PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Patio Area

SALUKIS15
03-08-2005, 10:02 PM
I have a question for anyone out there. In regards to the patio area outside the bullpen bar, how do you get a table. I had heard from friends that it used to be first come first serve. I have also heard there is a fee. If someone could let me know it would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend coming in for opening day and I was hoping to get a table out there.

FJA
03-08-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a question for anyone out there. In regards to the patio area outside the bullpen bar, how do you get a table. I had heard from friends that it used to be first come first serve. I have also heard there is a fee. If someone could let me know it would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend coming in for opening day and I was hoping to get a table out there.

Unless they've changed something, it is first come, first serve and I believe $10 a person. For Opening Day you better be at the ballpark long before the gates open.

SALUKIS15
03-08-2005, 10:13 PM
thanks for the info. Yes, I plan on being there bright and early so I can tailgate for a few hours before going in when the gates open. Then after the game it will be on to the ESPN zone for the NCAA finals

FARMEO
03-08-2005, 10:58 PM
The outside section of the BPSP is first come first serve. On opening day, there will be line outside of the gate, so get there early. There is a charge to sit in the upper part, the lower part is free.

Ol' No. 2
03-09-2005, 09:47 AM
The outside section of the BPSP is first come first serve. On opening day, there will be line outside of the gate, so get there early. There is a charge to sit in the upper part, the lower part is free.Even on weekday games during the summer, you'd better be there when the gates open or shortly afterward if you want a seat outside, especially if you want to be on the upper terrace. The upper terrace is $10/person.

jabrch
03-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Even on weekday games during the summer, you'd better be there when the gates open or shortly afterward if you want a seat outside, especially if you want to be on the upper terrace. The upper terrace is $10/person.

And IMHO, it is the best value of any ticket in the house. Use Granton coupons or Pepsi cans to get 1/2 price tickets in the UD and then bump yourself to the BPSB UD for $10 extra. Waitresses, great view, HR balls..its a hidden gem in terms of seating and value.

D. TODD
03-09-2005, 09:58 AM
I don't think upper deck tickets can be used for the bar seating. Only lower level ticket holders have the access to the bullpen bar.

Ol' No. 2
03-09-2005, 10:00 AM
I don't think upper deck tickets can be used for the bar seating. Only lower level ticket holders have the access to the bullpen bar.Nope. Any ticket will get you in.

IlliniSox
03-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I don't think upper deck tickets can be used for the bar seating. Only lower level ticket holders have the access to the bullpen bar.

UD ticket holders can get to the BSB if they enter at the gate right by the RF corner entrance (I think Gate 2?)

jabrch
03-09-2005, 10:33 AM

Not true - I have done it many times. Go to the enterance in RF, all the way around the south west side of the park - and you can get into the BPSB or into the seating areas via the ramps. A UD ticket into the BPSB + 10$ = a patio seat, provided you are there and in the front of the line when the gates open.

D. TODD
03-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the info. That does seem like the best move for some upper deck level seats to upgrade then.

Sad
03-09-2005, 10:47 AM
I've only gone there a couple times but I didn't think they even checked your ticket to go into that Sports Bar area...
:dunno:

Do the doors to that bar close at start of game?
thought I remembered seeing a sign near entrance about that... or something... stupid brain...

Jerko
03-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Not true - I have done it many times. Go to the enterance in RF, all the way around the south west side of the park - and you can get into the BPSB or into the seating areas via the ramps. A UD ticket into the BPSB + 10$ = a patio seat, provided you are there and in the front of the line when the gates open.

Yeah, it's gate 2. They don't check for your UD tickets until you get up the ramps and are about to enter the 100 level.

mccombe_35
03-10-2005, 01:17 PM
I've only gone there a couple times but I didn't think they even checked your ticket to go into that Sports Bar area...
:dunno:

Do the doors to that bar close at start of game?
thought I remembered seeing a sign near entrance about that... or something... stupid brain...

nope. the bar is open when the gates open & it stays open til 1 hour after the game is over. I think the beer is a little cheaper than the usual vendors / stands, & you can buy a beer in the bar & they let you take it out of the bar if you want. Starting in the beginning of the '03 season I started sitting in the outside tables at the bar (the $10 ones up the steps) & I love it. Sat out there for about 40 games in the last 2 years. also have 6 BP balls from those 2 years. I even broke my thumb on a BP HR ball from Daubach in '03.... :o: Got the ball at least.....

Came close to quite a few Valentin HRs during gemes as well.....

woodenleg
03-10-2005, 02:55 PM
I've done it before, but it's been a while. If I remember correctly, you get a pass or ticket or something so that you can go in and out of the patio area. This is so that people don't try to take your place while you're going to the bathroom or whatever.

Ol' No. 2
03-10-2005, 03:01 PM
I've done it before, but it's been a while. If I remember correctly, you get a pass or ticket or something so that you can go in and out of the patio area. This is so that people don't try to take your place while you're going to the bathroom or whatever.Right. They only allow so many people out there at a time. If you're in the upper level you get a bracelet, and they only give out as many as there are seats.