PDA

View Full Version : #30's Pepsi Commercial vs. #21's Pepsi Commercial


Viva Magglio
10-29-2001, 10:33 PM
:maggs
Drinks Pepsi, puts the empty cans in his Radio Flyer wagon, takes it to Comiskey Park to get half price Tuesday tickets, and tells White Sox fans to do the same and that he'll see them at the ballpark.

:shammy
Tries to steal someone else's Pepsi.

Now who's the better role model?

LongDistanceFan
10-29-2001, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
:maggs
Drinks Pepsi, puts the empty cans in his Radio Flyer wagon, takes it to Comiskey Park to get half price Tuesday tickets, and tells White Sox fans to do the same and that he'll see them at the ballpark.

:shammy
Tries to steal someone else's Pepsi.

Now who's the better role model? cmon now....... that is not even a poll.

GASHWOUND
10-29-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
cmon now....... that is not even a poll.

It ma not be a poll, but it is funny. Sosa's commercial is so retarded. He gets 17 mill a year, he can't buy his own Pepsi? And Mags and no poor fella either. What the hell is he doin' bringing in cans for halfprice tickets now that I think of it? I've only seen the Mags commercial once. They never play that commercial.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-29-2001, 11:13 PM
I think Maggs ought to do testimonials for Tropicana. Of course I admit to a bias.

:)

nut_stock
10-30-2001, 12:24 AM
I've never seen the Magglio commercial. I live in the St. Louis Metro, and the only Pepsi commercial I see is Sosa/Griffey.

RichieRichAllen
10-30-2001, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


It ma not be a poll, but it is funny. Sosa's commercial is so retarded. He gets 17 mill a year, he can't buy his own Pepsi? And Mags and no poor fella either. What the hell is he doin' bringing in cans for halfprice tickets now that I think of it? I've only seen the Mags commercial once. They never play that commercial.

LOL- Maggs looks a little boy dressed up in a Sox uniform carrying his wagon. Even his facial expressions look awkward and boyish. When you see him in this commercial, it's hard to believe he's the aggressive force he is in the lineup.

That Sosa/Griffey commercial is just dumb. What's Griffey's Pepsi doing in the Cub dugout anyway? I used to like Griffey, but he really can wear on you over the years. Sosa is just plain grating.

FarWestChicago
10-30-2001, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen
Sosa is just plain grating. Sham-ME is more annoying than Richard Simmons.

LongDistanceFan
10-30-2001, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Sham-ME is more annoying than Richard Simmons. i don't live in chi and i wish i can see those commercial. i wonder if wgn will play them?

ihatethecubs
10-30-2001, 04:48 AM
no they only showed them on FSN during sox games. they wont show them anymore cuz it was a promotion for 1/2 price tuesday. a voice went "hey is that magglio ordonez at the comiskey park ticket window?" and it showed mags outside of the park with a wagon full of pepsi and he says "is pepsi hal pri tuesday" and at the end he says "drin pepsi an i'll see you ah the ballpark"

Iwritecode
10-30-2001, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen
What's Griffey's Pepsi doing in the Cub dugout anyway?

I think the commercial was supposed to be set at an all-star game. I think it was during this year's all-star game that they first aired it. I guess the only really bad thing about the commercial is the fact that the ball didn't actually hit Shammy and knock him out cold...

Jerry_Manuel
10-30-2001, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I think the commercial was supposed to be set at an all-star game. I think it was during this year's all-star game that they first aired it. I guess the only really bad thing about the commercial is the fact that the ball didn't actually hit Shammy and knock him out cold...

You would be correct, the commerical took place at Safeco field. Same place as the 2001 all-star game. I wonder if we could get Maggs in a commerical, for the 2003 all-star game.

cheeses_h_rice
10-30-2001, 05:15 PM
:maggs

Hey people, when you're busy blasting home run shots off of Cubs ace Jon Lieber and making catch after catch in the outfield, you build up quite a thirst.

Drink Pessi and I'll see you at the ballpark.

CLR01
10-31-2001, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


It ma not be a poll, but it is funny. Sosa's commercial is so retarded. He gets 17 mill a year, he can't buy his own Pepsi? And Mags and no poor fella either. What the hell is he doin' bringing in cans for halfprice tickets now that I think of it? I've only seen the Mags commercial once. They never play that commercial.


Why is he even buying tickets to the game? Dont tell me JR is that cheap that he makes the players pay for tickets.

Vsahajpal
11-01-2001, 03:58 PM
forget Maggs and Sammy

http://pics.ebay.com/aw/pics/promo/theme/ab_bspears_photo_262x354.jpg

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2001, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Why is he even buying tickets to the game? Dont tell me JR is that cheap that he makes the players pay for tickets.


:reinsy
Those upper deck seats won't sell themselves!