PDA

View Full Version : Getting respect from baseballnotebook.com

Foulke29
03-16-2005, 04:32 PM
FYI - a bit of good news:

http://www.baseballnotebook.com/essay.asp?esource=e_031305.asp&topt=Projected%202005%20Standings

"I'm expecting the pecking order in the AL Central to change this year as Kenny Williams has built what I think is a fairly strong team in Chicago. The Twins constantly are in the mix but I don't think they'll make it this year."

Iguana775
03-16-2005, 04:45 PM
wow! I'm shocked! I dont know how to responsed. It's weird seeing a positive quote about the Sox. lol

adidas773
03-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Every media critic has doubted us, its rare that we get a response like that. I'd rather get negative feedback, because that's what pushes the players to come harder this year.

StepsInSC
03-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Any and all credibility might be removed by the fact that they chose the Mets to be the NL champs...

mweflen
03-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes, this is quite rare. But -gasp- does it mean we officially lose our "Under The Radar" status? I guess only KC is now under the radar, since ESPN loves the Indians and Tigers, and most everyone else in the country just cuts and pastes the Twins from last year's predictions to this year.

It's just shocking not to see the same old hack "They lost Maggs and Carlos and only added Jermaine Dye" story.

Foulke29
03-16-2005, 05:04 PM
The thing about this guy - is that he's a probability statistician. I like this guy giving us those odds better than ESPN and other sports writers.

He did pick the Sox last year, and he gave them the best 'odds' to win their division, but I don't think he factored the Sox losing Magglio and Hurt for half the season at the same time.

HomeFish
03-16-2005, 07:04 PM
That site is run by a Twins fan, iirc, making it even more unusual.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-17-2005, 07:02 PM
But he picked the A's and Cubs as division winners too....

MeanFish
03-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Explanations for that, afaik:

With the Cubs, he made a point in the commentary to say that something will probably separate them and the Cardinals. Sure enough, Wood and Prior got hurt. I'd say that separates the teams nicely and probably knocks the Cubs to third.

With the A's, he's a statistician and therefore a FOBB. 'Nuff said.