PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news: Prior has pain in elbow and has been shut down

CHISOXFAN13
03-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Irritation in the ulnar nerve, according to Bruce Levine.

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Uh-oh.

Clement's beard
03-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Per Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000. Ulner nerve acting up again.:?:

Unregistered
03-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Ha, this is ridiculous. The collapse continues.

I'm sure he's fine.

Palehose13
03-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Wow. Wood and Prior haivng problems again. I never could have imagined it! I don't wish any ill will on any player, even if they are cubs, but imaging the reaction from the lemmings is making me smirk a bit.

SOXintheBURGH
03-14-2005, 11:37 AM
:giangreco

:whiner: :whiner:

jdm2662
03-14-2005, 11:38 AM
You have to wonder if their problems have anything to do with Johnny B over using them in 2003.
________
VAPORMATIC VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/vapormatic-vaporizer.html)

JGarlandrules20
03-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Wow, that really sucks for Cub fans..

NSSoxFan
03-14-2005, 11:48 AM
The one thing that irks me about this situation is the fact that the fired trainer from last year spoke out about the conditioning of these players. On top of that, he questioned the methods of how they were brought back in order to play.

I hate to see any player get hurt, but it is the scrubbies. :smile:

Clembasbal
03-14-2005, 11:52 AM

Is there an article on this anywhere yet?

Hate to see any player get hurt, but this is bitter-sweet I must say. Once again, this gives Cub fans a reason for having a bad year. Excuses are starting to stock-pile.

Mickster
03-14-2005, 11:52 AM
2 down, 3 to go..... :tongue:

Foulke You
03-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Ah, this all but assures us of hearing "we would be World Champs if we only had Prior and Wood" for the 2nd year in a row! I tend to agree with jdm2662 that Baker helped burn up Wood and Prior in 2003 with those 130 pitch outings, however, Wood's biggest problem is his mechanics. He has very poor mechanics which is causing him to get hurt frequently and is too stubborn to change it. I just heard an interview this morning on the Score where the question was posed to Wood that maybe he should change his mechanics since he keeps getting hurt and he got very defensive and said basically that there was no way he was going to change the way he did things.:?:

It is going to be a long year for the Cubs IF Prior and Wood are out extended periods of time early in the year. They will run into the same problem they did last year where the Cards got out to an insurmountable lead in the division and they will have to play catch up. The Cubs will not have Matt Clement to lean on this year, and a rotation featuring Sergio Mitre and Ryan Dempster will not cut it in a division that has Clemens, Petite, Oswalt, Mulder, and Morris. Combine a lack of pitching depth in the rotation with a shaky, "closer-less" bullpen and an offense that is very much all or nothing and methinks the Cub fans should start downing a bit more of that Bartman spaghetti sauce.

Stroker Ace
03-14-2005, 12:00 PM
...And the walls came crumbling down.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-14-2005, 12:04 PM
This is just GREAT news for the Cubs. Because when Prior and Wood return...

SET UP MAN: http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_407578.jpg

......CLOSER: http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_134268.jpg

Rotation: Zambrano, Maddux, Rusch, Dempster, Mitre. Hmmm.... that's more like it :cool:

Flight #24
03-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Ah crap, here comes the "Prior watch" again......I worry because that's going to cut into available space for the ongoing "Frank watch".

TDog
03-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Pitching is such a fragile thing. If Wood and Prior go down or if they aren't healthy enough to be the pitchers they are expected to be (and everyone expects Wood to strike out 20 hitters a game because he did that once), how good is the pitching staff? If Maddux is at the end of his career and doesn't quite have it anymore. If Rusch's up-and-down career falls off from his latest crest, if hitters catch up to Zambrano. Two or three pitchers being off their game can put too much of the load on the others and affect their seasons. Even staffs from which experts expect great things can become mediocre is one or two things go wrong.

Every team has question marks.

Kogs35
03-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Ah crap, here comes the "Prior watch" again......

should that really be in teal :?:

Tekijawa
03-14-2005, 12:11 PM
What's The over-under on when Garciparra goes down now?

