PDA

View Full Version : Cubs submit plan for plastic netting

SomebodyToldMe
03-12-2005, 07:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-cubs-wrigleyfield-concrete&prov=ap&type=lgns

I guess it's gonna take someone to die for them to actually consider closing that dump down.

zach074
03-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Why don't they just do what there supposed to and fix it?:?:

Clembasbal
03-12-2005, 07:47 PM

I thought the same thing when I saw this story on channel 5. They get away with everything in this town.

SOXSINCE'70
03-12-2005, 09:45 PM
I guess it's gonna take someone to die for them to actually consider closing that dump down.

No.You know they'll blame it on the Sox.God hates the North Side
Crybaby Bears!!!!WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

SOXSINCE'70
03-12-2005, 09:48 PM

C'mon!!That would be far too easy.:redneck :redneck :redneck

P.S.-There are two versions of the word there.Since the one
you used is a contraction of the words "they are",you spell
the word T-H-E-Y' R-E.:o:

Just an FYI.:D: :D:

Ol' No. 2
03-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Why don't they just do what there supposed to and fix it?:?:I don't think they can. Concrete doesn't last forever. It's probably at the end of its useful life. If you think things are silly now, wait until they finally do have to close that place down. The wailing will be unbearable.

Stroker Ace
03-12-2005, 11:39 PM
Why is this dump still open?

cubhater
03-13-2005, 05:58 AM
I don't think they can. Concrete doesn't last forever. It's probably at the end of its useful life. If you think things are silly now, wait until they finally do have to close that place down. The wailing will be unbearable.

I'm going to have a big laugh when the only things left standing at the Urninal are the new parking garage and expanded bleachers.:cool:

Dan H
03-13-2005, 08:35 AM
This just shows what a Disneyland Wrigley Field and the Cubs have turned into. It is bad enough they scalp tickets, fight with the neighborhood and put a bad team on the field. Now fans have to take their lives into hands when they go to a game. Yet Cub fans don't care. They sell out the place before the season starts and then watch their team choke. Maybe it will take someone to die before the team and their idiot fans finally wake up.

The Racehorse
03-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Plastic netting a solution? Talk about waiting for someone to get crushed in the melon by a hunk of concrete. :?:

Brian26
03-13-2005, 11:06 AM
P.S.-There are two versions of the word there.

Actually there are three versions: there, their, and they're. :D:

Brian26
03-13-2005, 11:10 AM

As someone already said, fixing it now (fixing it the right way) means tearing the place down and reconstructing it. Unfortunately, the Cubs have turned their heads to this oncoming problem for years. While teams like the White Sox and Tigers were dealing with these problems by building new stadiums, the Cubs have chosen to continue to live in a dreamland. I guess avoiding the problem for so long is going to make it that much more complicated when the **** hits the fan (or fans, pun intended).

bigfoot
03-13-2005, 11:20 AM
The Urinal......considered to be the last "brick s*** house" in the National League?

Sales of "Flub Logo" hardhats are on the rise.

Just another marketing ploy, by the CubuneCo.

voodoochile
03-13-2005, 11:37 AM
I don't think they can. Concrete doesn't last forever. It's probably at the end of its useful life. If you think things are silly now, wait until they finally do have to close that place down. The wailing will be unbearable.

I think you may be right. It has to be a very tough place to do major overhaul in also because the place gets used too regularly to do it during the warmer months and doing that work between October and March in Chicago would be a MAJOR PITA.

I wonder what they will do. I know the Trib wants to reuse the site. The Flubbies might have to work out a deal to play in USCF for a season or two while they tear it down and rebuild it. I am sure they will find a way to save the brick OF walls, ivy, bleachers and wooden scoreboard and just rebuild the main seating area, or even just tear down the UD and rebuild it if they can. I'm not an engineer and I won't even start to speculate if that is even possible, but whatever the final solution, look for the new ballpark to sit right where the old one currently is.

SOXSINCE'70
03-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Actually there are three versions: there, their, and they're. :D:

I stand corrected.

Ol' No. 2
03-13-2005, 12:06 PM
I think you may be right. It has to be a very tough place to do major overhaul in also because the place gets used too regularly to do it during the warmer months and doing that work between October and March in Chicago would be a MAJOR PITA.

I wonder what they will do. I know the Trib wants to reuse the site. The Flubbies might have to work out a deal to play in USCF for a season or two while they tear it down and rebuild it. I am sure they will find a way to save the brick OF walls, ivy, bleachers and wooden scoreboard and just rebuild the main seating area, or even just tear down the UD and rebuild it if they can. I'm not an engineer and I won't even start to speculate if that is even possible, but whatever the final solution, look for the new ballpark to sit right where the old one currently is.The last time I was there (2003) I couldn't see a square foot of concrete anywhere that didn't have cracks in it. I expect they will wind up doing a Yankees-style rebuild, i.e. keep the outer shell and rebuild the whole interior. They'll keep the scoreboard and assorted bits and pieces, I'm sure.

FightingBillini
03-13-2005, 02:18 PM

I wonder what they will do. I know the Trib wants to reuse the site. The Flubbies might have to work out a deal to play in USCF for a season or two while they tear it down and rebuild it. I am sure they will find a way to save the brick OF walls, ivy, bleachers and wooden scoreboard and just rebuild the main seating area, or even just tear down the UD and rebuild it if they can. I'm not an engineer and I won't even start to speculate if that is even possible, but whatever the final solution, look for the new ballpark to sit right where the old one currently is.

I only hope JR takes them to the cleaners and gets something like half of all ticket sales for Flub games.
:reinsy
"What does it matter? It's not like I would spend it on payroll, anyway!"

PatK
03-14-2005, 10:47 AM
The last time I was there (2003) I couldn't see a square foot of concrete anywhere that didn't have cracks in it. I expect they will wind up doing a Yankees-style rebuild, i.e. keep the outer shell and rebuild the whole interior. They'll keep the scoreboard and assorted bits and pieces, I'm sure.

I would think that the shell is pretty much toast as well.

eriqjaffe
03-14-2005, 10:56 AM
The last time I was there (2003) I couldn't see a square foot of concrete anywhere that didn't have cracks in it. I expect they will wind up doing a Yankees-style rebuild, i.e. keep the outer shell and rebuild the whole interior. They'll keep the scoreboard and assorted bits and pieces, I'm sure.I wonder how steep the rebuilt upper deck will be.

Jerko
03-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Nice of Randy Moss to let the Cubs use his hair-net for the cause of safety.

Ol' No. 2
03-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I would think that the shell is pretty much toast as well.But as long as the shell is not supporting any structures, it's less critical. They just need to keep it from falling down on unsuspecting passers-by.:(:

MisterB
03-14-2005, 11:17 AM

Since the Schaumburg Flyers' park is patterned after Wrigley, maybe they can pay to temporarily expand the seating and play there for a couple of seasons.

Tekijawa
03-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Even with the Plastic Garbage bags holding back the deadly falling concrete chunks, it's still the most beautiful park in baseball!

eriqjaffe
03-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Falling concrete won't be a problem until it lands in somebody's beer!

shoota
03-14-2005, 12:14 PM
A I guess avoiding the problem for so long is going to make it that much more complicated when the **** hits the fan (or fans, pun intended).

:)

shoota
03-14-2005, 12:21 PM
I guess avoiding the problem for so long is going to make it that much more complicated when the **** hits the fan (or fans, pun intended).

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/6210.jpg

I thought I was the ****. I've been kicking fans since last season.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Here's a prediction you can take to the bank. The falling concrete problem will be the Cubune's excuse for wanting the entire upper deck sheared off the Urinal and a whole new set of 2-3 concourses added... bigger seats, wider aisles, and lots and lots of luxury suites that will pay off the entire construction costs.

The Urinal doesn't look anything like what it did back in the 10's or 20's or even most of the 30's. All this retro nostalgia is just a lot of bull**** invented by the Cubune and their hired shills, most notably Harry Caray.

Flubs fans are so stupid, 99 percent of them don't even care. They'll believe the Cubune's line of nostalgic bull**** even as the contradictory evidence is being built onto their Shrine to Losing Baseball.

:lynch&mcfail
"Cubs fans, who are you going to believe? Lynch and me or your lying eyes?"

WhiteSoxFan84
03-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I can't wait for opening day at wrigley!

wouldn't it be nuts if myself or some other sox fan went to a game at wrigley, and like a little chip fell, it looked painful but it really wasnt, and we just sued the crap out of them? you KNOW youd have the mayor on your side. all those previous incidents would also help out a ton. hmmm....

if that happens to me, God forbid it's anything serious at all, i promise to donate at least $1,000 to WSI!!!

DumpJerry
03-14-2005, 03:29 PM
This talk of having the Flubs play at Comiskey if they shut down the Urinal has me worried. If the area becomes flooded with Flub fans, will a rise in violent crime follow?

Fake Chet Lemon
03-17-2005, 11:37 PM

What I would pay to launch the FIRST wrecking ball. Sorry kids, daddy cashed in your college funds........but here are some bricks.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Flubs fans are so stupid, 99 percent of them don't even care. They'll believe the Cubune's line of nostalgic bull**** even as the contradictory evidence is being built onto their Shrine to Losing Baseball.

Case in point. After the cork incident, in polls taken the following week the MAJORITY of Cub fans BELIEVED his batting practice bat story! CLUELESS, even though they all try to act now like they never believed it at the time.