PDA

View Full Version : El Duque, Garland fare well today

MRKARNO
03-13-2005, 11:04 PM
El Duque: 4 IP 0 ER 4 H 0 BB 4 K in the "A" game against the Rox
Garland: 5 IP 1 ER 6 H 0 BB 2 K in the "B" game, also against the Rox

This is really good to see from both of them. El Duque finally seems to be getting in rhythm. I didnt get a chance to view the outing on CSN, but from the way it sounds, he's approaching the level he was at last year, which is definitely a good thing. If the front 2 of Buehrle and Garcia can expand to a front 3 of Buehrle, Garcia and El Duque, we're in business.

Garland, on the other hand, also had a nice outing, although it was against inferior talent. 6 hits is a fair amount to give up but if you dont walk anyone, it's not that bad. It would be really nice if he could come out and post an ERA near 4 this year, but we'll have to see with him.

rdivaldi
03-14-2005, 12:10 AM
I've never been the biggest El Duque fan, but I was very impressed by how well he pitched today. His control and pitch selection was "on" and his velocity was pretty good, ranging from 85- 89 on his fastball. The Colorado hitters didn't seem to ever have a good read on him. After his peformance and Shingo in the 5th, I did feel a bit sorry for the young Rockies batters, they were just getting embarrassed out there flailing away at "frisbees" and "ephus" pitches.