BigEdWalsh
03-14-2005, 12:12 PM
:woo-woo Wood and Prior? Woo!! They'll be back. Woo!
We're going to the World Series!! WOO! WOO!

DMarte708
03-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Great, another excuse to plaster the Sun-Times with SKY IS FALLING Mike Kiley articles.

Any word from the Tribune on how long Prior will be shut down?

I'm sure we'll all hear Hendry say "Nothing to be worried about," only to learn Prior won't pitch until May.

shoota
03-14-2005, 12:33 PM

I can't believe the Cubs blatantly lied again. Remember Rothschild saying there's no reason why Prior is not making his regular start, he just wants to watch his mechanics in a simulated game. --BS.

After all the lying they did last season about THIS SAME SUBJECT, they still continue to lie. If I were a Cubs fan, I'd be just as upset about being lied to as the injuries to my pitchers.

Clement's beard
03-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Jim Hendry: "It's minor, not a big deal. We feel that Mark and Kerry are better served by playing long toss in spring training. We feel long toss is a great way to get in game shape for the regular season".

IMO, Baker better get his resume ready. He ran both of those guys into the ground in 2003 and it's now catching up to them. That was MP's first full season for gods sake!

HebrewHammer
03-14-2005, 12:38 PM
What's The over-under on when Garciparra goes down now?

About 20 minutes from now.

I like the under.

shoota
03-14-2005, 12:42 PM
IMO, Baker better get his resume ready. He ran both of those guys into the ground in 2003 and it's now catching up to them. That was MP's first full season for gods sake!

Steve Stone on am 670 repeated a great point he originally made during a game he was calling. In the 2003 playoffs, Stone questioned why Prior was still pitching with a 10 run lead and 9 outs left in the game. Stone said if you can't trust your bullpen to hold a 10-run lead with 9 outs left to get, you won't go far in the playoffs anyway. Save some pitches on Prior's arm and relieve him with the bullpen.

I hate Bernstein's weak voice.

Tekijawa
03-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Link for those interested:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050314&content_id=966677&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

My Favorite quote:
I don't have a crystal ball. It's hard to speculate," O'Neal said of the perfect situation. "The best-case scenario is that in two or three days, he'd start playing catch and it's completely relieved and we move forward. That's just purely speculation."

Ahhhh how Magical a game of catch can be in healing elbow injuries!

DaveIsHere
03-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Just heard on the Score that Proir has an elbow issues now, his ulnar nerve. Steve Stone was saying that lsat year some people in the organization thought that he was "tough" enough....hehe

SOXSINCE'70
03-14-2005, 01:04 PM

It's times like these i'm glad to be a Sox fan.:D: :D: :D:

LET THE NORTH SIDE'S FAILURE CONTINUE!!

SOXSINCE'70
03-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Ahhhh how Magical a game of catch can be in healing elbow injuries!

Just ask "Kerry Woods"!!:D: :D: :D:

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 01:14 PM
It's times like these i'm glad to be a Sox fan.:D: :D: :D:

I've been snickering through this entire thread. This forum is a guilty pleasure. :redface:

daveeym
03-14-2005, 01:17 PM
I've been snickering through this entire thread. This forum is a guilty pleasure. :redface: You think this is a guilty pleasue, check out any cubs forum right now.

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 01:19 PM
You think this is a guilty pleasue, check out any cubs forum right now.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to one of those forums... one with lots of wailing and gnashing currently under way...? :redface:

*more snickering*

daveeym
03-14-2005, 01:21 PM
You wouldn't happen to have a link to one of those forums... one with lots of wailing and gnashing currently under way...? :redface:

*more snickering* I just went to the MLB forum linked from the cubs homepage. They want to dress prior and wood in dresses right now.

Irishsox1
03-14-2005, 01:23 PM
To quote the great Al Czervik from Caddyshack...."Oh my arm...it's broken!"

BigEdWalsh
03-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Don't be surprised if the Flubbies have a look see at Sang-Ho Moon.
:woo-woo Sang-Ho Woo!!

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 01:32 PM
I just went to the MLB forum linked from the cubs homepage. They want to dress prior and wood in dresses right now.

Thx. The screaming match between Fighting Illini and WavelandSeven in the "Prior Shut Down" thread is hilarious. :rolling:

gf2020
03-14-2005, 01:36 PM
All those baseball experts were right. We should never have signed El Duque. He is so unreliable and will obviously breakdown. Meanwhile, the Cubs clearly have the best rotation in baseball.

Jerko
03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
The thread is called "Prior shut down?" I would rename it "Passion of the Christ, recut".

shoota
03-14-2005, 01:42 PM
All those baseball experts were right. We should never have signed El Duque. He is so unreliable and will obviously breakdown. Meanwhile, the Cubs clearly have the best rotation in baseball.

:cool:

:gulp:

[Ali G voice]: Respect. [Ali G voice]

Jjav829
03-14-2005, 01:45 PM
I remember laughing and making fun of Cubs fans last year after the Wood/Prior injuries. Then Maggs and Frank went down. This year I think I'll save my comments and simply say, that's interesting...

HebrewHammer
03-14-2005, 01:50 PM
The thread is called "Prior shut down?" I would rename it "Passion of the Christ, recut".

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=141915.61

Enjoy!

Not had enough? Here's some more!

http://mb3.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=20975.topic

mdep524
03-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Rotation: Zambrano, Maddux, Rusch, Dempster, Mitre. Hmmm.... that's more like it :cool: World Series bound, baby!

shoota
03-14-2005, 01:53 PM
How do these injuries happen when each pitcher has had an entire offseason to rest? The Cubs said these are new injuries, different from last year's.

If a pitcher is injured at the start of ST, I would assume he'd have taken steps to heal/repair said injury at the end of the previous season. What am I overlooking or failing to see?

edit: If Prior missing time in 2005, does he have to wait another year before free agency?

Viva Medias B's
03-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Looking at the Cubs' MLB.com forum, they are reacting like Prior has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

DumpJerry
03-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Prior Watch Part II? Naw...this year, we will be treated to Cubs Watch as they fall down the toilet.............:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

rdivaldi
03-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I remember laughing and making fun of Cubs fans last year after the Wood/Prior injuries. Then Maggs and Frank went down. This year I think I'll save my comments and simply say, that's interesting...

I agree totally. Karma is a funny thing...

shoota
03-14-2005, 02:00 PM
I just went to the MLB forum linked from the cubs homepage. They want to dress prior and wood in dresses right now.

Someone at that board wrote: I see no one is mentioning steroids yet... I guess I'll be the first. Remember when Jack McDowell said that Prior looks like the poster child of a pitcher on steroids? I don't think he is... but I do admit, I am beginning to have some doubts.

hmm...

Hangar18
03-14-2005, 02:23 PM

the Baseball Gods ........have Spoken

FightingBillini
03-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Jjav is right. It's not a laughing matter. No matter how much of pricks Prior and Wood(s) are, I dont wish them injuries. If healthy, Prior would win 16-20, and Carrie would win 10-14. These injuries actually really piss me off. The Cubs are a third place team even if they have Prior and Wood at the top of the best rotation in baseball. They wouldn't sniff the playoffs with them, and they will be lucky to take third without them.

All this means is that we will have to hear another year of bitching Flub fans saying "We would have won it all if they were healthy". That will be made worse when the Sox are in the playoffs. I would bet that on any given day there will be as many articles in the Cubune and Scum Times on Prior's health or "what ifs" for the Cubs as there will covering the AL Central champs' run to the title. Don't forget another year of the Prior Watch. This is not a laughing matter. I wish both of these douchebags the best of health.

DaleJRFan
03-14-2005, 02:33 PM

personally, I think it stinks. As much as I hate the Cubs and their fans, I wanted the Cubs to go down in flames (great band, btw) with all players healthy, so we could point and laugh without getting excuses in return.

I guess we can start calling em all goofy names like Kerry "Balsa" Wood.

daveeym
03-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Jjav is right. It's not a laughing matter. No matter how much of pricks Prior and Wood(s) are, I dont wish them injuries. If healthy, Prior would win 16-20, and Carrie would win 10-14. These injuries actually really piss me off. The Cubs are a third place team even if they have Prior and Wood at the top of the best rotation in baseball. They wouldn't sniff the playoffs with them, and they will be lucky to take third without them.

All this means is that we will have to hear another year of bitching Flub fans saying "We would have won it all if they were healthy". That will be made worse when the Sox are in the playoffs. I would bet that on any given day there will be as many articles in the Cubune and Scum Times on Prior's health or "what ifs" for the Cubs as there will covering the AL Central champs' run to the title. Don't forget another year of the Prior Watch. This is not a laughing matter. I wish both of these douchebags the best of health. Uhm this would happen even if they weren't injured.

"Dusty killed us this year" "man global warming ****ed us this year changing the wind patterns" "The 2 beer per person and done by the 7th inning rule killed us, it kept everyone sober and quiet during 9th inning rally's."

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 02:41 PM

All this means is that we will have to hear another year of bitching Flub fans saying "We would have won it all if they were healthy". That will be made worse when the Sox are in the playoffs. I would bet that on any given day there will be as many articles in the Cubune and Scum Times on Prior's health or "what ifs" for the Cubs as there will covering the AL Central champs' run to the title. Don't forget another year of the Prior Watch. This is not a laughing matter. I wish both of these douchebags the best of health.

No one cheers for injuries. It's the reaction among the cub fans that is amusing. They truly act like they are cursed by the stars...spaghetti orders will skyrocket at lunchtime tomorrow.

voodoochile
03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Uhm this would happen even if they weren't injured.

"The 2 beer per person and done by the 7th inning rule killed us, it kept everyone sober and quiet during 9th inning rally's."

No no no... it forced the fans to leave early so they wouldn't dehydrate...:D:

kittle42
03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
I wish both of these douchebags the best of health.

Priceless quote.:)

voodoochile
03-14-2005, 02:56 PM

There...

Is....

No....

Such...

Thing...

Just...

Happens...:rolleyes:

mdep524
03-14-2005, 03:39 PM
Jjav is right. It's not a laughing matter. No matter how much of pricks Prior and Wood(s) are, I dont wish them injuries. If healthy, Prior would win 16-20, and Carrie would win 10-14. These injuries actually really piss me off. ... This is not a laughing matter. I wish both of these douchebags the best of health.
Sounds like someone has Prior and Wood on his fantasy team. :tongue: :)

rdivaldi
03-14-2005, 03:45 PM
There...

Is....

No....

Such...

Thing...

Just...

Happens...:rolleyes:

After what happened to us in 2001, I'd do just about anything (insert joke here) to keep our rotation off the DL.

FightingBillini
03-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Sounds like someone has Prior and Wood on his fantasy team. :tongue: :)

a) I dont play fantasy baseball
b) Im not that dumb

daveeym
03-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Man having finally read the article linked here and ESPN's article the combination of the cubs/prior's vehement denials that it's not a problem and the description given by prior and the docs, pain "back there" and "in the joint" would indicate to me that his bones are clicking at the back of the elbow and that he'll be sporting the same zipper as wood in a few months.

SoxSpeed22
03-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Irritation in the ulnar nerve, according to Bruce Levine.Since most of us, including me, aren't pre-med majors or doctors, here is a page that describes the ulnar nerve
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000789.htm
The injury must have to do with his elbow injury last year. If I am wrong can someone who knows somethin' about this correct me?

DrCrawdad
03-14-2005, 04:39 PM

I hear you. You won't see me celebrating Wood or Prior's injuries. I won't mind seeing their season go down the tube, but I won't laugh at the injuries. It's just not cool.

daveeym
03-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Since most of us, including me, aren't pre-med majors or doctors, here is a page that describes the ulnar nerve
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000789.htm
The injury must have to do with his elbow injury last year. If I am wrong can someone who knows somethin' about this correct me? The Ulnar Nerve is more commonly known as your funny bone. It's quite possible that his pain is not related to his injury last year, but having gone through tommy john surgery and multiple MRI's that did not show any damage it very well could be related. The panicky descriptions coming from prior and co. says to me he has a slowly deteriorating ligament and he's now feeling pain in the back of the elbow from his bones clicking together due to the ligament's deteriorating strength and support. It would feel completely different from any ligament pain and in a completely different spot than any "prior" pain he's felt before.

