PDA

View Full Version : Roster moves today

Ol' No. 2
03-15-2005, 05:30 PM
RHP Jeff Bajenaru and LHP Arnie Munoz were optioned to Class AAA Charlotte;
RHP Kris Honel and 1B Casey Rogowski were optioned to Class AA Birmingham;
C Raul Casanova, LHP Ryan Meaux, C Gustavo Molina, OF Jerry Owens, LHP David Sanders, LHP Josh Stewart and OF Chris Young were reassigned to minor-league camp.

MUsoxfan
03-15-2005, 05:35 PM
RHP Jeff Bajenaru and LHP Arnie Munoz were optioned to Class AAA Charlotte;

That's fantastic news! Not that I was worried about him making the team, I was worried about the safety of my TV if I watched him pitch in one more game this spring.

Jjav829
03-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Hmmm, Rooney said at the end of the broadcast that Stewart would be starting tomorrow. :?:

I'm kinda surprised Rogowski was optioned already.

MRKARNO
03-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Hmmm, Rooney said at the end of the broadcast that Stewart would be starting tomorrow. :?:

Isn't it about time for Garcia to start?

mealfred13
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm pretty sure he started the B game on sunday?

Ol' No. 2
03-15-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm pretty sure he started the B game on sunday?I thought Garland started the B game on Sunday. Maybe Garcia started one on Saturday. Either way, it's too soon for him to start tomorrow. When did Contreras pitch last? I'm losing track.

Clembasbal
03-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Even if you get sent to the minors, that doesn't mean that you still don't play in the games.

I have been there late in the Spring Training, and I will be again...I have seen guys that got sent down weeks before still playing so the regulars don't get tired before the season starts.

Bucktown
03-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I thought Garland started the B game on Sunday. Maybe Garcia started one on Saturday. Either way, it's too soon for him to start tomorrow. When did Contreras pitch last? I'm losing track.
Contreras pirched on Saturday against Oakland. Not impressive. He gave up a couple of long balls. 5 runs, 4 earned before I abandoned the game for the Iowa-Wisconsin game.

Ol' No. 2
03-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Three more down. 15 to go.
LHP Ryan Meaux, LHP David Sanders and LHP Josh Stewart were reassigned to minor-league camp
Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050316&content_id=969077&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

mealfred13
03-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Contreras pirched on Saturday against Oakland. Not impressive. He gave up a couple of long balls. 5 runs, 4 earned before I abandoned the game for the Iowa-Wisconsin game.

Looks like it's almost time for the "Drop Contreras for McCarthy" thread...

GoGoOzzie
03-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Isn't it about time for Garcia to start?

Sun-Times said today that they're going with Stewart to avoid giving divison rivals KC a look at Garcia. Who knows.

Sorry I can't find a link...

owensmouth
03-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Looks like it's almost time for the "Drop Contreras for McCarthy" thread...

I prefer a Contreras and Willie to the Cubs for Hairston thread.

PAPChiSox729
03-16-2005, 06:40 PM

I'm kinda surprised Rogowski was optioned already.

I saw Rogowski on the ESPN 2 broadcast. He didn't look very comfortable to me. By the way, was anyone else surprised by how huge he was? Wow.

HomeFish
03-16-2005, 07:03 PM
We still have Josh Stewart? What happened to him...I recall him starting for us years ago.

mealfred13
03-16-2005, 07:39 PM
IIRC, he did pretty well for the Sox, starting a few solid games in the majors before he took a line drive to the upper chest which caused him some nerve damage and sidelined him for the rest of the season.