PDA

View Full Version : Unused ticket trade-ins

Ol' No. 2
03-09-2005, 09:59 AM
For all you season ticket holders, in case you hadn't noticed: I was looking at the list of dates they allow you to trade in unused tickets and there's a note at the top saying they will no longer trade in tickets on the day of the game. This bites.

Jerko
03-09-2005, 10:45 AM
They didn't even do it at the park last year without a fight; they wanted it all done thru the mail (I guess we have to make our own copies of the form since they send only one). I tried it once at the park and had a huge "to-do" with the guy in the ticket booth. The reasoning is this: they don't rip the tickets at the gate anymore (as you know they scan them now) and they don't have the technologoy at the ticket windows to scan the ticket you're trading in. They have no way to make sure if the ticket you're trading in is/was "used" or not and I guess some people were trying to get in to multiple games on one ticket. Pretty sad that people can't be trusted.

Ol' No. 2
03-09-2005, 10:58 AM
They didn't even do it at the park last year without a fight; they wanted it all done thru the mail (I guess we have to make our own copies of the form since they send only one). I tried it once at the park and had a huge "to-do" with the guy in the ticket booth. The reasoning is this: they don't rip the tickets at the gate anymore (as you know they scan them now) and they don't have the technologoy at the ticket windows to scan the ticket you're trading in. They have no way to make sure if the ticket you're trading in is/was "used" or not and I guess some people were trying to get in to multiple games on one ticket. Pretty sad that people can't be trusted.I got into a beef trying to trade in tickets and was told to go to the window by Gate 4. Maybe they have a scanner there, but I don't recall seeing them scanning the tickets to see if they've been used before. I wonder if they'll let you do it at the Guest Service window on the concourse. Having to do it by mail is a pain. Often I don't plan that far ahead.

Jerko
03-09-2005, 11:19 AM
We tried to use the guest service window on the concourse last year and they told us no. They should make up some on-line service where you can print out tickets you trade in and deactivate the code of your original ticket. I think there's a way you can email tickets to friends but I don't know if they made arrangements or have the technology to do that for trade-ins.

Ol' No. 2
03-09-2005, 11:22 AM
We tried to use the guest service window on the concourse last year and they told us no. They should make up some on-line service where you can print out tickets you trade in and deactivate the code of your original ticket. I think there's a way you can email tickets to friends but I don't know if they made arrangements or have the technology to do that for trade-ins.Good idea. You can email tickets by logging into your account at the website, but to my knowledge, it hasn't been used for ticket exchange. But there's no reason it couldn't be done. You could then have the tickets waiting at will call. Maybe I'll email Brooks...

SoxFan78
03-09-2005, 11:23 AM
We tried to use the guest service window on the concourse last year and they told us no. They should make up some on-line service where you can print out tickets you trade in and deactivate the code of your original ticket. I think there's a way you can email tickets to friends but I don't know if they made arrangements or have the technology to do that for trade-ins.

I would assume that if you choose to forward tickets to your friends through email, that would de-activate the original ticket.

BainesHOF
03-09-2005, 01:25 PM
The ticket exchange is a great thing. That you can't exchange on the day of a game is ridiculous. That needs to change.

Jerko
03-09-2005, 01:29 PM
The ticket exchange is a great thing. That you can't exchange on the day of a game is ridiculous. That needs to change.

I agree, but "technically" the rule is that you can't trade in an unused ticket until after that game is played, making it impossible to trade it in on the day of the game.

Ol' No. 2
03-09-2005, 01:32 PM
I agree, but "technically" the rule is that you can't trade in an unused ticket until after that game is played, making it impossible to trade it in on the day of the game.That's not the problem I was referring to. There would be no point in trading it in for the same game. But if I have an unused ticket from a month ago and I want to trade it in for today's game, I can't. I used to be able to walk up the the ticket window and make the exchange, but now you have to do it by mail in advance.

Jerko
03-09-2005, 01:54 PM
That's not the problem I was referring to. There would be no point in trading it in for the same game. But if I have an unused ticket from a month ago and I want to trade it in for today's game, I can't. I used to be able to walk up the the ticket window and make the exchange, but now you have to do it by mail in advance.

Oops, I kinda got both situations mixed up there and combined them. I was told they don't do exchanges at the park anymore because they don't rip the tickets anymore and have no way to tell if they're being scammed. BainesHOF's problem sounds like it happened when they still exchanged tickets at the park but would not let him use an old unused ticket to get into a trade in day on the actual day of the game and made him buy a new ticket. Sorry for the mixup. Maybe that's why they want it all done by mail!

jake27
03-09-2005, 03:00 PM
i know the ticket places inside the cell have the scanning things. 2ce, once in the upper deck, once in the lower, i upgraded and they scanned the new tickets before they gave them to me, if they have them at the ticket windows outside of the stadium i have no idea.