PDA

View Full Version : First Post

LSU SoxFan
03-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Hello. It is great to be here. New Poster here and look to stay here for awhile and chat with my fellow Sox fans. I have been a Sox fan since I was able to understand baseball (something cub fans still can't get). My first soxgame that I can remember was in 1982. So I guess I am the youngest of the old guard. I am anti-Jerry and think he has almost done his best to run the Sox into the ground. I hope to join in on the conversations and root the for the Good guys this year.

Very Best to all,

LSU SoxFan

nebraskasox
03-08-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm fairly new too on this board. Welcome.

HITMEN OF 77
03-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Hello. It is great to be here. New Poster here and look to stay here for awhile and chat with my fellow Sox fans. I have been a Sox fan since I was able to understand baseball (something cub fans still can't get). My first soxgame that I can remember was in 1982. So I guess I am the youngest of the old guard. I am anti-Jerry and think he has almost done his best to run the Sox into the ground. I hope to join in on the conversations and root the for the Good guys this year.

Very Best to all,

LSU SoxFan

Welcome aboard and enjoy!

LSU SoxFan
03-08-2005, 08:19 PM
How do I get an avatar? For some reason it doesn't give me a choice.

duke of dorwood
03-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Welcome -just in time for what's sure to be another lively season of White Sox discussion

veeter
03-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the best outlet for all things White Sox. I've saved a ton of money by not needing to pay a therapist.

PAPChiSox729
03-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Welcome!

SOXSINCE'70
03-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi,how ya' doin'??

I want Mags back
03-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Welcome To The Jungle, We Got Fun And Games.......

Lip Man 1
03-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Spent many nice Saturday nights at Tiger Stadium (LSU) when I worked in Monroe.

Lip

Cubbiesuck13
03-08-2005, 11:25 PM
How do I get an avatar? For some reason it doesn't give me a choice.

Only moderators and people who sponser WSI have avatars. Welcome, and Roll Tide!

mike squires
03-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Welcome! I hope you stick around. We need a fresh poster that actually posts!!! I don't know how many people come on here and are gone in a flash. Oh, maybe they have lives...:D:

Tragg
03-08-2005, 11:38 PM

Very Best to all,

LSU SoxFan

Welcome LSU sox fan.

Great game tonight - Roll Wave!!

tadscout
03-08-2005, 11:39 PM
:welcome:

Brian26
03-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Welcome!

HITMEN OF 77
03-09-2005, 01:55 AM
Spent many nice Saturday nights at Tiger Stadium (LSU) when I worked in Monroe.

Lip

What's the nik name for that place? Death Valley? I know the teams called the Bayou Bengals.

Stroker Ace
03-09-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm fairly new too on this board. Welcome.
Me too

MUsoxfan
03-09-2005, 03:12 AM
What's the nik name for that place? Death Valley? I know the teams called the Bayou Bengals.

Death Valley.....the greatest football stadium on planet earth full of the friendliest fans in the country. Geaux Tigers....football, baseball and basketball

Cubbiesuck13
03-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Death Valley.....the greatest football stadium on planet earth full of the friendliest fans in the country. Geaux Tigers....football, baseball and basketball

Go to an Alabama v. LSU football game there wearing red and see how friendly they are. I love the competitiveness but friendly they arn't. If you want freindly, go to a ole' miss game. They may loose the game but they have never lost a party.:gulp:

Baby Fisk
03-09-2005, 08:39 AM

Very Best to all,

LSU SoxFan

So in your very first post, you:
- take a shot at the Cubbies
- crap on Reinsdorf
- look back fondly on your first Sox game

What a flying start! :welcome:

spawn
03-09-2005, 08:43 AM
Weclome aboard!

SoxWillWin
03-09-2005, 09:06 AM
I am anti-Jerry and think he has almost done his best to run the Sox into the ground.

:reinsy I do have a few more ideas though.
:welcome:

MUsoxfan
03-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Go to an Alabama v. LSU football game there wearing red and see how friendly they are. I love the competitiveness but friendly they arn't.

Try wearing purple and gold next time you go down:wink:

SOXintheBURGH
03-09-2005, 09:44 AM
Go to an Alabama v. LSU football game there wearing red and see how friendly they are. I love the competitiveness but friendly they arn't. If you want freindly, go to a ole' miss game. They may loose the game but they have never lost a party.:gulp:

The Tide don't lose at Baton Rouge...

I'd love to check out an LSU game someday, hell, I want to check out a game at a big SEC school to see what its all about. Only college games I've been too are all Big 10 teams and ND.. and a few Pitt games.

Over By There
03-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Welcome, and Geaux Tigers! Baton Rouge is my home away from home.

HITMEN OF 77
03-09-2005, 11:10 AM

Martin Stadium in Pullman, WA is the greatest, Death Valley is a close second :D:

MUsoxfan
03-09-2005, 11:25 AM
The Tide don't lose at Baton Rouge...

Tide lost 2 of their last 3 in Baton Rouge! :tongue:

lbtigerfan
03-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Only moderators and people who sponser WSI have avatars. Welcome, and Roll Tide!

I don't know how you welcome LSUSoxFan and then say "Roll Tide!" Oh well. Geaux Tigers!

and HITMEN.. close second?? I think not. The noise from one of our games actually registered as a small earthquake. Come sit in the student section next time, you won't think there's even a close second to Death Valley.

After this post.. I think I know what shirt I'll wear to work today..
"DEATH VALLEY.. The best time you will ever have with 91,600 of your closest friends"

lbtigerfan
03-09-2005, 11:46 AM

Friendly we are. There's always going to be people that are asses but for the most part we just yell "Tiger Bait". No big deal. You can usually stop and talk it up a good bit with the more mature fans, (and by more mature, I mean not drunk college guys) and even get some good ole southern cookin' while you're at it :tongue: Sorry.. but when it comes to my Tigers and LSU.. I gotta defend 'em.

HITMEN OF 77
03-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Sorry.. but when it comes to my Tigers and LSU.. I gotta defend 'em.

As any fan of any team should.

skobabe8
03-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Welcome aboard. I'll have to send you some sox beads they sell at the ballpark! Im sure you can put them to good use!

:wink: