PDA

View Full Version : Try this trick, it works!

DumpJerry
03-14-2005, 03:14 PM
I was talking with a die-hard Sox fan/Flub hater the other day. He told me that whenever he runs into a Cub "fan," he simply asks the person "who play Second Base for the Cubs?" He has yet to get an answer, even when he is sitting at Urinal (to cheer on the other team).

I tried it on a guy who told me that this was the year the Cubs are going to go all the way. I told him it would not happen for the Cubs. He told me that he would match up the Cubs' starting four against the Sox "starting four" any time. I broke the sad news to him that the Sox have a starting five with Garland as Number 5. One of those stupid arguments then broke out so I asked him who plays Second for the Cubs. He fell silent.:D:

BTW, an astute Cub fan will point out that What, not Who plays Second. Who plays First.:cool:

Stroker Ace
03-14-2005, 05:34 PM
I ask the sCrUB morons I get into arguments who is their closer, LF,3B,RF,2B, etc.

maurice
03-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I ask the sCrUB morons I get into arguments who is their closer

That's a trick question. They don't have a closer. :cool:

DumpJerry
03-14-2005, 06:19 PM
That's a trick question. They don't have a closer. :cool:

........or two closers......he he

row18
03-14-2005, 11:40 PM
If someone tells me that they are a flubs fans, I avoid all baseball related subjects, because it's clear they have no understanding of the game.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-14-2005, 11:49 PM
and ask them who their trainer and announcers are, oh and 3rd base coach, oh and hitting coach. Wow, lots of changes for a $100,000,000 "powerhouse".

Foulke You
03-15-2005, 04:03 PM
I spoke to a self proclaimed die-hard Cubs fan recently about baseball (big mistake) and when I told him I was excited about the Sox signing of El Duque, he looked at me with a foggy expression. Not only had he not heard the Sox signed El Duque, I had to explain to him WHO EL DUQUE WAS!!! I was like "y'know, big leg kick in the wind-up, played for the Yankees championship teams, his name is Orlando Hernandez, Cuban pitcher, etc." and then he claimed he knew who he was but I can tell he still didn't know who I was talking about. I guess I should not be surprised at what happens when I converse with many Cub fans but c'mon, even if you only follow the NL, you HAVE to know who El Duque is. :?:

NonetheLoaiza
03-15-2005, 05:11 PM
I spoke to a self proclaimed die-hard Cubs fan recently about baseball (big mistake) and when I told him I was excited about the Sox signing of El Duque, he looked at me with a foggy expression. Not only had he not heard the Sox signed El Duque, I had to explain to him WHO EL DUQUE WAS!!! I was like "y'know, big leg kick in the wind-up, played for the Yankees championship teams, his name is Orlando Hernandez, Cuban pitcher, etc." and then he claimed he knew who he was but I can tell he still didn't know who I was talking about. I guess I should not be surprised at what happens when I converse with many Cub fans but c'mon, even if you only follow the NL, you HAVE to know who El Duque is. :?:

It's amazing stuff like this story that makes my jaw drop at supposed "die hard" Cub fans...

MeanFish
03-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Most Cubs fans aren't baseball fans, they're Cubs fans. When they watch the Cubs play it's about the Cubs, and even then it's only the marquee players. Very similar to casual fans of the Harlem Globetrotters. Maybe they can tell you 2 or 3 names on the team, but the guys on the bench? The best player on the other team? Forget it, not a prayer.