PDA

View Full Version : The Black Hole is Aiming at the White Sox!

Spicoli
03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Beware White Sox fans, the sympathy drivel for teams long awaiting championships is now spreading towards the White Sox. Here is a quote from Jim Caple's article on ESPN:

And why not? Spring training is the best time of the year that doesn't involve a big, fat man in a red suit (or at least, not since John Kruk left the Phillies). Everyone was in such a happy mood Tuesday that even the White Sox fans were optimistic about the coming season and they haven't won the World Series since 1917.

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/050309

Frankfan4life
03-09-2005, 04:53 PM
:D: I loved the comment by the Sox fan.

I want Mags back
03-09-2005, 05:01 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/schedule/broadcasters/hawk.jpg I LOVE RECOGNITION

Spicoli
03-09-2005, 06:49 PM
I just don't want to become the next Red Sox/Cubs team of hopefuls...no curses, no lovable losers. The White Sox are a blue collar team that aims at earning their wins on their hard work and merit. No pity parties or sympathies wanted.

batmanZoSo
03-09-2005, 07:07 PM
I just don't want to become the next Red Sox/Cubs team of hopefuls...no curses, no lovable losers. The White Sox are a blue collar team that aims at earning their wins on their hard work and merit. No pity parties or sympathies wanted.

At least we get recognition this way. I'm tired of no one mentioning us. This doesn't mean we embrace anything, but it's high time we get the loyalty credit we deserve like those other two teams do (or did in Boston's case). We may be second longest in waiting, but no fans have had it worse than us. Hats off to us all.

zach074
03-09-2005, 07:10 PM

If becoming the next team of hopefuls wins us a World Series I am all for it.

SouthBendSox
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
one more time, its the continued Flub-if-i-cation of the Sox

and I dont like it one bit:angry:

TommyJohn
03-10-2005, 08:36 AM
I personally liked it better when those idiots were ignoring us. Now that attention is being paid all we get is sneering, condescending crap.
Get lost, I say.

Baby Fisk
03-10-2005, 08:54 AM
I personally liked it better when those idiots were ignoring us. Now that attention is being paid all we get is sneering, condescending crap.
Get lost, I say.
It's like it's killing them that the Sox and Sox fans refuse to dance to the Black Sox tune. It is virtually impossible to use "cuddly" and "White Sox" as complimentary words in the same sentence. Let it stay that way.

Palehose13
03-10-2005, 09:12 AM
one more time, its the continuedFlub-if-i-cation of the Sox

and I dont like it one bit:angry:

I didn't see any evidence of that in this article. The author merely stated the fact that the Sox haven't won the WS since 1917. No mention of curses or Black Sox, just that the fans and players are hopeful.

Baby Fisk
03-10-2005, 09:17 AM
No mention of curses or Black Sox, just that the fans and players are hopeful.

Booooooring! :cool:

fquaye149
03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
No mention of Black Sox

i guess billy corgan (:angry:) wasn't available for comment

Spicoli
03-10-2005, 09:36 AM
I didn't see any evidence of that in this article. The author merely stated the fact that the Sox haven't won the WS since 1917. No mention of curses or Black Sox, just that the fans and players are hopeful.

It starts slowly, then spreads... Last year, the White Sox weren't mentioned here--the Red Sox and/or Flubs were. If the White Sox don't win it in the next couple of years, they will be in every pre-season article in this same light, though to make the story intersting once again and all over, they will increase the hyperbole and the "human element". That is, the fans will be the tragic hopefuls...yada yada yada...You know how this storyline goes.

Palehose13
03-10-2005, 10:24 AM
It starts slowly, then spreads... Last year, the White Sox weren't mentioned here--the Red Sox and/or Flubs were. If the White Sox don't win it in the next couple of years, they will be in every pre-season article in this same light, though to make the story intersting once again and all over, they will increase the hyperbole and the "human element". That is, the fans will be the tragic hopefuls...yada yada yada...You know how this storyline goes.

Wow. That's some insight. Were you on the phone last night?

:cleo

"Call me now!"

MIgrenade
03-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I think we should have drafted this Einstein character. I think he has what it takes.

crazyozzie02
03-10-2005, 10:42 AM
This is exactly what i didnt want. To be in the same boat as the SRcubs as far as the media portrays us now is horible. I our own little world is being invaded by the media monster. There is only one way to stop this invasion:

TO WIN A WORLD SERIES TITLE.......

MeanFish
03-10-2005, 01:43 PM
I doubt we will be painted in the same light entirely as Cubs fans, even with the curse talk. The media KNOWS we want to win, that we demand to win. We don't talk about goats or blame fans for our losses. Nope. Not our team. At least our "curse" revolves around an actual significant event in baseball history, instead of a stupid goat. The Cubs of the 1990s will go down characterized by a steroid induced, homerun hitting jerk of a player. The White Sox of the same era will be characterized by one of the great steroid-free players of the decade, one who was a great example for future generations of players. No, I don't think we are in danger of being the Cubs at all.

It's not the curse talk that will define this fanbase, but instead how we fans handle it. If we run around acting like we're entitled to something like Cubs or BoSox fans then we become the very thing we hate. If we continue to just be strong and hope for the best then I honestly don't see what's wrong with that.

We wanted media exposure, now we've got it. For better or worse.

rwcescato
03-10-2005, 01:51 PM
It's like it's killing them that the Sox and Sox fans refuse to dance to the Black Sox tune. It is virtually impossible to use "cuddly" and "White Sox" as complimentary words in the same sentence. Let it stay that way.

I agree 100%. Its nice that do acknowledge our existence.
Rich

Spicoli
03-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow. That's some insight. Were you on the phone last night?

:cleo

"Call me now!"

How refreshing, an ad hominem attack...pure genius.

SouthBendSox
03-10-2005, 10:48 PM

agreed...

thats really true

this will be horrible

Stroker Ace
03-11-2005, 02:26 AM
I hope the Sox don't become "loveable losers" like the Rox Sox were and the flubs are

Bucky F. Dent
03-11-2005, 07:04 AM
OH God. Someone's got to put an end to this garbage ASAP!

We're here to win a championship not rectify some past wrong.

There are no goats in our closet!!!!

Frankfan4life
03-13-2005, 01:12 PM
At least we get recognition this way. I'm tired of no one mentioning us. This doesn't mean we embrace anything, but it's high time we get the loyalty credit we deserve like those other two teams do (or did in Boston's case). We may be second longest in waiting, but no fans have had it worse than us. Hats off to us all.Very well said. Boston was never the most long-suffering team in terms of post season futility. Most Sox fans would be happy if they could even remember when the Sox were in the WS. This just proves the power of the media. They can take any team they want and create a Cinderella story about them. I say if the media wants to spin the Sox, then it's about time!

FightingBillini
03-13-2005, 01:36 PM
i guess billy corgan (:angry:) wasn't available for comment

What did that no talent scumbag say about it in the past?