PDA

View Full Version : El Duque shows good form vs. Rox

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 09:33 AM
El Duque's numbers on Sunday vs. Colorado:
4 IP, 4 H, 4K, 0 ER

Nice. :thumbsup:

And what can you say about Borchard? 4 RBIs.

Garland looked good in a split game yesterday as well.

The season starts in three weeks! Is anyone else getting excited?!?! :bandance:

elrod
03-14-2005, 10:26 AM
El Duque was superb, to be honest. His curve ball showed great movement, his slider had bite and his eephus had batters totally stunned. Helton's first inning double was off a good pitch low and in. There were a handful of curveballs up - but mostly so high they were out of the strike zone. Overall, it was a great outing.

mikehuff
03-14-2005, 12:37 PM
No walks for Hernandez either. That's huge. I think Garland did the same thing through 5. Keep those walks off the board and this team is going somewhere.

Clembasbal
03-14-2005, 12:43 PM
No walks for Hernandez either. That's huge. I think Garland did the same thing through 5. Keep those walks off the board and this team is going somewhere.

I totally agree.

No longer do I see the Sox as a terrible fielding team either. Because of this, walks will not hurts us as much, but it is better to keep them off the bases, and pitchers that are not strikeout master's are good for our team also. We want teams to put the ball in play, our fielders will go out and get it.

Stroker Ace
03-14-2005, 12:58 PM
El Duque's numbers on Sunday vs. Colorado:
4 IP, 4 H, 4K, 0 ER

Nice. :thumbsup:

And what can you say about Borchard? 4 RBIs.

Garland looked good in a split game yesterday as well.

The season starts in three weeks! Is anyone else getting excited?!?! :bandance:

I can't wait for the season to begin.

wdelaney72
03-14-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's second (behind Buehrle) in wins for the Sox.

A lot of question about his health, but I think he's fine. Be sure to notice his post-season numbers... they're outstanding.

I love the signing.

DaleJRFan
03-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Anyone know where he falls in the rotation? #3?? I have tix for 4/7 and hopefully will get to see him pitch... looking forward to seeing the Eephis.

Ol' No. 2
03-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Anyone know where he falls in the rotation? #3?? I have tix for 4/7 and hopefully will get to see him pitch... looking forward to seeing the Eephis.Last I heard Ozzie wanted him to pitch in Minnesota because he's a good road pitcher.

Foulke You
03-14-2005, 03:17 PM
Last I heard Ozzie wanted him to pitch in Minnesota because he's a good road pitcher.

I heard the same thing. He is leaning towards El Duque being the number 4 starter because he pitches well against the Twins and in big games and we all know that every game against the Twins is a big one. Contreras will be the #3 and get to start the finale vs the Tribe.

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 03:20 PM
I heard the same thing. He is leaning towards El Duque being the number 4 starter because he pitches well against the Twins and in big games and we all know that every game against the Twins is a big one. Contreras will be the #3 and get to start the finale vs the Tribe.
Perfect. Here's hoping El Duque will stun the twinks and set the tone for a long, cruel season in Minny. :bandance: