PDA

View Full Version : No more Big Mac?

FarWestChicago
10-30-2001, 02:32 AM
Ol' Tony was just on the news here (he lives out here) saying McGwire called him and told him he was haning it up.

Bmr31
10-30-2001, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Ol' Tony was just on the news here (he lives out here) saying McGwire called him and told him he was haning it up.

yeah i heard that possibility a few weeks ago. Its probably time for big mac to hang it up......

LongDistanceFan
10-30-2001, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

yeah i heard that possibility a few weeks ago. Its probably time for big mac to hang it up...... damn, i was hoping he could come close the the hr record. oh well.

GASHWOUND
10-30-2001, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

How many HR's is he away from 600? I know he's pretty close and for him to leave so damn close, thats tough to swallow.

BTW, When I saw the title, "No more Big mac...I thought they were discontinuing the Big mac at McDonalds or something.
:)

WinningUgly!
10-30-2001, 10:41 AM
If so, good for McGwire! It's rare that we get to see a player that doesn't let his ego get in the way of a decision like that. Sounds like Big Mac realizes that he's not the player he once was and would rather retire than hang on for a few more years & worry about padding his stats or getting a "farewell tour".

WinningUgly!
10-30-2001, 10:46 AM
Question:
Which hat does Big Mac wear to the Hall of fame?
He got his start, Won a WS & played more years with Oakland, but he hit 70 in St. Louis. I know 70 is no longer the record, but that will still be what McGwire is forever remembered for.

duke of dorwood
10-30-2001, 11:20 AM
:canseco

I should present him to the Hall of Fame.

WinningUgly!
10-30-2001, 02:00 PM
Ya think this has anything to do with McGwire deciding to retire?