PDA

View Full Version : Summer Job @ the cell.

house215
03-08-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm looking to get a part-time job working at the cell this summer and was wondering if anyone knows whom I should get in contact with about it.

SouthBendSox
03-08-2005, 12:09 AM
do yuo speak "Ozzie"

they need translaters

HITMEN OF 77
03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm looking to get a part-time job working at the cell this summer and was wondering if anyone knows whom I should get in contact with about it.

whitesox.com has a "job" area on the site. You might want to start by looking there.

jake27
03-08-2005, 01:08 AM
i know that they have like a job fair-type thing where there is a day you go to the cell, fill out an application and talk to people. i wanted to work there last year so i found out all about it. from what i remember, its in janurary or february, but not sure. go to the website or perhaps call someone to find out. i do know they make minimum wage but empolyees get like 10% off of ticket prices and merchandise... something like that

WhiteSoxFan84
03-08-2005, 01:44 AM
i do know they make minimum wage

where will JR stop?

na_na_na_na
03-08-2005, 03:11 PM
A nice job I had while in college at the cell was as a raffle ticket seller. You don't make much money but are finished by the 5th inning of every game and can then watch for free. Contact White Sox Charities if you are interested.

Rudy Law
03-08-2005, 09:31 PM

You should be a vendor..You make decent money...You don't have to work everyday...You work when you want...You make cash tips.....and you get to see a great amount of the game...if you want info e-mail me....

soxfanforlife28
03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
do yuo speak "Ozzie"

they need translaterslmao u took the words outta my mouth. With are team being the united nations. Im sure they are gonna need plenty of translaters.

SALUKIS15
03-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Working at Comiskey sounded like a great job to me a few years ago, then I got the job and realized it wasn't as great as expected. First off, the job didn't pay much at all, about 55 bucks a game. Given gas and parking (yes,they make you pay for parking even as an employee) it wasn't worth it based on this alone. Also, you may wind up being stuck in a stand where you won't see anything except concrete. I was told that I would work in the sports bar on the club level in left field. My first day I was sent to the Icee stand in right field. They even made my stand stay open 2 extra hours with no advanced warning because it was aa kids run the bases day, and I didn't get any more money. If I had it all to do over again, I would not work at the stadium, I would rather go as a fan.

P.S. One cool thing about working at the stadium was sitting in the right field stands before the gates open seeing players taking batting practice and just gazing at the whol stadium. This was the only memorable part of the job.