PDA

View Full Version : New Renovation Pics Up

NSSoxFan
03-15-2005, 06:03 PM
For March 3 and 8. You have to click on "renovations" and then "view other galleries".

The green club level seats are in place and look great.

BridgePortNative
03-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Ole'!

robertks61
03-15-2005, 06:30 PM
That's why I love this website. I can go her and get any baseball news I need along with the links!

wsoxfan
03-15-2005, 07:21 PM
i just went there, last update they had was march 1st :?:

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-15-2005, 07:25 PM
i just went there, last update they had was march 1st :?:
If you only click the "Renovations" link on the main whitesox.com page, you'll see the march 1st pictures. To see the March 5th and 8th pictures, just go to the upper right hand part of the picture viewer and click "View other galleries" and you'll see the March 5th and 8th links. :smile:

wsoxfan
03-15-2005, 07:34 PM
thanks. I just saw 'em. For some reason they I couldn't see the new updated one's when using mozilla firefox but i saw them through internet explorer, weird :?:. Renovations are looking sweet though...:cool:

cubhater
03-15-2005, 07:42 PM
The renovations look cool but I'm still not sold on the location for Fundamentals. I wish they would keep it in the same area but over and behind the bathrooms/hat store and not over the concourse.

BridgePortNative
03-15-2005, 07:47 PM
I pass there every day and the FUNdementals deck is going along greatly. The white plastic is removed and what they are doing now is the interior work on the decks. From what I could see, they were welding fences on the top level, not the little one but the top big one. It looks like its painted dark red

FightingBillini
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Here is the big thing I noticed about the scout seats...
Look closely at the 5th picture from March 8 and the and last picture from March 3, pay special attention to the concrete that forms a wall around the section. In the front, it extends past the current seats on either side. The dugouts always stuck out, and it appears that this section will extened outwards to where the dugouts are, past the original backstop by a few feet. That is clear.

I have been thinking about this for a long time (rather than studying for paltry "midterms" or filling out law school apps.:cool:) and the dugouts are extremely tall at the cell. They are about as deep below the field as in any other park, but the roof is particularly high. In pictures of batters you alway see dugout wall in the background. The roof is about 4 feet over the player's heads when they are sitting. I thought for a while that the sox would eventually add more seats behind the dugouts, so here is my guarantee for next year...

The dugouts will be moved forward 5 feet or so, and two new rows of "prime" seats will be added between the end of the scout section and the beginning of seats that were added in renovations circa 2000. The dugouts would likely still be at the same depth below the playing field, but the roof will be lower. Book it.

By the way...
HAPPY 1,000th to me!!!
:bandance::bandance::bandance:
:cheers::Rocker::offtopic:

Frank the Tank
03-15-2005, 10:10 PM
I know I might be a little redundant with my question, but does anybody know if there will be any money left after this wave of renovations?

NSSoxFan
03-15-2005, 10:38 PM
I know I might be a little redundant with my question, but does anybody know if there will be any money left after this wave of renovations?

I believe the official word from the Sox is no. But, with the new agreement for "Your White Sox presented by U.S. Cellular", there might be more money to work with. IMO, the only thing that would be nice to have is a grand entrance to the cell. I know there have been renderings in the past that have placed it on the corner of 35th and Shields, I prefer it where the club offices are located.

FightingBillini
03-15-2005, 11:00 PM
I believe the official word from the Sox is no. But, with the new agreement for "Your White Sox presented by U.S. Cellular", there might be more money to work with. IMO, the only thing that would be nice to have is a grand entrance to the cell. I know there have been renderings in the past that have placed it on the corner of 35th and Shields, I prefer it where the club offices are located.
Yeah, we still dont know exactly how much was spent. There may be more money left from the naming rights deal, and the Sox may have gotten a substantial amount for the new deal "US Cellular presents Chicago White Sox baseball". Either way, they arent done with the park. Brooks said during the season something along the lines of "I think we have a full docket (of renovations) for this offseason, but we are always looking for ways to improve the park." When the naming rights deal was signed, it was claimed that we would have a "brand new US Cellular Field" by 2005. Obviously, we dont have the "brand new" USCF yet, otherwise they would be hyping it up, advertising and whatnot. I dont know what else will be done, whether it will be small or big, but I am pretty sure that more will be done after this season. As for the money, the Sox can always add sponsors. They could likely get a sponsor to pay for a home run porch in RF. Aside from more licensing, I think Reinsdorf will chip in more money. He paid for the rearranging of the bullpens and the additional seats in foul territory. JR will spend money if he believes that it will greatly improve the experience of the park, or if it will increase his revenue.

NSSoxFan
03-15-2005, 11:09 PM
They could likely get a sponsor to pay for a home run porch in RF.

I used to be a fan of a home run porch, but after thinking about it over the years I don't think it's a good idea. Aside from making the park more intimate, I don't see it accomplishing anything else. IMO, we don't need another section of the ballpark left empty 1/4 of the season.

If there was some way to do away with the ramps all around the park or just make them blend better, I would be all for it.

Hangar18
03-16-2005, 01:21 PM
I like the pics, give a real fans-eye view of what this monstrosity
is going to look like. The views are good for sure ............
but the one picture, taken from the concourse, underneath the PlayPen
looking towards the field, Confirms what I feared most ........
That the PlayPen makes the LF concourse look like the underside of the
L Tracks downtown. Terrible

itsnotrequired
03-16-2005, 01:56 PM

I assume you're talking about the pics from March 1. In any event, all that is up is the structural steel. The current pic has no lighting, no paint, no decorative elements, etc. Can't say for sure what it will look like when all is said and done but I'm betting it won't be a creaky, rusted hulk of metal.:D:

NSSoxFan
03-16-2005, 02:21 PM

Hangar, remember that they are going to be putting bricks around the metal poles that actually touch the LF concourse. From the renderings that I see, it is going to look pretty nice.

Hangar18
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Hangar, remember that they are going to be putting bricks around the metal poles that actually touch the LF concourse. From the renderings that I see, it is going to look pretty nice.

that is important to note ...... wish they had better artist renderings ......
the more Brick the better. By the way, your Mr. Thomas goes to Washington made me LMAO here in the office ........ heh heh

Baby Fisk
03-16-2005, 02:50 PM
It looks like it will provide a lovely rain shelter on the concourse, no? :?: Granted, it's not a gigantic Guinness pint glass, but you can't have it all...

NSSoxFan
03-16-2005, 02:51 PM
By the way, your Mr. Thomas goes to Washington made me LMAO here in the office ........ heh heh

Glad you found it funny. :cool:

Rush20
03-16-2005, 04:30 PM
that is important to note ...... wish they had better artist renderings ......
the more Brick the better. By the way, your Mr. Thomas goes to Washington made me LMAO here in the office ........ heh heh

Speaking of brick. I really wish they would remove those silly pinwheel decals that are on the upperdeck concrete. The old retired number plaques looked a lot better IMO. I hope they brick over the exposed concrete. I like the looks of the green seats on the club level. I also think it's time for some new lettering on the press box. The All-Star Game look is getting old.