PDA

View Full Version : Stone on Sox Telecast??

DannyCaterFan
03-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Just heard Steve Stone interviewed on his weekly appearance on the WSCR B&B show at noon. He mentioned that he would know alot more about the White Sox pitchers, and particularly Brandon McCarthy after tomorrow. He intimated, without being specific that he might be part of the Comcast broadcast tomorrow afternoon. Is this one of those four games that DJ is missing ? Will he be acting as an analyst with Hawk ? Would make for a very interesting broadcast.

chisox2005
03-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Just heard Steve Stone interviewed on his weekly appearance on the WSCR B&B show at noon. He mentioned that he would know alot more about the White Sox pitchers, and particularly Brandon McCarthy after tomorrow. He intimated, without being specific that he might be part of the Comcast broadcast tomorrow afternoon. Is this one of those four games that DJ is missing ? Will he be acting as an analyst with Hawk ? Would make for a very interesting broadcast.

The Cubs have the game today. It will be the first telecast for Kasper, I bleieve and Bob Brenly. So I'm sure since the Sox and Cubs are playing each other he's there to cover it.

irish rover
03-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Danny I heard the samething, sounded kinda strange like he was trying to say something without really saying it. Bores and Burnstein acted like they understood that there was more to the story

Jjav829
03-14-2005, 02:48 PM
No Comcast tomorrow. The game is on ESPN, so I assume that's when he'll begin his long rumored ESPN analyst job.

BTW, who was it that called up and asked him about McCarthy? Gotta be one of you people. It was phrased just like Hangar's example question in the What's The Score thread. :smile:

NSSoxFan
03-14-2005, 03:44 PM
BTW, who was it that called up and asked him about McCarthy? Gotta be one of you people. It was phrased just like Hangar's example question in the What's The Score thread. :smile:

I thought the same exact thing when I heard the caller. The question totally caught Stone off guard, and he had to admit he wasn't to familiar with the White Sox.

Funny funny.

Jerry_Manuel
03-14-2005, 03:52 PM
No Comcast tomorrow. The game is on ESPN, so I assume that's when he'll begin his long rumored ESPN analyst job.

My DirecTV guide, as well as the schedule on the Sox website has it being on Comcast as well. I doubt Comcast would be picking up the ESPN feed.

So who knows....

Jjav829
03-14-2005, 04:08 PM
My DirecTV guide, as well as the schedule on the Sox website has it being on Comcast as well. I doubt Comcast would be picking up the ESPN feed.

So who knows....

Hmm, weird. I thought the schedule shown during yesterday's broadcast of the Rockies game had Comcast not airing the game tomorrow. Their website shows the game on. Either I'm wrong, or they screwed up their graphic yesterday. I'm probably wrong.

Edit: Comcast just aired a commercial for the game tomorrow. I'm wrong.

Jerry_Manuel
03-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Hmm, weird. I thought the schedule shown during yesterday's broadcast of the Rockies game had Comcast not airing the game tomorrow. Their website shows the game on. Either I'm wrong, or they screwed up their graphic yesterday. I'm probably wrong.

Edit: Comcast just aired a commercial for the game tomorrow. I'm wrong.

I guess I'll just have to TIVO both the ESPN and Comcast feed to see what channel Stone is on. :D: