PDA

View Full Version : Wood flew back to Chicago for tests

mccombe_35
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
The day after leaving the game before the 3rd inning because of "tightness in his shoulder"

Bruce Levine
ESPN Radio

Jjav829
03-10-2005, 01:47 PM
No big deal. I hear the tests are only being done on his pinky toe because he jammed it walking into a coffee table last night. Nothing major. The tests aren't for his shoulder, right guys?

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/wls/wls_60603_cubs_Hendry.jpghttp://www.kronishsports.com/images/Dusty%20Baker.jpg
"We couldn't have said it any better if we tried."

mccombe_35
03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
No big deal. I hear the tests are only being done on his pinky toe because he jammed it walking into a coffee table last night. Nothing major. The tests aren't for his shoulder, right guys?

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/wls/wls_60603_cubs_Hendry.jpghttp://www.kronishsports.com/images/Dusty%20Baker.jpg
"We couldn't have said it any better if we tried."

lol
wasn't the report yesterday that Wood will not have an MRI? Today he comes back to Chicago for an MRI......

Jerko
03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Maybe his shoulder just never recovered from smashing Scammy's boombox last year.

Palehose13
03-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Maybe his shoulder just never recovered from smashing Scammy's boombox last year.
:roflmao:

Baby Fisk
03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Uh-oh.

:sahaf
"There is absolutely nothing wrong with Mark Prior, praise Dusty! [aside] What? Who? Uh..."

*scrambling to put his speaking points in order*

"uh...(ahem) Yes! Uh...I will to make a statement shortly! You won't want to miss the rapture! Remain in your seats!"

Tekijawa
03-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Prior watch and Wood Watch... Does anyone have the number to get a Tribune Subscription?

HebrewHammer
03-10-2005, 02:37 PM
I'm sure this is precautionary.

DrCrawdad
03-10-2005, 03:06 PM
As I said yesterday...

I'll believe the Cubbie report on Wood's shoulder when he's pitching on Monday, against the Sox. - DrCrawdad yesterday. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=620935&postcount=39)

Risk
03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
As I said yesterday...

Good call Doc.

Risk

Foulke You
03-10-2005, 03:19 PM
Prior watch and Wood Watch... Does anyone have the number to get a Tribune Subscription?

There won't be room in the Tribune sports section for the Wood watch because there will be so much coverage and focus on the "Frank Thomas Watch".

StillMissOzzie
03-10-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm shocked...SHOCKED, I tell you, especially as truthful and forthcoming as the sCrUBS medical staff was in reporting on last year's injuries.

SMO
:gulp:

Vsahajpal
03-10-2005, 04:47 PM
As I said yesterday...

The report is this:

"[The MRI] showed a little bursitis in the back of his shoulder, some mild inflammation along some of the cuff muscles but nothing significant," O'Neal said Thursday. "Today, he woke up this morning and we wanted to let Dr. Gryzlo look at him as well with the results of the MRI. That way we can set a plan for him from this day forward.....

"The inflammation that he has -- the word that he used to Dr. Adams and myself is that it felt tight," O'Neal said. "You have fluid built up, and the bursa is a little inflamed and that's going to reproduce the 'tightness' feelings. The MRI for me and for Dr. Adams and Dr. Gryzlo correlated with the exam he gave us [Wednesday] afternoon."

Baker said he'll likely miss 1-2 starts.

Randar68
03-10-2005, 05:01 PM
The report is this:

"[The MRI] showed a little bursitis in the back of his shoulder, some mild inflammation along some of the cuff muscles but nothing significant," O'Neal said Thursday. "Today, he woke up this morning and we wanted to let Dr. Gryzlo look at him as well with the results of the MRI. That way we can set a plan for him from this day forward.....

"The inflammation that he has -- the word that he used to Dr. Adams and myself is that it felt tight," O'Neal said. "You have fluid built up, and the bursa is a little inflamed and that's going to reproduce the 'tightness' feelings. The MRI for me and for Dr. Adams and Dr. Gryzlo correlated with the exam he gave us [Wednesday] afternoon."

Thanks, VS, For the Cubs' sake, they need him healthy...

What's your thoughts on the new line-up? They needed to add contact and OBP and they added Hairston and Burnitz? I guess that confused me quite a bit, but I'm curious what you thought...

Palehose13
03-10-2005, 05:04 PM
The report is this:

Do cub fans still believe the prognosis that comes from the cubs camp after all the crap from last year?

Vsahajpal
03-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Thanks, VS, For the Cubs' sake, they need him healthy...

What's your thoughts on the new line-up? They needed to add contact and OBP and they added Hairston and Burnitz? I guess that confused me quite a bit, but I'm curious what you thought...

I don't know what the lineup is. I don't like Patterson leading off, Dusty does. He says Hollandsworth will start, I think Dubois should. And he'll likely jerk around with Todd Walker again. I would have liked Hairston leading off (playing left), followed by Walker, Nomar, Ramirez, Lee, Patterson, Dubois, and Barrett. But Dusty has other ideas. He likes the grizzle.

Vsahajpal
03-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Do cub fans still believe the prognosis that comes from the cubs camp after all the crap from last year?

As Crawdad says, show me don't tell me. Prior's situation was much different though, it'd have been better if they kept quiet.

ja1022
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Unfreakinbelievable. That guy is always hurt. I'll bet that Prior and "Balsa" Wood don't pitch 250 innings this season combined.

DrCrawdad
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
As Crawdad says, show me don't tell me. Prior's situation was much different though, it'd have been better if they kept quiet.

Obviously, injuries and predicting when a player will return is not exact. That said, the track record on the Cubs is that they've put out so much wrong, and probably deliberately misleading, information that people should be skeptical of what they say.

Even at this point with what they've said about Wood, I'll believe it when I see him pitching in his normal spot in the rotation.

I don't celebrate the injury of Wood. But if Wood is a question mark then that's really bad news for them.

soxfan26
03-10-2005, 05:43 PM
As I said yesterday...

As I said in January...

If Prior and Wood combine for 65 starts this season, I'll buy you a case of beer.

I know my beer is safe! :gulp:

veeter
03-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Wood hasn't even started a real work load yet. If he comes back from this he will re-injure himself for sure. The Cubs should cut ties with "kid" K. Heck he's not even that good when he's healthy.

PatK
03-11-2005, 02:33 PM
He's not that good? When was the last time a Sox pitcher came close to having a 14 win season?