PDA

View Full Version : i was at today's game vs. A's...

DoggPhood
03-12-2005, 07:10 PM
the oakland fans gave pierzynski a really, really, really hard time. booing and calling him a bum and everything. and then in his third at bat he hit a home run that hit the oaklandathletics.com sign in right center field. it was awesome. the a's fans fell silent and all the sox fans gave a loud cheer. when he came around home plate, he pointed to some fans behind the net.

i like this guy.

santo=dorf
03-12-2005, 07:15 PM
No "Boo Yeah!!!" after the homer? :(: :whiner:

Clembasbal
03-12-2005, 07:46 PM
the oakland fans gave pierzynski a really, really, really hard time. booing and calling him a bum and everything. and then in his third at bat he hit a home run that hit the oaklandathletics.com sign in right center field. it was awesome. the a's fans fell silent and all the sox fans gave a loud cheer. when he came around home plate, he pointed to some fans behind the net.

i like this guy.

I was at a game one time when he was on the Twins. WE sat behind home plate (3rd row) next to their on deck circle. We talked all sorts of crap to him...then he hit a bomb.

He shut us up quick.

tadscout
03-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I was at a game one time when he was on the Twins. WE sat behind home plate (3rd row) next to their on deck circle. We talked all sorts of crap to him...then he hit a bomb.

He shut us up quick.

Sounds like we just need to have opponent fans trash talking to him all the time... look at the results...:D::rolleyes:

PAPChiSox729
03-12-2005, 08:37 PM

i like this guy.

I am starting to like this guy too. He brings a fire to this team that was sorely needed.

jabrch
03-12-2005, 08:47 PM
We know he can hit. I hope he can play defense. He was a steal for the price we got him for. That's another reason why the Carlos Lee trade just had to happen.

wsoxfan
03-12-2005, 09:08 PM
I was at the game today too and it was nice to see AJ make the Oakland fans quiet. Carl Everett also looked pretty solid again today. On a side note I got Iguchi's autograph :smile: before the game and before me and my friend left the game today we got Billy Bean's autograph too...

SpammySosa
03-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I was at the game today too and it was nice to see AJ make the Oakland fans quiet. Carl Everett also looked pretty solid again today. On a side note I got Iguchi's autograph :smile: before the game and before me and my friend left the game today we got Billy Bean's autograph too...

Did Iguchi sign in English or Japanese? I have his signature and all he put was his last name(in English).When I got Shingo's he just put,"Shingo T."(Also in English.) From what I read,it is not uncommon for the Japanese players to sign just their first or last name. Congrats by the way-sounds like you had a lot of fun! :bandance:

wsoxfan
03-12-2005, 11:02 PM
yeah it was a good time, my friend next to me also caught a foul ball as well during the game. Iguchi signed the baseball in English, he just signed "Iguchii" and the #15 under it. On another side note, last year during spring training me and a couple friends went to a Flubs game and i was just saying random things to the bullpen guys like Farnsworth, no profanity or anything derogitory, and out of nowhere LaTroy Hawkins starts yelling at us and asks me if I was gonna be a "playa hater my whole life" and other assorted stupid things. I laughed at him and said a couple comments back as I was leaving but this year we plan on going back for round 2....:smile:

Chrisaway
03-13-2005, 01:03 AM
I cant wait to see this guy play for us. I hope he really is the big jerk everyone is making him out to be (on the field). He'll be our Jack Parkman.

zach074
03-13-2005, 10:17 AM
I cant wait to see this guy play for us. I hope he really is the big jerk everyone is making him out to be (on the field). He'll be our Jack Parkman.

But Jack Parkman strikes out in the end.

ewokpelts
03-13-2005, 12:02 PM

He shut us up quick.
i usually follow up incidents like that with "you still suck!"
Gene