PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the Irony!

RKMeibalane
10-31-2001, 06:37 PM
Fred McGriff is staying with the Cubs. This is irronic when one considers that he joined the Cubs because he wanted to play in a winning environment. I mean, come on, people- it's the damn Cubs, the most pathetic franchise on the planet. The Cubs are the personification of futility, the embodiment of failure. If McGriff thinks he's going to win a ring with that organization, he's mistaken, because there will never be a World Series at Wrigley again. End of story.

Daver
10-31-2001, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Fred McGriff is staying with the Cubs. This is irronic when one considers that he joined the Cubs because he wanted to play in a winning environment. I mean, come on, people- it's the damn Cubs, the most pathetic franchise on the planet. The Cubs are the personification of futility, the embodiment of failure. If McGriff thinks he's going to win a ring with that organization, he's mistaken, because there will never be a World Series at Wrigley again. End of story.

He has 7.2 million reasons to stay.

But then again what the hell do I know?

RKMeibalane
10-31-2001, 06:45 PM
Not even "all the money in the world" would make me play for that ****ty team. Good grief! I thought McGriff had common sense, but I guess I was wrong about him. Oh well, he already has one ring ('95 Braves), so I guess he doesn't give a **** anymore, as long as his pay check has a fair amount of zeros on it.

Iguana775
10-31-2001, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by daver

He has 7.2 million reasons to stay.

But then again what the hell do I know?

LOL, daver. you got the copyright thing now.

Jerry_Manuel
10-31-2001, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
LOL, daver. you got the copyright thing now.

Iggy you should TM the term "lol" you use it in almost all of your posts.