View Full Version : Is Joe Carter back?

kittle42
03-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Bob Brenley on the Sox/Cubs game just now:

"This is a guy whose strength is throwing strikes."

Indeed.

Jjav829
03-14-2005, 03:04 PM
I posted this in the game thread. From earlier in the game...

Brenly: "Buehrle is the first Sox pitcher to lead the league in innings pitched since another Sox pitcher, Wilbur Wood.":?:

SOXintheBURGH
03-14-2005, 03:50 PM

Brenly: "Buehrle is the first Sox pitcher to lead the league in innings pitched since another Sox pitcher, Wilbur Wood.":?:

:?: :?: :?:

Oh god.

MUsoxfan
03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Thank God I saved myself from listening to this nonsense. The radio was much better even though they were about 1 second ahead of the TV

ChiSoxRowand
03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
granted I only watched about 5 minutes of the game, but those announcers were bad. I will give them a break because it is only about their 2nd broadcast, but if they are like that the whole year Scrubs fans will want Chip Caray back.

soltrain21
03-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I was watching the Cubs game the other day and he said. "the difference in baseball is that if the ball goes out of bounds you can still be out."

Since when is a foul ball referred to as "out of bounds?"

voodoochile
03-14-2005, 06:17 PM
I was watching the Cubs game the other day and he said. "the difference in baseball is that if the ball goes out of bounds you can still be out."

Since when is a foul ball referred to as "out of bounds?"

Also, what other sport can you be "out"?

minastirith67
03-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Also, what other sport can you be "out"?

Cricket.

Soxzilla
03-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Cricket.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Agreed though...those guys are terrible.

You'd think someone in Cubs management would have done some research on Brenly though, and heard his lousy commentating in High Heat Baseball.

Ol' No. 2
03-14-2005, 08:38 PM

Brenly: "Buehrle is the first Sox pitcher to lead the league in innings pitched since another Sox pitcher, Wilbur Wood.":?:I just heard this on the replay. You didn't do it justice. You need to capture his emphasis:

"Buehrle is the first Sox pitcher to lead the league in innings pitched since ANOTHER Sox pitcher, Wilbur Wood.":D:

TommyJohn
03-15-2005, 09:13 AM
I just heard this on the replay. You didn't do it justice. You need to capture his emphasis:

"Buehrle is the first Sox pitcher to lead the league in innings pitched since ANOTHER Sox pitcher, Wilbur Wood.":D:

Chalk one up for the Department of Redundancy Department.

voodoochile
03-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Chalk one up for the Department of Redundancy Department.

I thought that was the Department of Redundancy, Repetition and Deja Vu All Over Again Department...