PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Bets

BridgePortNative
03-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Heard on MJ&H the wages of bets with the Cubs and Sox, which one would you do instead of the obvious win-loss column. Be as creative as possible. Here's one, Scott Podsednik's total SB against the entire Cubs team.

maurice
03-15-2005, 06:57 PM
My running bet this year is Pierzynski's AVE v. Barrett's AVE.
Here are some other similar bets:
- Rowand's AVE v. Patterson's AVE
- Uribe's FPCT v. Garciapara's FPCT
- Garcia's wins + Buerhle's wins v. pick two cub pitcher's wins
- McCarthy wins (at all levels) v. Guzman wins (at all levels)
Then there's always the old standby . . . Sox place in standings v. cubs place in standings.

munchman33
03-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Then there's always the old standby . . . Sox place in standings v. cubs place in standings.

Jeez...at least give the Cubs a chance to win one of those.

cubhater
Heard on MJ&H the wages of bets with the Cubs and Sox, which one would you do instead of the obvious win-loss column. Be as creative as possible. Here's one, Scott Podsednik's total SB against the entire Cubs team.

Didn't Mac back out of that bet in the case that Pods gets injured? But I got a laugh when he said Pods stolen bases by July would be more than the Cubs entire season if he's healthy.

Here's my bet...

Wood's total days on DL vs. Shingo's save total.

cubhater

Remember, we're biased!:cool:

StillMissOzzie
03-16-2005, 01:01 AM

Did they announce the Sox/sCrUB wagers they were gonna have this year on MJ&H? I ask because I suggested the EXACT one as I have highlighted in your quote above to MJ&H in an e-mail to their show last week-Buehrle+Garcia vs. any 2 sCrUBs!

SMO

UofCSoxFan
03-16-2005, 01:34 AM
How about games El Duque lasts before getting injured compare to the combined games Wood and Prior last before getting injured?

...oh wait. :?:

mccombe_35
03-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Did they announce the Sox/sCrUB wagers they were gonna have this year on MJ&H? I ask because I suggested the EXACT one as I have highlighted in your quote above to MJ&H in an e-mail to their show last week-Buehrle+Garcia vs. any 2 sCrUBs!

SMO

I think they are still working on it, but here are the bets they have so far:

more HRs Konerko & Frank vs. ARam & D Lee
triple crown stats Dye vs. Burnitz
will Maddux get to 15 wins
Sox vs Cubs head to head wins

fusillirob1983
03-16-2005, 09:25 AM
I would not bet against Maddux getting 15 wins.

Ol' No. 2
03-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Polls on ChicagoSports.com uniformly come out favoring Cubs players (surprise!). They picked Burnitz over Dye:?: and Barrett over AJ:?::?: by 2:1 margins. Now if I could only find out the names of some of these suckers...

maurice
03-16-2005, 11:51 AM

I only bet when the odds are significantly in my favor. Besides, I doubt it would be very difficult to find members of the blue bandwagon who foolishly believe that Barrett is a better hitter than Pierzynski (based on last year's aberrant stats), that Garciapara is a good fielder, or that the cubs have four aces and the Sox have none. Why turn down easy money?

Polls on ChicagoSports.com uniformly come out favoring Cubs players (surprise!). They picked...Barrett over AJ:?::?: by 2:1 margins.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Put your superior baseball knowledge to work for you. Maybe I should do an infomercial.
:D:

skobabe8
03-16-2005, 04:31 PM
$100 bet with my friend...

Prior + Wood wins VS. Any 2 Sox Pitchers' wins

:supernana: