PDA

View Full Version : Thomas receives his "get-well" card.

Iwritecode
03-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Message delivered: Back in January, during one of the town hall meetings with general manager Ken Williams at SoxFest, a little girl stepped to the microphone and asked Williams how she could send a card to Thomas to help him feel better. Williams told the girl that if she sent him the card directly, he would personally hand it to Thomas.

That mission was accomplished, as Williams presented the get-well card from the young fan this week. An appreciative Thomas has the card in his locker at the White Sox's Tucson Electric Park facility.

I was at the Q&A session when this happened. Good to see KW and the media follow up on it.

:)

chisox06
03-14-2005, 01:33 PM
I was at the Q&A session when this happened. Good to see KW and the media follow up on it.

Sure is, thats great to see.

Foulke You
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
I was at that Q & A session too. Great to see KW keep his word. I remember that he promised her he would hand it to Frank in person.

DaleJRFan
03-14-2005, 01:54 PM

I absolutely love "feel good" stories like this. Puts things inter perspective.

Ol' No. 2
03-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I absolutely love "feel good" stories like this. Puts things inter perspective.Plus, I'd be surprised if FT didn't write a note back. They've made a Sox fan for life.

Frater Perdurabo
03-14-2005, 03:13 PM
This young lady is way too clever. She knew doing so would force Kenny to meet face to face with Frank in a situation that would put a smile on both their faces, in the hopes that the good will would spur Kenny to pick up Frank's option for 2006!

:bandance::supernana::bandance:

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 03:32 PM
This young lady is way too clever. She knew doing so would force Kenny to meet face to face with Frank in a situation that would put a smile on both their faces, in the hopes that the good will would spur Kenny to pick up Frank's option for 2006!

:bandance::supernana::bandance:

Kids are clever that way... :cool:

PaleHoseGeorge
03-14-2005, 03:36 PM

Yeah, but after Kenny delivered the letter Frank got his paycheck with $3.5 million deducted. The notation on his pay stub simply said "postage due."
:wink:

NonetheLoaiza
03-14-2005, 03:47 PM
I was also at that session...way too cute when she said it...