PDA

View Full Version : Maggs Plays Today

Steelrod
03-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Maggs is finally playing his first game today he says he is 200%.
HOWEVER, the are DHing him, limiting him to 2-3 at bats, and saying not to expect much because he is nervous! Must have his own press team to cover any and all occurances.
I would like to think that if he felt half as good as he says,(only 100%) he would be playing the field on this, the 11th of March.
Would love to be a fly on the wall!

Tekijawa
03-11-2005, 08:47 AM
With the Venezuelan exchange rate 200% comes out to be about 25% US.

Fredsox
03-11-2005, 08:48 AM
I wish the guy luck except against the Sox. It didn't work out, it's over with. We took the money we would've paid him and we beefed up out pitching staff and handed out a few raises. Time to focus on the season!

spawn
03-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I wish the guy luck except against the Sox. It didn't work out, it's over with. We took the money we would've paid him and we beefed up out pitching staff and handed out a few raises. Time to focus on the season!
Agreed. Maggs should no longer be an issue for us until we play the Tiggers. The Maggs era and saga is over in my eyes, and we should be moving on to an exciting season of White Sox baseball!

Irishsox1
03-11-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm very tired of hearing about Magglio. The guy turned down every White Sox offer, even after he got hurt. He wanted out and he got his wish. Players come and go and the White Sox got the best years out of Magglio. Everyone should move on, especially Magglio. For a guy that never said much in 7 years, he sure has a big mouth now.

Palehose Pete
03-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Everyone should move on, especially Magglio. For a guy that never said much in 7 years, he sure has a big mouth now.

HA! Very good point. If Maggs keeps shooting off his mouth, he's going to turn into another former White Sox right fielder who has also moved on from Chicago.

doublem23
03-11-2005, 10:26 AM
With the Venezuelan exchange rate 200% comes out to be about 25% US.

:)

Epark84
03-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Everyone should move on, especially Magglio. For a guy that never said much in 7 years, he sure has a big mouth now.

HA! Very good point. If Maggs keeps shooting off his mouth, he's going to turn into another former White Sox right fielder who has also moved on from Chicago.

Im pissed at maggs too, but im not gonna lump him in with that steroid popping assclown

DrCrawdad
03-11-2005, 11:08 AM
To you Maggs:

Are you a man now you wear a man's hat?
Are you a man now or are you a rat?
You go to church quiet as a mouse
You're a big cheese now in the workhouse
With these vulgar fractions of the treble clef
I wish you luck with a capital 'F'
A self-made mug is hard to break
A silent partner in someone else's mistake
- Love Gone Mad, by Elvis Costello

SouthSide_HitMen
03-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Magglio went yard against Kevin Brown today in Spring Training.

His deal with the Tigers was for too long and too much $, but it is going to hurt watching Mags on another team doing what Mags usually does - hit the snot out of the ball and contribute to winning. Being in the division makes it worse.

Tekijawa
03-11-2005, 02:36 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050311&content_id=964437&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

2 run homer in his second at bat! not bad for a guy who's only feeling 200%

MUsoxfan
03-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Another one of these threads.....

Look, Magglio doesn't play for us and I'm glad he doesn't. That giant contract that he didn't sign helped get several key components of this team. PLEASE don't make a thread about Magglio every time he has a HR or an RBI. Be more excited about a Dye HR or RBI more than being upset at a Magglio HR. Live in the now

SouthSide_HitMen
03-11-2005, 02:42 PM
PLEASE don't make a thread about Magglio every time he has a HR or an RBI.

This is his first game back - I am sure most Sox fans are interested - whether they still like him or not.

I said the deal was too long for too much $ - that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt he is not here.

If you are looking for Dye to perform up to Maglio standards, you'll be sorely disappointed.

spawn
03-11-2005, 02:50 PM

His deal with the Tigers was for too long and too much $, but it is going to hurt watching Mags on another team doing what Mags usually does - hit the snot out of the ball and contribute to winning. Being in the division makes it worse.

:whocares

kittle42
03-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Chicago headlines:

"Magglio Hits Homer in First ST Game with Tigers"

"Sammy hits Homer in First ST Game with Orioles"

My response: Who gives two craps about the Tigers and Orioles?

Jjav829
03-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Oh no!!! Now the Tigers are going to take first place even with Jason Johnson as their Opening Day starter!!!!!!

DrCrawdad
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM

Question, is Kevin Brown represented by Boras?

skobabe8
03-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Interesting conspiracy theory!! :redneck

Stroker Ace
03-11-2005, 06:15 PM
DHing in a ST game with2-3 at bats. He must be 100%

RKMeibalane
03-11-2005, 07:44 PM

Yes, he is. I'm waiting to hear PHG's analysis of this circus.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Yes, he is. I'm waiting to hear PHG's analysis of this circus.

Actually looking for conspiracies really isn't my specialty. I'm waiting to hear Hangar's analysis.

:wink:

PAPChiSox729
03-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Chicago headlines:

"Magglio Hits Homer in First ST Game with Tigers"

"Sammy hits Homer in First ST Game with Orioles"

My response: Who gives two craps about the Tigers and Orioles?

Exactely!! The Orioles and Tigers are not local teams. Who cares how they are doing? The only time I want to hear about the Tigers and Orioles are when we beat them.

Soxzilla
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Actually looking for conspiracies really isn't my specialty. I'm waiting to hear Hangar's analysis.

:wink:

Bust out the tin-foil hats!:redneck