PDA

View Full Version : Boers & Bernstein Coming to Sox Camp in Tucson

Viva Medias B's
03-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Next Monday through Wednesday, Boers & Bernstein will be doing their WSCR show from Tucson Electric Park.

chidavid18
03-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Wow, by the way the score sucks.

DrCrawdad
03-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Next Monday through Wednesday, Boers & Bernstein will be doing their WSCR show from Tucson Electric Park.

Boers and Bernstein, the hunt for Steve Stone at TEP.

MUsoxfan

That may be, but B&B will give lots of good Sox interviews during that time. I'm looking forward to those shows

NSSoxFan

This has to got to be the post of the week. :rolleyes:

Viva Medias B's
03-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Boers and Bernstein, the hunt for Steve Stone at TEP.

Steve Stone is at TEP Park doing today's game for ESPN2.

cheeses_h_rice
03-15-2005, 01:18 PM

You're incorrect, sir.

The Score, outside of Boers & Bernstein, sucks. B&B's show is highly entertaining and informative; not a day doesn't go by where I don't crack up out loud at something Bernstein says, plus the man shares my immense revulsion toward the "dillhole" that played RF for the Flubs last year.

cbrownson13
03-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Is Larry Horse going too?

thepaulbowski
03-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I still refuse to listen to the Score.

paciorek1983
03-15-2005, 04:56 PM
You're incorrect, sir.

The Score, outside of Boers & Bernstein, sucks. B&B's show is highly entertaining and informative; not a day doesn't go by where I don't crack up out loud at something Bernstein says, plus the man shares my immense revulsion toward the "dillhole" that played RF for the Flubs last year.

I rarely listen to the Score anymore, and, out of all of the shows on that station, that is the only show I never listen to anymore. those two are too jerky for me. The Score screwed up when they switched around their original lineup, and I've never forgiven them for that.

They can stay in Arizona for all I care.

SOXSINCE'70
03-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Is Larry Horse going too?

It wouldn't be the same without him.:D: :D: :D:

Hangar18
03-15-2005, 05:28 PM
The Score screwed up when they switched around their original lineup, and I've never forgiven them for that.

The Boers & Bernstein show is pretty funny, and I do like it that
they call things like they see it, esp when they lambasted the Evil Blue Corporation over the falling concrete, and Baker over his ducking the issue
comments aimed towards Abc-7's Brad Palmer.

D. TODD
03-15-2005, 05:33 PM
I rarely listen to the Score anymore, and, out of all of the shows on that station, that is the only show I never listen to anymore. those two are too jerky for me. The Score screwed up when they switched around their original lineup, and I've never forgiven them for that.

They can stay in Arizona for all I care. I agree totally a couple of whiny jerks, who rarely add anything except calling people Moran's, or idiots. They are what's wrong with sports talk on the radio. They just bash any and all they dislike. Who the hell are they!

MUsoxfan
03-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Who the hell are they!

Radio personalities. They don't claim to be experts, but they certainly are entertaining. I imagine they'll have some really good questions and some really funny questions to ask individuals in the White Sox camp when they make their visit. If you want people who claim to be experts, watch Baseball Tonight.....even though they're funny sometimes when they don't mean to be

SOXPHILE
03-15-2005, 09:30 PM
B & B are the best thing on the Score, though Bernstein is a psuedo-intellectual wine sipping priss, who's not quite as smart as he fancies himself. They are both funny, but Boers is what makes the show.

paciorek1983
03-15-2005, 11:42 PM
I agree totally a couple of whiny jerks, who rarely add anything except calling people Moran's, or idiots. They are what's wrong with sports talk on the radio. They just bash any and all they dislike. Who the hell are they!

Exactly, and I don't think they're funny at all, just annoying. They're so whiny, I don't know how they live with themselves. I prefer Murphy over those two jerks. He's the only good thing that station has.

The only other time I'd listen to that station is if it ever became the Sox flagship.

ihatethecubs
03-16-2005, 01:20 AM
You're incorrect, sir.

i love B&B i listen everyday at work and they are hilarous. i could listen to them rip on baker and the cubs all day.

UofCSoxFan
03-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Was B & B the show were they did the impression of Dusy Baker dending all the Cubs stupid behavior over the course of the year and apply it to bizarre stuff going on in the world as well as Cubdum?

"You know man that's just the way society is these days. You can't walk down the street without concrete falling on you head. It's just the way our society is, Man."

That stuff killed me.

Fredsox
03-16-2005, 05:15 AM
B & B are the best thing on the Score, though Bernstein is a psuedo-intellectual wine sipping priss, who's not quite as smart as he fancies himself. They are both funny, but Boers is what makes the show.

They might be the best thing on the Floor but that is not a lot IMO. They're arrogant, loud, and just plain mean to people. They're not interested in anything other than controversy and ratings so they rip and belittle people. In my view they are the same type of sports personalities as Mariotti or Mike North.

