PDA

View Full Version : The Media Sucks

crazyozzie02
03-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Some of you might find this intresting as this proves what we have all know for a long, long time now. I have been doing any experiment on t.v. about how much air time that each baseball team gets. The numbers are sickening, but we already knew it was the case.

Regular 35 minute newscast (CBS, NBC, ABC)

Flubs: 2 minutes average
Sox: 45 seconds average

One Hour Newscasts (FOX, WGN)

Flubs: 2 munutes 30 seconds average
Sox: 1 minute 25 seconds average

This was done over the time since spring training has started. At first it was even but the numbers have increased for the cubs since then. Take it at what you may. Any questions just ask me.

Baby Fisk
03-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Some of you might find this intresting as this proves what we have all know for a long, long time now. I have been doing any experiment on t.v. about how much air time that each baseball team gets. The numbers are sickening, but we already knew it was the case.

This was done over the time since spring training has started. At first it was even but the numbers have increased for the cubs since then. Take it at what you may. Any questions just ask me.
FWIW, let me counter that with an informal "hat poll" conducted on the streets of Toronto last year. (Results are approximate, 19 times out of 20)

Hats worn on streets of downtown Toronto, 2004:

NY YANKEES: 36%
BLUE JAYS: 15%
WHITE SOX: 10%
TIGERS 8%
RED SOX: 7%
PHILLIES: 6%
EXPOS: 5%
CUBS: 5%
others: the occasional sighting

So what does that prove? Jack squat! :cool:

Hangar18
03-16-2005, 11:51 AM
FWIW, let me counter that with an informal "hat poll" conducted on the streets of Toronto last year. (Results are approximate, 19 times out of 20)

TIGERS 8%

A Hat Poll is different from a TV time poll. Many people among ALL
the hats are wearing the hat just becuase it looks good. The
SOX have a good looking hat, so not surprised to see the SOX at the top.
Wish the SOX would use this fact, as their Foot-in-proverbial-door
and get more fans for themselves ...........

Uncle_Patrick
03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Of course the media sucks. Now, with Prior and Wood both on "watch", prepare to see and hear and the read more about the Cubs.

CubKilla
03-16-2005, 12:02 PM

TIGERS 8%

Exactly. Pretty soon the White Sox fanbase is going to be renamed the "Whine Sox" fanbase. The Cubs are number 1 in Chicago and will be for some time. Get over it, deal with it, and move on. Of course, it didn't help matters when the CEO proclaimed, "Chicago has always been a Cubs town."

Hangar18
03-16-2005, 12:07 PM

If these facts are right.............sheesh. Good Job CrazyOzzie

StillMissOzzie
03-16-2005, 12:58 PM
As a side-bar to this discussion, Phil Rogers has a column on ESPN.com that plows the same turf as his story in today's Cubune w/r/t the poor over-worked sCrUB pitchers. I wonder if he gets paid twice for this stuff.

SMO
:gulp:

MIgrenade
03-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Doesn't the city's leaning go in waves? This was a Sox town in the eighties and early nineties, until Wrigleyville became a giant beer garden. With economic renewal on the south side and new apartments going up, soon yuppie land will be on the south side too. Then things might change again. I could be wrong but it might happen.

skobabe8
03-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Thread title of the year

cubhater
03-16-2005, 09:39 PM

I think we found Hangar's twin brother!:cool:

crazyozzie02
03-17-2005, 09:48 AM
I think we found Hangar's twin brother!:cool:

I try to be the best sox fan that i can possibley be. I am only 18, but i am so anrgy at the media for doing this to my sox. I wasnt alive for the time when the sox were the media favorites, so all i know is media neglect. So i do things like this to prove that i am right.
:D: