PDA

View Full Version : *Official* White Sox Teacher's nights offer! 75% off tix!

ewokpelts
03-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Sorry Guys....I'm all out of vouchers. Please dont send any more requests for vouchers.
Gene

SpammySosa
03-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks a lot,Gene for always sharing various discounts you come across.I would find a way to try and get to the Cell no matter what,but being on a somewhat limited budget,this helps tremendously.Thanks again! :bandance:

Rocklive99
03-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Oh man, you are so my favorite poster here! :bandance:

Are they Upper Deck reddemable only, or you were just saying how low a UD seat would cost?

Either way, unbelievable deal, THANKS!

ewokpelts
03-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh man, you are so my favorite poster here! :bandance:

Are they Upper Deck reddemable only, or you were just saying how low a UD seat would cost?

Either way, unbelievable deal, THANKS!lower box tix are $7.50, lower reserve are $6.50, upper box $4.50, and upper reserved $3.50.

I already picked up tix for the sham-me game, Row 6 in section 112. Some seats around that are going for $100 on ebay.
Gene

SOX ADDICT '73
03-13-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm all for Gene spreading the wealth with fellow WSIers, but as a teacher myself this thread has me a bit worried. I've been enjoying the teacher appreciation nights for a few years now, and they allow someone on a teacher's salary to take his family to a few games a year at an affordable price. I guess I'm just afraid that if the Sox get wind that this promotion is being abused in any way, they'll discontinue it. So, everybody feel free to partake of Gene's generosity, but let's keep this more or less "under the radar.":wink:

SpammySosa
03-13-2005, 02:20 PM
I've been enjoying the teacher appreciation nights for a few years now, and they allow someone on a teacher's salary to take his family to a few games a year at an affordable price.

While I know teachers are severely underpaid,trust me,they make more than I do.I am not whining,as I blame no one but myself for my lot in life. Why don't the Sox have "Dead-End Dayjob Appreciation Night for goofs like myself? Seriously,though I understand your concern and hope that this does not affect the team's teacher promotion.

Palehose13
03-13-2005, 04:05 PM
While I know teachers are severely underpaid,trust me,they make more than I do.I am not whining,as I blame no one but myself for my lot in life. Why don't the Sox have "Dead-End Dayjob Appreciation Night for goofs like myself? Seriously,though I understand your concern and hope that this does not affect the team's teacher promotion.

But do you have 35K out in student loans and only make a little more than that? :wink:

jabrch
03-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Why don't the Sox have "Dead-End Dayjob Appreciation Night for goofs like myself? Seriously,though I understand your concern and hope that this does not affect the team's teacher promotion.

They did last season. Didn't you come to Tuesday Night Fights at all?

Daver
03-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I guess I'm just afraid that if the Sox get wind that this promotion is being abused in any way, they'll discontinue it. So, everybody feel free to partake of Gene's generosity, but let's keep this more or less "under the radar.":wink:

It's a little late for that, it is well known that the Sox management reads this site.

SpammySosa
03-13-2005, 04:53 PM
But do you have 35K out in student loans and only make a little more than that? :wink:

I know you ask a rhetorical question(that makes an excellent point),but unfortunately my wife does have a hefty student loan we are paying on.The real kicker is she was a few credits short of finishing her degree when she quit college. :(:

SpammySosa
03-13-2005, 04:55 PM
They did last season. Didn't you come to Tuesday Night Fights at all?

LMAO!!! Good point.

ewokpelts
03-13-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm all for Gene spreading the wealth with fellow WSIers, but as a teacher myself this thread has me a bit worried. I've been enjoying the teacher appreciation nights for a few years now, and they allow someone on a teacher's salary to take his family to a few games a year at an affordable price. I guess I'm just afraid that if the Sox get wind that this promotion is being abused in any way, they'll discontinue it. So, everybody feel free to partake of Gene's generosity, but let's keep this more or less "under the radar.":wink:
my contact sed giving out the vouchers isnt a major offense in sox-land, as long as they are not sold.
Gene

:reinsy
Yeah, we wouldnt want anyone NOT named Jerry Reinsdorf getting the money...

mike squires
03-13-2005, 11:11 PM
my contact sed giving out the vouchers isnt a major offense in sox-land, as long as they are not sold.
Gene

:reinsy
Yeah, we wouldnt want anyone NOT named Jerry Reinsdorf getting the money...

my guess is they are hoping you hand them out. It puts rear end in seats that probably wouldn't be there...with concessins, souveniers...etc...it's money into their product.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Someone sent me 2, but that's all he had. I'll be sending a SASE your way in a few days for 2 of them so my sister and my mom can come with. I'd take more, but I can only make to the April 16th and the July 20th games because I don't get out of school until 4:15 PM and it's nearly a 100 mile drive to the Cell in rush hour traffic...

ewokpelts
03-13-2005, 11:27 PM
Someone sent me 2, but that's all he had. I'll be sending a SASE your way in a few days for 2 of them so my sister and my mom can come with. I'd take more, but I can only make to the April 16th and the July 20th games because I don't get out of school until 4:15 PM and it's nearly a 100 mile drive to the Cell in rush hour traffic...everyone gets 4....if you cant use em, pass them along.....also, the 4/16 game is a saturday
Gene

ewokpelts
03-13-2005, 11:28 PM
my guess is they are hoping you hand them out. It puts rear end in seats that probably wouldn't be there...with concessins, souveniers...etc...it's money into their product.at prices that low, people DEFINITELY spend thier "savings' on other stuff, especially on the dollar hot dogs
Gene

nut_stock
03-14-2005, 12:24 AM
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!, a letter is being put into the mail tomorrow.

Rocky Soprano
03-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Putting mine in today.

Thanks Gene!

Jaffar
03-14-2005, 12:10 PM
I just dropped mine in the mail. Thanks for the hookup.

southsidesoxfan1
03-14-2005, 02:36 PM
This is sweet. Thanks for lookin out. I'll be mailing out today.
:D:

Cellview22
03-14-2005, 07:45 PM
I already mailed mine out! Thanks a lot doing this for us!!

Fake Chet Lemon
03-14-2005, 11:26 PM

Agreed, someone always seems to ruin a good thing.

Rocklive99
03-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Agreed, someone always seems to ruin a good thing.

If he is being given this many, it is based on the assumption of them being used. I don't see a problem, just a very generous poster :bandance:

elrod
03-15-2005, 04:49 AM
Where is there any mention of teacher nights? My wife is an elementary school teacher and I'd love to take advantage of the discount. I didn't see anything about it on the Website.

ewokpelts
03-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Where is there any mention of teacher nights? My wife is an elementary school teacher and I'd love to take advantage of the discount. I didn't see anything about it on the Website.
clcik on grand slam groups link in the tickets section on www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com) , but i think the vouchers get sent to the individual schools....
Gene

jake27
03-15-2005, 01:51 PM
mines in the mail today :supernana:

ewokpelts
03-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Just got my first SASEs in the mail today. Mailbox was very full, thanks to the first 10 requests for cheap seats. Keep em coming!

Gene

ewokpelts
03-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Update:
One of the WSIers that sent me a SASE mentioned that on top of the savings she'll get through these vouchers, she ALSO saved $300 on the "friends and family" discount promotion.

Also, I have sunday half price Upper Deck coupons(entertainment book). If you want those, send me an sase, and mention what coupon you want.(offer is for up to 8 UDR tix at half price)

Gene

DuckSnort
03-15-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks again :-D I'll be sending mine out tomorrow!

StillMissOzzie
03-16-2005, 01:53 AM
My SASE is also on the way, Gene. Thanks!

SMO
:gulp:

ewokpelts
03-17-2005, 12:42 PM
keep those offers comin!
Gene

Cellview22
03-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Wow! Today's been a good day!

I got home from work, checked the mailbox and the vouchers were there. :bandance:

I can't believe it's only $7.50 for lower box (regular $30). This is sweeet!
Then I got to the front door and noticed the MLB box..inside was my new Navy Blue Sox hat I purchased last week...

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1629945reg.jpg

..Only 18 more days !

Rocky Soprano
03-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks Gene,

Got mine yesterday! :D:

minastirith67
03-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Gene,

Sending off my requests today!

southsidesoxfan1
03-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Open the mail box and there they were. Thanks Gene!!
I'll be heading to the box office this weekend to snag some good seats.:D:

CPditka
03-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Do you have to go to the box office to redeem them? Or can you use ticketmaster, im pretty far away from comiskey at the time.

StillMissOzzie
03-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Thanks, Gene! I had a good mail day, too - The 75% vouchers from Gene and my ST package from the Kane County Cougars both arrived today. Baseball is in the air!

SMO

DuckSnort
03-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Do you have to go to the box office to redeem them? Or can you use ticketmaster, im pretty far away from comiskey at the time.

I'm wondering the same thing, I'm not exactly close, and was wondering if I can pre-order tickets via the website or anything like that. anyone know?

SOX ADDICT '73
03-18-2005, 06:20 PM
No, as far as I know you can't use the website or Ticketmaster. If you can't make it to the box office (which really is the best option because you get to pick your exact seats :smile:), you can simply mail the filled-out coupons along with a SASE and a check for the proper number of tickets at the desired section price. You're at their mercy as far as seat placement, but I'm sure if you had a specific request (3B side vs 1B, closer to the field vs closer to the diamond) they would try to honor it. Even if that's your only option, it's still a tremendous deal.

ewokpelts
03-19-2005, 12:10 AM
No, as far as I know you can't use the website or Ticketmaster. If you can't make it to the box office (which really is the best option because you get to pick your exact seats :smile:), you can simply mail the filled-out coupons along with a SASE and a check for the proper number of tickets at the desired section price. You're at their mercy as far as seat placement, but I'm sure if you had a specific request (3B side vs 1B, closer to the field vs closer to the diamond) they would try to honor it. Even if that's your only option, it's still a tremendous deal.
only box office or mail in...no tm...
Gene

SpammySosa
03-19-2005, 02:59 PM
I received my vouchers yesterday.Thanks again,Gene, for your generosity! :D:

elrod
03-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Just sent you the SASE!

The Critic
03-22-2005, 09:28 AM
SASE on the way from me too, Gene!
Thanks in advance!!!

ewokpelts
03-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Hey everyone,
Still getting lots of offers. I'll have vouchers on Opening Day to pass out(will be tailgating that day). Also, on the first post, I added a PICKUP location. And fianlly, I'm puting more vouchers in every envelope. I've had no PMS about people getting hit with higher postage fees, so expect UP TO EIGHT vouchers per envelope. If you need more than 8, just include sufficient postage(about a buck's worth) in your envelope. I have oversized envelopes at my job that I can use.
Gene

p.s. still working on getting other dates for vouchers
p.p.s. Have half off for UDR on Sundays in April & May. If you want those, enclose a note asking for them.

Sufferin
03-24-2005, 11:43 AM
For the guy who's wife is a teacher,here's some info.

My wife is also an elementary school teacher so I wanted to check out this offer.

I did as Ewok said and went to the "Grand Slam Groups" section of WhiteSox.com: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/groups/gsg/april.jsp

They only listed one Teacher Night so I emailed josimmons@chisox.com asking for more details about the teacher nights. She responded 10 minutes later that I should send her my mailing address and they'd mail the vouchers to me.

Doesn't get much easier. I'm very impressed with the Sox ticket department.:D:

BTW. in case you didn't know, teachers also get into all museums downtown for free.

I want Mags back
03-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Gene

Got my in the mail today. Thanks again. What should I put where it says school, just any school in my area

ewokpelts
03-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Gene

Got my in the mail today. Thanks again. What should I put where it says school, just any school in my area
nothing...they sox dont care...unless you want to be on thier mailing list...
Gene

asboog
03-24-2005, 06:50 PM
This has been going on for a while is it still avalible? If it is I wanna get in on it.

bigfoot
03-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Many Thanks, Gene!

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Got my vouchers yesterday! Thanks!

ssviland
03-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Teachers' salary? How about a journalist's salary? My wife works at a school, and I have several friends who are teachers. I don't mean to discount the great and thankless job that teachers do, but most of the teachers in our district make more than our combined incomes, which is more than the per capita income in our area.

I know that this varies, but most teachers I now are well paid, and get summers off. All of us would like a better standard of living, but sometimes our perspective gets skewed when we are unaware of how the other half lives.

In a now-defunct publication my partner and I were doing research on incomes of school district employees after layoffs were announced in two separate districts. First, each district had administrators making $90-160K. Then, about 1/3 of the teachers were $50 and up. Another third were $30-50K. The last third were less than $30K, and these were the teachers getting the layoffs. As is typical, these unions offer the most protection to those who need it the least: those making the most money. Yet, they use those making the least to justify pay increases, which benefit those making the most.

No offense. Again, teachers are awesome. I just resent the complaints by many teachers of how low their incomes are when the average salary of a teacher (for 9 months) is more than the average per capita income (for 12 months) of the tax payers paying their salaries. I would not suggest that any worker does not deserve their earnings, but I don't like hearing the complaints, especially when my tax bill goes up to pay for pay increases when I make less than 80% of teachers, and my kids attend a low-cost Christian school - meaning I pay twice!

BigHurt359300
03-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the offer. We'll be sending in our envelope shortly. Go Sox!

I want Mags back
03-28-2005, 06:26 PM
nothing...they sox dont care...unless you want to be on thier mailing list...
Gene

Oh i got it. So i really dont need to fill all of them out, as long as they know my address etc.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Teachers' salary? How about a journalist's salary? My wife works at a school, and I have several friends who are teachers. I don't mean to discount the great and thankless job that teachers do, but most of the teachers in our district make more than our combined incomes, which is more than the per capita income in our area.
Well, I can't speak for other teachers who post here, and I know there are a number of districts that pay very well (western suburbs in particular, which might explain your opinion), but my situation is nowhere close to fitting your description. My wife and I are both teachers, she in a low-paying public elementary school, and I in a lower-paying Christian high school. We both have our Masters Degrees, which we obtained while teaching full-time and while still paying off our student loans (only four years to go, woo-hoo!) from our undergrad education.

I know that this varies, but most teachers I now are well paid, and get summers off. All of us would like a better standard of living, but sometimes our perspective gets skewed when we are unaware of how the other half lives.
Summers off? I have no idea what you mean. I haven't had a summer off since I was ten years old and started mowing lawns in my neighborhood. If I didn't take a summer job every year, we would starve. In fact, I know of only a handful of teachers at my school who are able to avoid having to supplement their income in June, July, and August.

No offense. Again, teachers are awesome. I just resent the complaints by many teachers of how low their incomes are when the average salary of a teacher (for 9 months) is more than the average per capita income (for 12 months) of the tax payers paying their salaries. I would not suggest that any worker does not deserve their earnings, but I don't like hearing the complaints, especially when my tax bill goes up to pay for pay increases when I make less than 80% of teachers, and my kids attend a low-cost Christian school - meaning I pay twice!
I don't want this thread to end up in the ****house for getting political, but I will also mention that my wife and brother both teach in districts that have a referendum coming up April 5. My wife is tenured, so her job is safe, though her class size will almost certainly increase if the referendum fails. My brother, on the other hand, will very likely be one of thirty-nine teachers looking for work if his district's referendum is voted down. It's likely that your taxes are going up more to save jobs and enrichment programs and to keep class sizes manageable than to simply increase salaries. Do your kids have a better chance of a quality education in a classroom of 25 students or 30-35 students?

I'm not playing on anyone's sympathies. All three of us certainly knew what the teaching job market and pay scale were like when we got into this profession. I believe that everyone's job is a "calling," and I feel I was called to teach, and at my school in particular (I could easily double my salary by switching to a public high school). You are entitled to your opinion, ssviland, and I'm glad you support Christian education, but you'll also understand that I get a bit tweaked when listening to people (my blowhard father-in-law among them) who think teachers are overpaid.

jake27
03-28-2005, 10:33 PM
if we want some of the 1/2 off upper deck seats we can just mail you another envelope right?

SpammySosa
03-28-2005, 10:45 PM
if we want some of the 1/2 off upper deck seats we can just mail you another envelope right?

I have some of these too if anyone wants them.

ewokpelts
03-29-2005, 10:59 AM
just add a note saying you want one...it'll fit
Gene

skobabe8
04-07-2005, 08:51 PM
just add a note saying you want one...it'll fit
Gene

I just sent you a SASE today, Gene. I hope I can still get in on it! Thanks a million! :D:

StillMissOzzie
04-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Gene, I went to the ballpark today to use the 75% off voucher to be part of the Welcome Back to Chicago, Sammy committee on May 12. Only had UD, but I've got 4 in the 8th row of Section 520 for the princely sum of $14. Thanks again!

SMO

Sleep520
04-08-2005, 04:00 PM
4/16 - Seattle 1:05 start

Elite Sportscards and Comics
2028 W Montrose
Chicago, Il 60618
773-784-1396

(a block off Damen and montrose)

Dumb question.

About how far from DePaul and is it train accessible. Thanks in advance.

ewokpelts
04-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Dumb question.

About how far from DePaul and is it train accessible. Thanks in advance. take the brown line(i'm assuming you're by the fullerton station) to montrose....walk 3 blocks west.
Gene

gosox3072
04-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Would i be able to pick up a few of those vouchers next saturday before 4/16 game? If so what time can i come and who do i ask for?

ewokpelts
04-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Would i be able to pick up a few of those vouchers next saturday before 4/16 game? If so what time can i come and who do i ask for?just stop by and ask for some....the owner has them in the front of the store....there are PLENTY of vouchers......
Gene

CubKiller5
04-11-2005, 01:20 PM
So if I go here ... to the Damen & Montrose address I can get all the vouchers I want for those games listed?

Are there other games available at that address or just the ones you listed?
Do you have to show a school id or something or are these generic vouchers?

I'm not a big fan of the UDR so are there tickets available in the outfield seats?

Rocklive99
04-11-2005, 02:07 PM
So if I go here ... to the Damen & Montrose address I can get all the vouchers I want for those games listed?

Are there other games available at that address or just the ones you listed?
Do you have to show a school id or something or are these generic vouchers?

I'm not a big fan of the UDR so are there tickets available in the outfield seats?

One voucher is good for any of the 4 games, they're all listed on the voucher. They're blue. Thanks so much again Gene!

Gene, I went to the ballpark today to use the 75% off voucher to be part of the Welcome Back to Chicago, Sammy committee on May 12. Only had UD, but I've got 4 in the 8th row of Section 520 for the princely sum of $14. Thanks again!

SMO

I went yesterday and got Row 6 in the lower deck for that game :redface: I guess they released more or something? (I'm guessing that's what happened cause I had been checking for a while on TM and not a lot of seats were available either)

CubKiller5
04-11-2005, 03:04 PM
One voucher is good for any of the 4 games, they're all listed on the voucher. They're blue. Thanks so much again Gene!

I went yesterday and got Row 6 in the lower deck for that game :redface: I guess they released more or something? (I'm guessing that's what happened cause I had been checking for a while on TM and not a lot of seats were available either)

:redface: I didn't put voucher together with having to go to US Cell to get the real tickets. Is that the only way? No ticket master passcode or anything?

ewokpelts
04-11-2005, 05:05 PM
:redface: I didn't put voucher together with having to go to US Cell to get the real tickets. Is that the only way? No ticket master passcode or anything?mail-in, or go to cell...
Gene

Magglios_Girl
04-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Do we have to show any type of school ID?

ewokpelts
04-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Do we have to show any type of school ID?
i'm not a student.....or a teacher....dosent matter....no id needed
Gene

ChiSoxRowand
04-12-2005, 12:58 PM
How do you get these vouchers? Do you email the Sox? My parents are teachers so I was wondering.

ewokpelts
04-12-2005, 01:14 PM
How do you get these vouchers? Do you email the Sox? My parents are teachers so I was wondering.
cant say(dont want my contact to get in trouble). I'd suggest your parents talk thier bosses at thier school and find out why they didnt get any. Apparently, a lot of teachers dont even know about this.
Gene

SOX ADDICT '73
04-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Have one of your parents call the Sox box office, and ask to speak to the person handling the "LaSalle Bank Teacher Appreciation" promotion (his name escapes me). Generally, they will send as many vouchers as you request. Although I did have some sent to my home after the school year was over last summer, right now they will likely want a school address to mail the vouchers. Be sure to ask for as many as you think you'll use over the course of the season (as Gene already said, the vouchers are good for all four games listed).

CubKiller5
04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Have one of your parents call the Sox box office, and ask to speak to the person handling the "LaSalle Bank Teacher Appreciation" promotion (his name escapes me). Generally, they will send as many vouchers as you request. Although I did have some sent to my home after the school year was over last summer, right now they will likely want a school address to mail the vouchers. Be sure to ask for as many as you think you'll use over the course of the season (as Gene already said, the vouchers are good for all four games listed).

So if you or someone you know works at a school that should be enough?

elrod
04-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Does it have to be a Chicago Public School? My wife teaches at a private school in Evanston. Can her school get the vouchers?

ChiSoxRowand
04-12-2005, 04:10 PM

Do they need something to prove they are a teacher?

SOX ADDICT '73
04-12-2005, 05:32 PM
So if you or someone you know works at a school that should be enough?
Yep.

Does it have to be a Chicago Public School? My wife teaches at a private school in Evanston. Can her school get the vouchers?
Nope. Yep.

Do they need something to prove they are a teacher?
Well, technically no, but as I said in the above post, they prefer to mail these to a school address whenever possible. I guess that's to cut down on people misrepresenting themselves as teachers to take advantage of the promotion. I'm giving Gene the benefit of the doubt and assuming his "anonymous contact" is a teacher who gets these vouchers legitimately, or someone within the Sox organization. When I've had extras, I've certainly helped out a few friends by distributing them (though not on the grand scale that Gene has acheived!).