Cubbiesuck13
03-16-2005, 08:49 AM
does The Score webcast?

wdelaney72
03-16-2005, 08:57 AM
B & B are unlistenable. They act like 2 8th grade little girls. I liked Boers during the "Heavy Fuel Crew" days, but he's completely lost it.

I just don't find a radio show consisting of a North Shore snob and bitter-old writer who do nothing but insult people (including their audience) as enjoyable radio.

The Score had a great thing going years ago and Ron Gleason butchered it to shreds. It's sad, because I used to listen to them A LOT, and now I can barely stomach any part of it.

The weird thing is since Mike Murphy has moved to evenings and lost Fred Huebner (who is supposed to be a Sox fan), he gives the Sox WAY more talk time. Anyone else notice this? Then again, I'm sure this will change once the season starts.

Dan H
03-16-2005, 09:20 AM
You're incorrect, sir.

Boers and Bernstien have their moments, but I can't handle more than 10 minutes of them at a time. I listen the Score less and less, and if their sagging ratings are any indication, many others listen less and less if at all.

FightingBillini
03-16-2005, 10:14 AM
B & B are unlistenable. They act like 2 8th grade little girls. I liked Boers during the "Heavy Fuel Crew" days, but he's completely lost it.

I just don't find a radio show consisting of a North Shore snob and bitter-old writer who do nothing but insult people (including their audience) as enjoyable radio.

The Score had a great thing going years ago and Ron Gleason butchered it to shreds. It's sad, because I used to listen to them A LOT, and now I can barely stomach any part of it.

The weird thing is since Mike Murphy has moved to evenings and lost Fred Huebner (who is supposed to be a Sox fan), he gives the Sox WAY more talk time. Anyone else notice this? Then again, I'm sure this will change once the season starts.

Yep, Fred is a Sox fan. He is know him, and he is a pretty good guy, too

wdelaney72
03-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Yep, Fred is a Sox fan. He is know him, and he is a pretty good guy, too

I don't know him, so I'll take your word that he's a good guy. I just wish he would have challenged Murph a bit more.

Now, he's got to be sitting there every morning listening to the Hot Dog guy and wondering "who does this clown have naked pictures of".

Sad
03-16-2005, 12:52 PM

agreed... I also used to be a faithful listener...

Bernstein is one of the most condescending, better-than-thou air personalities ever... can't believe that tent hasn't folded...

The morning time-slot is also in ruins... not that Murph & Fred were a great duo but what were they thinking there? :kukoo: North & Ann who??? Gak.

And, the afternoon show is just plain boring. Telander puts me to sleep. J.Hood should go back to having his own show IMO.

The one highlight for me is Saturday mornings with Baum & Rosenblum (sp?). Those guys crack me up. :rolling:

PatK
03-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Is Murphy the guy that attempts to turn every story in the baseball season into a Cubs story?

Sad
03-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Is Murphy the guy that attempts to turn every story in the baseball season into a Cubs story?

ayup.
loves to talk about the original bleacher bums and everything Cub...

DickAllen72
03-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Boers and Bernstein suck. They are a couple of immature, sophomoric, whiny little twerps.

:chunks

Here's to Boers and Bernstein! (I always hated seeing this picture and I never thought I'd ever post it. But it is totally appropriate for B&B.)

Rudy Law
03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I agree totally a couple of whiny jerks, who rarely add anything except calling people Moran's, or idiots. They are what's wrong with sports talk on the radio. They just bash any and all they dislike. Who the hell are they!

Well that is what they are supposed to do.....I agree that at times they ca nget on your nerves but that is there thing...That is the whole basis of the show...If you don't like then you just don't get it...and if you don't get it then you will probably hate them......I just think that there are some Sox fans who don't like when they make fun of the Sox.......which is nothing compared to there bashing of Dusty "Come on Dude" Baker and the Cubs managment......They do what they do so that people get all riled up and call them...It promotes "SPORTS TALK"..since that is there job...If you want to hate on someone hate on MIke North whose head is so far up his a#$ the thump in his throat is his chin...or Rick Telender who is so busy talking about himself you forget he has got 2 co-host...I hope J-Hood leaves and goes to ESPN1000 after his contract

paciorek1983
03-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Well that is what they are supposed to do.....I agree that at times they ca nget on your nerves but that is there thing...That is the whole basis of the show...If you don't like then you just don't get it...and if you don't get it then you will probably hate them

And if you hate them, you're probably not listening to them anymore either, like me, and many others. I can understand your point, but it's not good radio. Being condescending and belittling your listeners is a stupid approach.

Mac Jerko and Harry aren't like that, and I believe they're the #1 show, I may be wrong, but I know they've got to be more popular than B&B. Not that much of a fan of Mac, he's such a crab, but the three of them together make for good radio.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-17-2005, 09:21 PM
does The Score webcast?

No. They probably have all of their drop in sounds on 8-tracks still.