PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle's interview very promising......

Jurr
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM
On the game today, Buehrle was interviewed, and he was saying some great things about this team. The thing that I really loved hearing him say was that the players for once are all buying into the team concept, and he has not EVER seen the guys all over the roster coming in so early to work. He says the guys are totally focused on their work, and they're all working extra on bunting, fielding, and all of the things that it takes to win. He was very impressed with the team so far this spring.

jabrch
03-09-2005, 05:49 PM
On the game today, Buehrle was interviewed, and he was saying some great things about this team. The thing that I really loved hearing him say was that the players for once are all buying into the team concept, and he has not EVER seen the guys all over the roster coming in so early to work. He says the guys are totally focused on their work, and they're all working extra on bunting, fielding, and all of the things that it takes to win. He was very impressed with the team so far this spring.

Any chance he is interested in approaching KW about a long term deal? I'd hate to see him end up leaving us some day soon to go to Saint Louis...

MIgrenade
03-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Great news, hopefully it pays off and these don't under acheive.

PAPChiSox729
03-09-2005, 05:51 PM
:gulp: Here's to Buehrle's 2005 Cy Young Campaign :gulp:

rdivaldi
03-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Any chance he is interested in approaching KW about a long term deal? I'd hate to see him end up leaving us some day soon to go to Saint Louis...

I think it would be rare to sign a guy for an even longer term contract when he's already guaranteed to be under contract until the end of the 2007 season (depending on whether or not the Sox use his option year).

Ol' No. 2
03-09-2005, 05:53 PM
On the game today, Buehrle was interviewed, and he was saying some great things about this team. The thing that I really loved hearing him say was that the players for once are all buying into the team concept, and he has not EVER seen the guys all over the roster coming in so early to work. He says the guys are totally focused on their work, and they're all working extra on bunting, fielding, and all of the things that it takes to win. He was very impressed with the team so far this spring.Gawd, I wish the season would start already.

Jurr
03-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Gawd, I wish the season would start already.
Amen, brother. But, it is nice to get home from the clinic and hear the Hawkeroo talking to ballplayers in between calls. I don't care if it's in Arizona in March.

jake27
03-09-2005, 06:01 PM
i loved when hawk asked him how he kept in shape in the off season and his answer.. he got engaged :cool:

southsidegirl
03-09-2005, 07:08 PM
i loved when hawk asked him how he kept in shape in the off season and his answer.. he got engaged :cool:
Yeah, and I only have until December to convince him to marry me instead...

I liked that interview. My band director always says, "Garbage in, garbage out." Hopefully it works vice-versa too.

zach074
03-09-2005, 07:37 PM
Yeah, and I only have until December to convince him to marry me instead...

Good luck with that.:tongue:

Jurr
03-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Oh...by the way...he pitched flawlessly today in an environment where it's tough to pitch effectively.

Whitesox029
03-09-2005, 10:39 PM
And on top of all that Jurr...he was wearing a SOX HAT!!!

:rolleyes:

mike squires
03-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Watching the game today it occured to me that I had watched a game at that park in 2000. My wife and I left from the airport with our rental and had decided to catch a game between two teams we didn't care about...but we got turned around and ended up at another ballpark just in time to see the Sox play the Padres. Only in March during Spring training can that happen!!!

TomParrish79
03-10-2005, 12:46 AM
I'd hate to see him end up leaving us some day soon to go to Saint Louis...

I dread the day that happens, Buehrle is my favorite player.