At first, this thread had me concerned, but I've come down from the ledge after a few of you convinced me that what the Sox really want to do is fill the seats. People always spend more on churros, Polish sausages, and beer than they do on their game tickets anyway. So, Gene, more power to you for helping out our fellow WSIers! :thumbsup:

elrod
04-12-2005, 08:38 PM
Is there a limit to how many vouchers you can use per game? I assume it's one ticket per voucher. Can I use six vouchers for six tickets for Saturday's game?

ewokpelts
04-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Is there a limit to how many vouchers you can use per game? I assume it's one ticket per voucher. Can I use six vouchers for six tickets for Saturday's game?up to 19 per game......same max number on regular price tix
Gene

TimChamp
04-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Is there a limit to how many vouchers you can use per game? I assume it's one ticket per voucher. Can I use six vouchers for six tickets for Saturday's game?

I used six tickets (thanks to Gene) for Saturday's game. I will be sitting in section 146 row 19, I believe...

--Champ out

CubKiller5
04-13-2005, 12:02 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/groups/gsg/april.jsp
More than just teacher nights. Any one here know the AON ticket passcode?
There are several other passcodes as well (Library nights, police & fire nights, japanese-american night, etc). Let's try to get them all!

I'm going to e-mail the guy listed on the site & ask about the passcodes.

I want Mags back
04-13-2005, 12:06 PM

SMO

I just got sec 100 row 12 yesterday with mine. Can't wait

ewokpelts
04-13-2005, 12:29 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/groups/gsg/april.jsp
More than just teacher nights. Any one here know the AON ticket passcode?
There are several other passcodes as well (Library nights, police & fire nights, japanese-american night, etc). Let's try to get them all!

I'm going to e-mail the guy listed on the site & ask about the passcodes.aon night code is......drumroll please.....AON

Gene

Magglios_Girl
04-13-2005, 05:17 PM
aon night code is......drumroll please.....AON

Gene
You rock, Gene!!! :Rocker:

irish rover
04-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I got mine today, thanks

Magglios_Girl
04-13-2005, 05:37 PM
The postal employee night code is....PEN...haha it's funny how they make the codes so obvious.

CHIsoxNation
04-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow this is awesome. Thanks a lot everyone. My grandma works at the Orland Park library and told me they were having a Librarian Appretiation night and they get discounted tickets. I have the form at home, so if I can find out any information to help everyone out I sure will.

ewokpelts
04-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Wow this is awesome. Thanks a lot everyone. My grandma works at the Orland Park library and told me they were having a Librarian Appretiation night and they get discounted tickets. I have the form at home, so if I can find out any information to help everyone out I sure will.can you make a pdf of the sheet?
Gene

mweflen
04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Gene,

Just sent my SASE today. Thanks a million!

ewokpelts
04-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Gene,

Just sent my SASE today. Thanks a million! I cant gurantee that you'll get the vouchers by saturday's game. But I'll try.(if you're in the city, it take about a day to get mail intra-city.....two or more days if outside the metro area)
Gene

mweflen
04-13-2005, 07:56 PM
I cant gurantee that you'll get the vouchers by saturday's game. But I'll try.(if you're in the city, it take about a day to get mail intra-city.....two or more days if outside the metro area)
Gene

no rush my man, i was going to get september tix with the vouchers - i've already filled my april/may needs with mondays and the family/friends promotion you so kindly posted previously.

MarkZ35
04-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Is it too late to send you my SASE for the vouchers, because I can't pass up tickets at that price.

mweflen
04-14-2005, 02:22 PM
online codes can be found here, if it doesn't become a sticky.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48164

ewokpelts
04-15-2005, 12:51 PM
If anyone needs vouchers for tomorrow's game, and didnt mail out a request form, pm me today BEFORE 5PM. I can leave vouchers for you at will call.

Gene

FoulkeFan
04-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi Gene!

I got my vouchers in the mail today. Thanks again! Now I'll definitely be at the game tomorrow:)

Magglios_Girl
04-15-2005, 03:49 PM
I got my vouchers in the mail today. Thanks again! Now I'll definitely be at the game tomorrow:)
I did too...THANKS AGAIN GENE!!! :D:

>>So we DON'T have to fill out the back?

ewokpelts
04-15-2005, 04:24 PM
I did too...THANKS AGAIN GENE!!! :D:

>>So we DON'T have to fill out the back?
you dont have to...

ewokpelts
04-16-2005, 07:32 PM
went to the game today...passed out 200-300 vouchers....people seem to like cheap sox ticket...
Gene

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks again ewokpelts. Had a hell of a time today! :smile:

Magglios_Girl
04-17-2005, 10:57 AM
went to the game today...passed out 200-300 vouchers....people seem to like cheap sox ticket...
Gene

were you the guy with the 80's throwback jersey/hat?

ewokpelts
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
were you the guy with the 80's throwback jersey/hat?no....that was a guy i work with...i was already out of vouchers by the time he passed some out...
Gene

ewokpelts
04-18-2005, 12:49 PM
HI!

Just a reminder. If you need vouchers maile dto you....please send an SASE to MY address. If you are on the northside and picking up vouchers at the card store, please try and take alook at some of sox cards on sale. You dont have to buy anything, but the owner let me know quite a few people walked in, grabed vouchers, and left right away. He's doing this as a courtesy to me.
Gene

p.s. I'm glad they we were able to help attendance for saturdays game. I want to get a sellout for the Orioles/Sham game.

Frater Perdurabo
04-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Any chance I could get some vouchers for games in late July or early August, when I plan to be in Chicago?

:tomatoaward

A.T. Money
04-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I have a bunch of vouchers too. PM me if you want any!

Sleep520
04-20-2005, 12:30 AM
HI!

Just a reminder. If you need vouchers maile dto you....please send an SASE to MY address. If you are on the northside and picking up vouchers at the card store, please try and take alook at some of sox cards on sale. You dont have to buy anything, but the owner let me know quite a few people walked in, grabed vouchers, and left right away. He's doing this as a courtesy to me.
Gene

p.s. I'm glad they we were able to help attendance for saturdays game. I want to get a sellout for the Orioles/Sham game.

The guy was real nice. We talked about 15 minutes about DePaul basketball and a little bit of baseball...

ewokpelts
04-20-2005, 04:54 PM
sorry guys! all out of vouchers! mods, please unsticky or delete this thread....

Gene

biff
04-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Gene,

Wanted to thank you for the coupons! I appreciate you sharing.

Thanks again!

biff

A.T. Money
04-21-2005, 05:23 PM
I still have some if anyone is interested.

mweflen
04-21-2005, 05:39 PM
are the vouchers still available at the north side card/comic store?

SOXCrazed
04-22-2005, 11:34 AM
we shld let this voucher secret hidden from others. If SOX realizes we are abusing this, they may discontinue the promotions.
:dtroll:

GiveMeSox
04-25-2005, 02:17 PM
How long after you mail your vouchers and money away do you get them back. Its been two weeks for me and I have got nothing, in fact the check i sent hasn't even been deposited yet. ?????

Magglios_Girl
04-25-2005, 05:32 PM
How long after you mail your vouchers and money away do you get them back. Its been two weeks for me and I have got nothing, in fact the check i sent hasn't even been deposited yet. ?????

:?: Did you ever get my last e-mail ewokpelts?

ewokpelts
04-25-2005, 06:40 PM
yes...we exchANGED pms:?: Did you ever get my last e-mail ewokpelts?

GiveMeSox
04-26-2005, 05:24 PM
Did anyone else recieve not the tickets they requested. I requested 8 tickets to the may 12th game against the orioles, lower deck seats, and got in the mail today 8 tickets to the July, 20 game against the tigers. ***!!!!! Either someone royally screwed up here or something is wrong with the ticket people. Lets say even if the lower deck box seats are sold out, then give me bleacher seats, or club seats, or Upper deck seats which aren't sold out. Chirst what is going on here I am steaming right now with anger!!!:angry:

ewokpelts
04-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Did anyone else recieve not the tickets they requested. I requested 8 tickets to the may 12th game against the orioles, lower deck seats, and got in the mail today 8 tickets to the July, 20 game against the tigers. ***!!!!! Either someone royally screwed up here or something is wrong with the ticket people. Lets say even if the lower deck box seats are sold out, then give me bleacher seats, or club seats, or Upper deck seats which aren't sold out. Chirst what is going on here I am steaming right now with anger!!!:angry:
call the ticket office at 312-674-1000
Gene

GiveMeSox
04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
call the ticket office at 312-674-1000
Gene

I did left a message with Kurt!!

GiveMeSox
04-27-2005, 01:22 AM
I did left a message with Kurt!!

So Kurt called me back, I cant beleive the response i got. I totally didn't believe in the horror stories many have told about the sox ticket dept but its true. They sent me tickets to the tigers games instead of orioles like requested and he said thats becuase the lower deck is sold out. Which i find hard to beleive. So instead of contacting me or giving me UD seats for the O's game they just decicde to cash my check and send me tigers tickerts instead. Honestly, great customer service shown by the sox. So i was told I can mail my tickets back in with another self addresed stamped envelope and little post it note explaining what happened and recieve UD tickets to the game i requested. ANd I will recieve the difference in price back in comiskey cash. YAY!!

ewokpelts
04-27-2005, 12:39 PM
So Kurt called me back, I cant beleive the response i got. I totally didn't believe in the horror stories many have told about the sox ticket dept but its true. They sent me tickets to the tigers games instead of orioles like requested and he said thats becuase the lower deck is sold out. Which i find hard to beleive. So instead of contacting me or giving me UD seats for the O's game they just decicde to cash my check and send me tigers tickerts instead. Honestly, great customer service shown by the sox. So i was told I can mail my tickets back in with another self addresed stamped envelope and little post it note explaining what happened and recieve UD tickets to the game i requested. ANd I will recieve the difference in price back in comiskey cash. YAY!!
Well, the UD is sold out(thanks to shammy haters and the teachers vouchers)....at least he's trying to fix teh problem(although they should have given you ud tickets in the first place).
Gene

JoseCanseco6969
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, the UD is sold out(thanks to shammy haters and the teachers vouchers)....at least he's trying to fix teh problem(although they should have given you ud tickets in the first place).
Gene

I just checked ticketmaster and they have UD tickets left. Row 9 in upper box. Also, they have pretty decent LD tix left for the thurs game as well.

ewokpelts
04-27-2005, 12:54 PM
I just checked ticketmaster and they have UD tickets left. Row 9 in upper box. Also, they have pretty decent LD tix left for the thurs game as well. when buying upper deck tickets, buy udr instead of ud box...i'd rather be in row 0ne of a udr section than row 23 of ud box
gene

jabrch
05-04-2005, 12:15 AM
we shld let this voucher secret hidden from others. If SOX realizes we are abusing this, they may discontinue the promotions.
:dtroll:

If the park is packed, and people are eating and drinking, and they enjoy themselves enough to come back on non-75% off nights, this promotion was worth it's weight in gold.

If 80% of the redeemed vouchers are WSIers, who'd go to games anyhow, then Gene did us all a favor.

Win/Win for WSI!

JoseCanseco6969
05-07-2005, 08:43 PM
If the park is packed, and people are eating and drinking, and they enjoy themselves enough to come back on non-75% off nights, this promotion was worth it's weight in gold.

If 80% of the redeemed vouchers are WSIers, who'd go to games anyhow, then Gene did us all a favor.

Win/Win for WSI!

Well i got 8 tix in LR for thursdays game and 5 of the people im taking so far...never go to games at all. So maybe theyll have a good time and want to go back. Thanks again Gene!

SouthSideHitman
05-08-2005, 01:15 AM
I know that it's late, but does anyone have any vouchers left? I wanna treat my mom to a game before I'm gone doing prom things for the rest of the weekend. Many thanks.

ChiSoxRowand
05-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Can you order tickets online with the vouchers? If so, how?

SpammySosa
05-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Can you order tickets online with the vouchers? If so, how?

Nope.Just via mail or at the box office.

patbooyah
05-09-2005, 03:10 PM
say one had a girlfriend who was a teacher. how would said teacher get said vouchers?

SOX ADDICT '73
05-09-2005, 03:22 PM
say one had a girlfriend who was a teacher. how would said teacher get said vouchers?
All she'd have to do is call the Sox box office, ask for Anthony Wade (who's in charge of the promotion), and tell him how many vouchers she wants. That is, if they're still available.

He'll most likely ask for the address of the school where she works. I think the Sox try to send the vouchers directly to the schools whenever possible, to avoid people misrepresenting themselves as teachers. But as long as she's in school for a few more weeks, they should arrive in plenty of time.

SoxRox
05-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Gene,

Do you have any of those Sunday UD 1/2 off (entertainment book)coupons left? I have some family coming in from out of town on Labor day weekend and I thought we might all go to the Sox/Tigers game on that Sunday if your generous offer was still available.

- T. "SoxRox"

ewokpelts
05-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Gene,

Do you have any of those Sunday UD 1/2 off (entertainment book)coupons left? I have some family coming in from out of town on Labor day weekend and I thought we might all go to the Sox/Tigers game on that Sunday if your generous offer was still available.

- T. "SoxRox"coupon is for april/may only
Gene

SoxRox
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Okay. Thanks anyway, Gene.

GO SOX!

TimChamp
07-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey, I have some extra Teacher's Night coupons left over that I will not be able to use. So if anyone wants them, just PM me.

--Champ out