PDA

View Full Version : First Round of Cuts Made

crazyozzie02
03-09-2005, 06:24 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050309&content_id=962554&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Heres the link. They sent about 5 people to minor leauge camp, including Jorge Toca who I was taking a pretty nice liking to. He might have not done so well but i can see that kid coming up eventually in his career, but thats just my opinion. Also here is my traditional question to you: When do you think Ryan Sweeny and Brian Anderson are going to get cut. They had a nice game today against the Pads.

MUsoxfan
03-09-2005, 06:27 PM
When do you think Ryan Sweeny and Brian Anderson are going to get cut. They had a nice game today against the Pads.

Probably on the last cutdown day. They probably want to get those guys as much good experience and as many good looks in ST so they know what to expect when it's time for a midseason call-up

Jjav829
03-09-2005, 06:29 PM
You gotta be kidding me. Jorge Toca was our key to this year! He was the heart and soul of this team and was poised to carry the team on his back. We're done without him.:(: :D:

PAPChiSox729
03-09-2005, 08:24 PM
And this concludes the Tony Alvarez experiment.

JB98
03-09-2005, 08:25 PM
You gotta be kidding me. Jorge Toca was our key to this year! He was the heart and soul of this team and was poised to carry the team on his back. We're done without him.:(: :D:

I can remember when Toca was signed. We actually had some people on this board up in arms because his acquisition was supposedly an insult to Ross Gload.