PDA

View Full Version : I need a little help here (school related)

SoxFan76
03-16-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm doing a speech on the effects of steroids on baseball players, and I need some help.

For my attention getter, I want to give the league average of home runs in a certain year (probably around 20 years ago) to the league average in 2004. Where would I find such information?

Thanks for any help.

maurice
03-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Here. (http://baseball-reference.com/)

It might require a bit of math.

SoxSpeed22
03-16-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm doing a speech on the effects of steroids on baseball players, and I need some help.

For my attention getter, I want to give the league average of home runs in a certain year (probably around 20 years ago) to the league average in 2004. Where would I find such information?

Thanks for any help.I think if you look up steroids and baseball players, there should be a lot. The problem I have with 20 years is that conditioning and training are so much better now than then. If you search by weights of the players by year and HR, as well as pre-strike and post-strike HR. That's how I'd do it, but its up to you.

SoxFan76
03-16-2005, 05:19 PM
I think if you look up steroids and baseball players, there should be a lot. The problem I have with 20 years is that conditioning and training are so much better now than then. If you search by weights of the players by year and HR, as well as pre-strike and post-strike HR. That's how I'd do it, but its up to you.

I did think about that. I was going to do more than 20 years ago, but that's not really a fair comparison. What about 15 years ago? I think that could be fair.

SoxSpeed22
03-16-2005, 05:28 PM
I did think about that. I was going to do more than 20 years ago, but that's not really a fair comparison. What about 15 years ago? I think that could be fair.That should be fine.

Ol' No. 2
03-16-2005, 05:42 PM

Thanks for any help.If you're good with Access databases, there's a good one (for free!) here (http://www.baseball1.com/statistics/). You should be able to get what you need.

SoxFan76
03-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys.