PDA

View Full Version : I thought you guys would like this

Whitesox029
03-09-2005, 04:08 PM
My sister wants to go to the Sox game for her 7th birthday...in Kansas City. :D:
I don't think it'll happen because she'll have school the next day, but nevertheless, it's a sure sign she's being raised right. We were watching the game today and she kept asking "When's Frank going to play again?"

Tannerfan
03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Why the hell should school the next day prevent her from going to a Sox game? There are plenty of school days in her future. Too many in fact. Let her go to the game.

SOXintheBURGH
03-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Why the hell should school the next day prevent her from going to a Sox game? There are plenty of school days in her future. Too many in fact. Let her go to the game.

Right, and plus, the next day she can brag to all her friends "So how was school yesterday? I was at the WHITE SOX GAME!!"

FARMEO
03-10-2005, 01:41 AM
Good work!! I agree, Kansas City is a long trip to make on a school night. Hopefully your sister won't a become baby bear fan once she becomes of legal drinking age. I have seen too many conversions happen this way.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-10-2005, 01:52 AM
I agree with the fact that there are a ton of school days, so missing 1 or 2 for a white sox game won't hurt. I've always had perfect attendance at school, but it never got me anything besides something silly like a free ice cream cone or something. Last year, April 13, my birthday AND the white sox home opener at the cell, I could've gone but I said no to my dad because of stupid school attendance. Less than a month later, I watched my dad die of a massive heart attack. I regret that stupid decision so much........ sorry for going a bit OT, but I just wanted to re-enforce the fact that perfect attendance is meaningless compared to going to a sox game!

Ol' No. 2
03-10-2005, 08:19 AM
I agree with the fact that there are a ton of school days, so missing 1 or 2 for a white sox game won't hurt. I've always had perfect attendance at school, but it never got me anything besides something silly like a free ice cream cone or something. Last year, April 13, my birthday AND the white sox home opener at the cell, I could've gone but I said no to my dad because of stupid school attendance. Less than a month later, I watched my dad die of a massive heart attack. I regret that stupid decision so much........ sorry for going a bit OT, but I just wanted to re-enforce the fact that perfect attendance is meaningless compared to going to a sox game!In an average school year there are 180+ school days. But there are only 162 baseball games in a season. 'Nuff said.

Iguana775
03-10-2005, 08:33 AM
My sister wants to go to the Sox game for her 7th birthday...in Kansas City. :D:
I don't think it'll happen because she'll have school the next day, but nevertheless, it's a sure sign she's being raised right. We were watching the game today and she kept asking "When's Frank going to play again?"

I am pretty sure there will be plenty of Sox games in KC this summer. ;) I would love to make a trip there but with the wife pregnant, kind of hard to do much traveling this summer.

Iguana775
03-10-2005, 08:34 AM
I agree with the fact that there are a ton of school days, so missing 1 or 2 for a white sox game won't hurt. I've always had perfect attendance at school, but it never got me anything besides something silly like a free ice cream cone or something. Last year, April 13, my birthday AND the white sox home opener at the cell, I could've gone but I said no to my dad because of stupid school attendance. Less than a month later, I watched my dad die of a massive heart attack. I regret that stupid decision so much........ sorry for going a bit OT, but I just wanted to re-enforce the fact that perfect attendance is meaningless compared to going to a sox game!

ouch! that sux, man. sorry for the loss.

Stroker Ace
03-11-2005, 07:54 PM
School hasn't stopped me from seeing the Sox.

mike squires
03-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Dad used to let me stay home and watch opening day on TV. Stay in a hotel on Sunday in KC and drive back the next day...

robertks61
03-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Dad used to let me stay home and watch opening day on TV. Stay in a hotel on Sunday in KC and drive back the next day...

I'm still pissed the parents wouldn't let me stay home to watch the '76 Home Opener when Bill Veeck returned!

starboy0
03-12-2005, 10:31 AM
School hasn't stopped me from seeing the Sox.

Me either and I'm a teacher!

Whitesox029
03-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Good work!! I agree, Kansas City is a long trip to make on a school night. Hopefully your sister won't a become baby bear fan once she becomes of legal drinking age. I have seen too many conversions happen this way.
Oh you can be sure that won't happen. I will personally make sure of it. Anyway my parents don't really want to drive to and from Kansas City and it would probably cost money. She is ok with watching it on TV last I heard, and we will probably end up going to a game on either side of that road trip. The 29th will be the first home game vs. Detroit. (We get free tickets from a friend who lives in Florida through the month of April, so it's not really worth it to spend a lot more money to go to KC.

Stroker Ace
03-12-2005, 05:13 PM
I always stayed home to watch tha Sox opener. If it wasn't at home, I would stay home to watch the home opener too.