PDA

View Full Version : Sub-standard Outing For Big Unit

infohawk
03-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I wanted to post this story about the "Big Unit" to hopefully calm the fears of those concerned about the performance of White Sox pitching at this early point in the Spring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2008203

With regard to Contreras, it should be noted that he was throwing mostly fastballs to work on his command. At this stage in the Spring, pitchers are usually working on one thing or another while also trying to stretch their arms out. This is probably especially true when those pitchers are already guaranteed a spot in the rotation/bullpen. Pitchers just trying to make a squad are most likely focusing on getting outs to impress the coaching staff.

NonetheLoaiza
03-09-2005, 11:58 AM
It does make me feel good about our own pitching staff. Not that I thought the sky was falling, but I was a little concerned with the performance so far. But, I do know its only the beginning of ST, and players are still getting adjusted.

Stroker Ace
03-09-2005, 12:31 PM
This will be RJ's worst season in years. He won't be ale to handle the pressure in NYC

AZChiSoxFan
03-09-2005, 06:51 PM
This will be RJ's worst season in years. He won't be ale to handle the pressure in NYC

That may end up being true, but for the record, when RJ pitched for the D-backs, he typically had horrible stats in ST, all kinds of articles would be written about how he was washed up, then come opening day, he was back to being his typical, dominating self.