PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 03/15/05

Hangar18
03-15-2005, 04:26 PM
I missed monday, but dont worry everyone, here are the totals
for the last 2 days.
Monday saw both papers give the teams "equal" coverage, 4-4 (91-74)
but that slides by the wayside as news of The Messiahs injury trumps all other
coverage. The Cub-Times today even gives The Messiah the Entire
Back Page for good measure ........

Cubune:
3 cub stories
2 sox stories
Cub-Times:
4 cub stories
2 sox stories

CUBS 98
SOX 78

SoxEd
03-15-2005, 04:30 PM

I take it that that's Cubs stories over Sox stories, right?

If you disregard the Tribune, to allow for their obvious Conflict of Interest, how do the figures pan out?

Flight #24
03-15-2005, 04:31 PM

Hangar - you're slipping, not mention of how the Cubune recaps yesterday's game and mentions "Aaron Rowland"'s 2 HRs.:D:

Is it just me or are we closing the gap a bit? Somewhat surprising given the Wood & Prior injuries that I'd have expected to get a ton of coverage and skew things more towards the North Side.

FWIW - It does seems like things are a lot "fairer" this year, either because of the obviousness of the bias, or maybe the dwindling prospects for the Cubs while the Sox scheme seems on track.

Ol' No. 2
03-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Hangar - you're slipping, not mention of how the Cubune recaps yesterday's game and mentions "Aaron Rowland"'s 2 HRs.:D:

Is it just me or are we closing the gap a bit? Somewhat surprising given the Wood & Prior injuries that I'd have expected to get a ton of coverage and skew things more towards the North Side.

FWIW - It does seems like things are a lot "fairer" this year, either because of the obviousness of the bias, or maybe the dwindling prospects for the Cubs while the Sox scheme seems on track.So far, I like what I've been reading from the new Sox beat writer at the Trib. But then, he's new. After a few months he'll be spewing the party line like the rest of them.

Hangar18
03-15-2005, 04:49 PM
I take it that that's Cubs stories over Sox stories, right?

If you disregard the Tribune, to allow for their obvious Conflict of Interest, how do the figures pan out?

Sorry Fellas, computer hit ENTER before I was ready ........
Amended stats are above .......

Flight #24
03-15-2005, 05:45 PM
So far, I like what I've been reading from the new Sox beat writer at the Trib. But then, he's new. After a few months he'll be spewing the party line like the rest of them.

Just wait until after his first performance review....

onesox
03-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Hangar if you will notice this is your own thread from 1 year ago tomorrow. THERE IS NO 4-1 margin for the cubs ...... not even close to a 2-1 margin. Now stop Hallucinating!!!!!!!

itsnotrequired
03-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Hangar if you will notice this is your own thread from 1 year ago tomorrow. THERE IS NO 4-1 margin for the cubs ...... not even close to a 2-1 margin. Now stop Hallucinating!!!!!!!

BUSTED!!!

:cool:

Hangar18
03-14-2006, 03:48 PM
BUSTED!!!

:cool:

again, if that other team can have a 20 story lead coming off what, a 4th place finish.............what would an Actual World Series Championship equal?

itsnotrequired
03-14-2006, 03:56 PM
again, if that other team can have a 20 story lead coming off what, a 4th place finish.............what would an Actual World Series Championship equal?

Eh, I'm just ribbin' ya.

:D:

Hangar18
03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Eh, I'm just ribbin' ya.

:D:

Dont worry ............ Im glad the Tribs reading this actual dialogue .....