Hitmen77
03-14-2005, 04:51 PM

Get ready for the whining from Cub fans about their "curse" and how hard it is for them to be a mindless lemming, uh, er, i mean a diehard Cub fan.

I can't wait for Bill Corrgan's Cubbie Injury Report on WXRT this season!

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Thanks Prior...for proving the point that I tell sCrUB fans when I say Buehrle is better than either you or Carrie. To be a GOOD pitcher, you actually need to pitch...

Ol' No. 2
03-14-2005, 05:03 PM
The good news: They've located the remains of the ball and spaghetti and Cubs fans are already making reservations for another curse-breaking meal at Harry Carey's.:smile:

The bad news: It's brownies.:(:

Chisox003
03-14-2005, 05:09 PM
:hawk
"I Loooove watching the Cubs crumble"

:santo
"ZzZzZz" (Yet to recover from coma after hearing of Prior's injury)

patbooyah
03-14-2005, 06:24 PM
i also have problems with my ulner nerve. there is a little bit of bone that keeps the nerve in place, and if you hit your elbow hard enough or put enough stress on the elbow it can bust/break. then the nerve falls out of its groove occasionally. it can be extremely painful if you put too much stress on it. i'm not sure what his surgery last year was, but the ulner nerve is a trickly little bastard. you can have the groove rebuilt, and its not supposed to be a major issue- unless you are an MLB pitcher.

TommyJohn
03-14-2005, 06:33 PM

One of the reasons I never do that. Payback, as they say, is a bitch.

Another, of course, is that I simply don't believe in gloating over athletes being
hurt. Especially the Cubs. Why? Because now everyone will blame the curse,
the goat, the Bartman, the Tribune, God, the fates, Jupiter and everyone else.
Another is that it isn't a decent thing to do.

SoxSpeed22
03-14-2005, 06:51 PM
The good news: They've located the remains of the ball and spaghetti and Cubs fans are already making reservations for another curse-breaking meal at Harry Carey's.:smile:

The bad news: It's brownies.:(:It seems that the more they try, the worse things get. Things happen before the season instead of during the season.

TommyJohn
03-14-2005, 07:22 PM
the Baseball Gods ........have Spoken

I assume, then, if Jermaine Dye and El Duque go down, then the "Baseball Gods"
will have spoken to us?

Stroker Ace
03-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Just saw it on ESPN.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2012934 (http://http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2012934)

SOXPHILE
03-14-2005, 09:41 PM
:lynch&mcfail "There's nothing to see here, or anything to be concerned about. Please keep the line moving. Please move along, and remember, next week is Cub Fan Barbie Doll Day at BEAUTIFUL Wrigley Field".

:santo "Mumble mumble mumble...uhh..Pat, we got a fax here from Bertha Lipschitz, in Niles, and she says she just loves us and the Cubbies, and that I'm gonna win the home attendance game this year...huh ? What ? His funny bone hurts, and he's gonna miss a couple of starts ??!! Awe no, not again ! But this was going to be our year ! I just know it ! Uhhh....what ? My toupe's on fire ? Awe jeeeeez........."

pearso66
03-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Did anybody look at the "pitcher abuse points" link that was listed in one of the cub sites? if you didnt here is the link (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/current/pap2003.htm)

carrie woods and prior are listed 1 and 3, with Zambrano at I believe 20. While the top Sox pitchers, are Colon and Loaiza, lol and that includes the ones on the team now. Buehrle is pretty far down the list. and he is our top pitcher right now.

fquaye149
03-14-2005, 11:15 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050314cubsprior,1,7486303.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Is Prior the next Sosa

"We're talking about an elbow, we're talking about a matter of inches," Prior said. "It's a completely different area it's not the same thing. I know how you guys would love it to be the same thing."

:shammy
"Don't worry Mark. They did the same thing to Jesus. And me."

owensmouth
03-14-2005, 11:34 PM
In the spirit of intra city friendship, lets give them Contreras.

