PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about penning the "Great American Novel..."

SOXintheBURGH
03-16-2005, 03:37 AM
Well kids, I graduated from Penn State with a degree in history (its a fake major, I know.)

I'm really good at writing, so I was thinking about penning a book.

Dan Helpingstine already wrote a great book on Sox history, so I won't be doing that. Everything that was of my interest in history classes has been done to death. Then I was struggling...Then, the title hits me:

"Bleacher Bums, Billy Goats, and Beers: OR- Why I Hate the Chicago Cubs"
by SOXintheBURGH

I can crush anything Steven King ever wrote page wise in like, 3 days.

Taking advanced orders now.

I only sign autographs for money.

batmanZoSo
03-16-2005, 03:46 AM
Well kids, I graduated from Penn State with a degree in history (its a fake major, I know.)

I'm really good at writing, so I was thinking about penning a book.

Dan Helpingstine already wrote a great book on Sox history, so I won't be doing that. Everything that was of my interest in history classes has been done to death. Then I was struggling...Then, the title hits me:

"Bleacher Bums, Billy Goats, and Beers: OR- Why I Hate the Chicago Cubs"
by SOXintheBURGH

I can crush anything Steven King ever wrote page wise in like, 3 days.

Taking advanced orders now.

I only sign autographs for money.

Do it. Shed some light on the phony Sammy love affair, and how they didn't always have ivy and how this wasn't always a cubs town and how they didn't "always sell out."

I'll tell you this, you'd sell at least 4,000 some odd copies...:cool:

Baby Fisk
03-16-2005, 08:43 AM
I might order a copy, if there were some lewd scenes. :cool:

34 Inch Stick
03-16-2005, 10:10 AM
You can write a conspiracy novel about how a northside conglomerate attempted to do something dastardly to a mayor who would not let them expand their stadium. The twist is the northside conglomerate gets to the mayor by kidnapping and brainwashing a Sox fan who came to Wrigley during the Cubs/Sox series. The Sox fan suddenly reappears after 9 months to attend opening day at the Cell...the same game the mayor is attending.

Baby Fisk
03-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Don't be tempted to travel the avenue of "alternate history" for the Sox either. Eg. Look at this sorry waste (http://www.triumphbooks.com/Little%20Red%20(Sox)%20Book.htm) from 2003. What the hell will Red Sox fans do with themselves now?

SOXintheBURGH
03-16-2005, 11:18 AM
You can write a conspiracy novel about how a northside conglomerate attempted to do something dastardly to a mayor who would not let them expand their stadium. The twist is the northside conglomerate gets to the mayor by kidnapping and brainwashing a Sox fan who came to Wrigley during the Cubs/Sox series. The Sox fan suddenly reappears after 9 months to attend opening day at the Cell...the same game the mayor is attending.

Hey, thats not bad.

"I... must kill.... the queen."

UofCSoxFan
03-17-2005, 12:10 AM
How about a tell all autobiography where you admit steroid use, calin to have slept with 10,000 women, and detail your love fling with Madonna.

Guaranteed best seller.

SOXintheBURGH
03-17-2005, 12:23 PM
How about a tell all autobiography where you admit steroid use, calin to have slept with 10,000 women, and detail your love fling with Madonna.

Guaranteed best seller.

Well... I never used steroids.. And I've only slept with around 9,672 women.

Tekijawa
03-17-2005, 12:31 PM

Guaranteed best seller.

Don't forget about the locker room toilet stall Glutius Maximus injections!