PDA

View Full Version : Steroid Hearings on TV???

UofCSoxFan
03-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Don't know where this should go but since it impacts the Sox at least indirectly (and Thomas directly) I went with here. Feel free to move it if need be:

My question was if anyone knew one way or another whether or not the Congressional Hearings that Thomas is called to testify in concerning steroids will be on tv. I know C-SPAN has covered the House and Senate live before and was hoping they'd do the same here. (I'd have to find out what channel that is...not exactly my fav. thing to watch). If not them, ESPNews maybe? I'd really like to watch these if possible.

NUCatsFan
03-16-2005, 03:48 AM
Don't know where this should go but since it impacts the Sox at least indirectly (and Thomas directly) I went with here. Feel free to move it if need be:

My question was if anyone knew one way or another whether or not the Congressional Hearings that Thomas is called to testify in concerning steroids will be on tv. I know C-SPAN has covered the House and Senate live before and was hoping they'd do the same here. (I'd have to find out what channel that is...not exactly my fav. thing to watch). If not them, ESPNews maybe? I'd really like to watch these if possible.

AFAIK, it will be broadcast on ESPN/ESPNews

NonetheLoaiza
03-16-2005, 11:01 AM
AFAIK, it will be broadcast on ESPN/ESPNews

That's what I heard, too. I saw it scrolled across ESPN's bottom line that it was going to be on one of the channels.

Clembasbal
03-16-2005, 11:17 AM
That's what I heard, too. I saw it scrolled across ESPN's bottom line that it was going to be on one of the channels.

I was watching Sportsnite yesterday on CSN and they said that they will have it, but maybe it was the time it started...but I think the lady mentioned that they will be carrying it.

gosox41
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM

Does anyone know what time it's supposed to start? I can't wait to hear it.

Bob

SluggersAway
03-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know what time it's supposed to start? I can't wait to hear it.

Bob

10 AM EST Thursday

mcfish
03-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Watch the NCAA Tournament 1st round and read about it in the paper Friday. That's what I'm doing at least. I might catch something on sportscenter Thursday night too... :cool:

Clembasbal
03-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Sportsday on CSN just said they are going to start broadcasting it at 11:30 Thursday.

Rocklive99
03-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Nice, I think them getting involved is extremely ridiculous, but I definately want to hear the players' responses. Does Sosa know how to say 'Plead the 5th' in English?

jortafan
03-16-2005, 06:17 PM
ESPN is only planning on showing the hearings for up to two hours, until 11 a.m. our time.

For those who have to see every single moment, C-SPAN3 is carrying the hearings live, with C-SPAN2 re-airing them later in the day.

Viva Medias B's
03-16-2005, 10:28 PM
The U.S. House Committee on Government Reform will convene its hearing regarding steroids and baseball at 9:00 a.m. (Chicago time). It appears that there will be four panels (http://reform.house.gov/GovReform/Schedule/EventSingle.aspx?EventID=1637) of witnesses providing testimony for the committee. Frank Thomas and five others are scheduled to be part of the third panel.

The hearings will be carried live on at least ESPN, ESPNEWS, and C-SPAN3.

UofCSoxFan
03-16-2005, 11:09 PM
I heard Frank is to speak last...via teleconference from Tuson as to not hinder his rehab....(hmm maybe not the best word choice under the present circumstances :smile: )

StepsInSC
03-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Nice, I think them getting involved is extremely ridiculous, but I definately want to hear the players' responses. Does Sosa know how to say 'Plead the 5th' in English?

He's going to have a translator there...not joking.

Kuzman
03-17-2005, 09:55 AM
He's going to have a translator there...not joking.

lmao i know! i heard that on mike and mike and just started laughing when i heard that. I guess the judge wont accept, "I love baseball, and baseball been bery bery good to me"