Viva Medias B's
03-14-2005, 11:41 PM
While I am sure that we as White Sox fans will not lose any sleep over the negative effect upon the Cubs of Prior and Wood being out, it is classless to celebrate their injuries. If I had my drothers, I'd rather see Rowand and Big Frank take a healthy Prior and Wood deep.

DrCrawdad
03-15-2005, 08:24 AM
From a man no one inside MLB seems to listen to, Mike Marshall.

http://www.mlbcenter.com/images/main/2003-01-03.gif
I hate to say I told you so...

"That elbow's going to go. The inside of [Mark Prior's] elbow has got to be hurting from all the force being put on it. That big loop (taking his arm behind his head) is going to snap his UCL."

"I do not doubt Mr. Hendry or the doctors. Unfortunately, neither understands the inappropriate forces that Mr. Prior applies that exceed the physiological limits of his pitching elbow. If he does not change how he applies force, then this discomfort will continue."

- Dr. Mike Marshall (Daily Herald 7/18/04)

Jerko
03-15-2005, 08:31 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050314cubsprior,1,7486303.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Is Prior the next Sosa

:shammy
"Don't worry Mark. They did the same thing to Jesus. And me."

I'm glad you pointed that out. Jesus III says that the reporters "wish it was the same injury"? How big of an ass would this guy be if everyone didn't suck him off (figuratively) every chance they get? This clown has been deified in this town and he still says a smart ass thing like that? One more thing. WHY is he so happy that "it's not the same injury"? I'd be more upset if I were him; now he has TWO sore areas in his elbow but that's ok since "it's not the same injury". Well, maybe if he quit playing golf with Dan Botox face Patrick (or whoever that was), his arm would feel better. I never openly wish injury on anyone, but if I hear a nice big "POP" come from down MESA way I can only dream. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Dan H
03-15-2005, 08:50 AM
I have a feeling these two will never become big winners despite all the talent. I don't wish ill will on anyone either, but I'm just waiting for the Cub fans whine. But what do you expect from dumb fans who sell out season in February.

TommyJohn
03-15-2005, 09:06 AM
From a man no one inside MLB seems to listen to, Mike Marshall.

http://www.mlbcenter.com/images/main/2003-01-03.gif
I hate to say I told you so...

It can't be all Prior's fault! It's the curse! It's Bartman, you fool! Don't you
read the papers? What's an ex-pitcher know about pitchers, anyway?

Viva Medias B's
03-15-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm glad you pointed that out. Jesus III says that the reporters "wish it was the same injury"? How big of an ass would this guy be if everyone didn't suck him off (figuratively) every chance they get? This clown has been deified in this town and he still says a smart ass thing like that?

Just imagine the media reaction if a Sox player said something like that.

slavko
03-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Don't I recall an earlier thread that mentioned a fantasy baseball site cautioning against taking Prior because of elbow problems? Did they know something? Anyway, this thread is making my day and the pix of Ronnie Woo are a source of constant delight. You guys are a riot.

DrCrawdad
03-17-2005, 11:51 PM
It's official, no Wood or Prior for the Cubbies open. And no schedule on Prior's return.

I saw on a Cubbie discussion group a few fans chastising anyone who dared to be suspect of the Cubbies medical reports and prognostications. Now those voices are silent.

DumpJerry
03-18-2005, 12:00 AM
It's official, no Wood or Prior for the Cubbies open. And no schedule on Prior's return.

I saw on a Cubbie discussion group a few fans chastising anyone who dared to be suspect of the Cubbies medical reports and prognostications. Now those voices are silent.
I think if you were to place a bet on who would play first in 2005, Frank Thomas or Mark Prior, you would win if you put the money on Frank. Prior's career is in the tank. He is a 24 year old with a 38 year old's elbow. When his contract is up, nobody (except maybe the Tigers) will offer a ton of money.

Balsa Wood is also looking at a tough road to convince someone he is worthy when his contract is up. I think both players will be calling Borasssss when the time comes.

Finally, if I were the person making decisions at the Flubs, I would decide (after deciding to move the team to Bangalore, India) to fire Baker. The knock on him in San Fran was that he kept pitchers in too long and he has done nothing to change that image. Now he has ruined the two best pitchers the Flubs has by pushing them too hard.