PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Giambi Admits to Steroid Use

Fenway
03-13-2005, 04:08 PM
TUCSON, Ariz. (Sports Network) - Amid the steroid scandal that has dominated Major League Baseball and several of its marquee players of late, Jeremy Giambi became the first active player with significant time in the majors to admit publicly to taking the performance enhancing drug.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2005/03/13/report_jeremy_giambi_admits_to_steroid_use/

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
we better release his ass.

TommyJohn
03-13-2005, 04:46 PM
TUCSON, Ariz. (Sports Network) - Amid the steroid scandal that has dominated Major League Baseball and several of its marquee players of late, Jeremy Giambi became the first active player with significant time in the majors to admit publicly to taking the performance enhancing drug.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2005/03/13/report_jeremy_giambi_admits_to_steroid_use/

And the White Sox signed this doped up dope because....?

SOXintheBURGH
03-13-2005, 09:44 PM
And the White Sox signed this doped up dope because....?

:KW
You never know when we may need an Alomar...

A. Cavatica
03-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Even KW's usual rationalization ("we thought we were getting Jason") doesn't explain this one away.

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
03-14-2005, 12:30 AM
from buster olney's latest espn.com article

Chicago general manager Ken Williams said he thought Giambi tried to do the right thing.

"Obviously, it was something that he felt he needed to do," Williams said. "The easiest thing I think for everyone to do is to point the finger and say 'cheater' and any other derogatory comment that comes to mind."

Williams said Giambi's comments would not cost him a chance to play in the White Sox organization.

"As long as he is sincere in his thoughts that he has expressed, and as long as there isn't any reoccurrence of the steroid issue .... I don't have a problem with that," Williams said.

MHOUSE
03-16-2005, 02:04 AM
I was disappointed when this story broke on ESPN because they immediately mentioned that he was in the White Sox organization and had a headshot of him in a Sox cap. Our organization had avoided the steroid issue and press (unlike the Scrubs!) and now a guy has been on the team a week and he admits previous steroid use. Way to go Jeremy.