PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Gooden arrested for domestic assault

Baby Fisk
03-14-2005, 07:47 AM
He allegedly punched his ex-wife in the face.

linky (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/03/13/gooden.arrested.ap/index.html)

SOXPHILE
03-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Not Him ! He was always such a fine, upstanding citizen all this time !

SpammySosa
03-14-2005, 10:37 PM
He allegedly punched his ex-wife in the face.

linky (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/03/13/gooden.arrested.ap/index.html)

Now it is Daryl Strawberry's turn to do something stupid.

tlebar318
03-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Gooden and Strawberry are a pathetic waste of space AND talent--Back in the mid 80's I could of sworn I was watching two future HOF'ers and look how it turned out--What a damn waste!

samram
03-15-2005, 06:17 PM
Are the authorities sure it wasn't Darryl Strawberry's wife's uncle?

NSSoxFan
03-15-2005, 06:38 PM
Gooden and Strawberry are a pathetic waste of space AND talent--Back in the mid 80's I could of sworn I was watching two future HOF'ers and look how it turned out--What a damn waste!

As much as Strawberry ruined his baseball career, he has cleaned up his life. I'm glad that he has, too bad Gooden hasn't figured it out yet.

PAPChiSox729
03-16-2005, 07:32 PM
As much as Strawberry ruined his baseball career, he has cleaned up his life. I'm glad that he has, too bad Gooden hasn't figured it out yet.

Kind of sad to see anyone have this many problems. We can only hope Gooden cleans up his act like Strawberry did.

mike squires
03-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Some folks never learn. I"m willing to bet Dwight had a rough childhood although I'm pretty sure he was close to his Mom. Something must have happened to him or just got with the wrong crowd. Pretty sad...

Infallible
03-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Actually Gooden wasn't nearly as bad as Strawberry was. Gooden had a good mom and dad that both took active parts in his life as a youngster. It wasn't until Gooden's late career with the Mets that he got into trouble. Strawberry was always in trouble and still remains so to this day. ESPN Classic just ran a special on these guys.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Some folks never learn. I"m willing to bet Dwight had a rough childhood although I'm pretty sure he was close to his Mom. Something must have happened to him or just got with the wrong crowd. Pretty sad...

He must be close with his mom, I understand he relates with women well.