PDA

View Full Version : Borchard earns $100

Jjav829
03-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Joe Borchard homered twice in a losing cause today against the Giants.
The first came off Brett Tomko, earning Borchard $100. Apparently, A.J. Pierzynski promised cash to anyone who homered off the pitcher who termed him a clubhouse cancer last year. Borchard has little chance of making the White Sox this season. He'd be better off playing regularly in Triple-A than he would be as a fifth outfielder in the majors.

LOL! I like it! A.J. should double that just because it was Borchard.

zach074
03-07-2005, 10:16 PM
[/color]

LOL! I like it! A.J. should double that just because it was Borchard.

LOL. It seams like A.J. is bonding with the team already.

MUsoxfan
03-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I love this guy already as well. Frank said he does a fantastic job of getting into a batter's head.....talking while the pitch is coming and stuff like that. I don't mind those extra little advantages

spawn
03-07-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm really liking the AJ acquisition...

JUribe1989
03-07-2005, 10:31 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!!! I am loving AJ more and more. I hope Tomko knows about this.

Palehose13
03-07-2005, 10:31 PM
That is some great stuff. Welcome aboard, A.J.! I hope that you've found yourself a home. :smile:

MeanFish
03-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I see how it is. Jerry gives him a multimillion dollar signing bonus and he can't hit over .200. But Pierzynski offers him a $100 incentive-laden deal and suddenly he's Mickey Mantle. I give up! :D::cool::o:

tadscout
03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
:worship:AJ rules!!! :Rocker:

WhiteSoxFan84
03-07-2005, 11:03 PM
A.J. Pierzynski getting nothing but love? What happend to all those doubters before the signing? :rolleyes:

I guess A.J. is teaching us some lessons we should all know about already;
1) Don't judge people based on what you hear about them from others.
2) Don't judge a book by it's covers.

My sig says it all. The guy just wants to win.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-07-2005, 11:04 PM
I see how it is. Jerry gives him a multimillion dollar signing bonus and he can't hit over .200. But Pierzynski offers him a $100 incentive-laden deal and suddenly he's Mickey Mantle. I give up! :D::cool::o:

I hope your kidding. Where is the teal?

This is not about the $100 or even about Joe Borchard.

MUsoxfan
03-07-2005, 11:08 PM

That sarcasm was sooo blatantly obvious (not all the smilies) that teal really wasn't needed.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-07-2005, 11:21 PM
That sarcasm was sooo blatantly obvious (not all the smilies) that teal really wasn't needed.

lol, ok, just making sure

HITMEN OF 77
03-08-2005, 12:34 AM
LOL. It seams like A.J. is bonding with the team already.

Bonding with a guy who won't be on the team and will be playing in triple A.

Frater Perdurabo
03-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Bonding with a guy who won't be on the team and will be playing in triple A.

We should be happy that Borchard performed well. As Sox fans, and as disappointing as LTP's performance has been during the past few years, we still should hope he finally lives up to his potential. It doesn't hurt to have another option in the outfield - you never know when one of the starters will get hurt. Also, if he has a strong spring, he might increase his trade value.

We also should be pleased A.J. is making an effort to bond with the team and to overcome the reputation he earned in San Francisco.

:supernana:

Baby Fisk
03-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Jeez, I don't know if someone like Pudge Fisk would approve of that kind of activity...:unsure:

Aw, who am I kidding? Nice work, A.J.! :bandance:

NonetheLoaiza
03-08-2005, 10:48 AM
Great story. These are the kinds of actions that bring the clubhouse together. Much love to AJ...

CPditka
03-08-2005, 10:59 AM
we need to bribe LTP every game

Realist
03-08-2005, 11:31 AM
It's official. A.J. "Battleship" Pierzynski is my current favorite Sox player. He plays baseball like a hockey player and I love that.

When Frank was in the booth with Hawk and DJ yesterday, he was talking about how Pierzynski would be talking to him as the pitch was on the way. That had me rolling! :rolling:

I don't know if intimidation plays as big a part in baseball as it does in hockey, but it sure can't hurt.

Ol' No. 2
03-08-2005, 11:41 AM
we need to bribe LTP every gameIf that's all it takes, I'm sure we can take up a collection.:cool:

MeanFish
03-08-2005, 12:43 PM

Ugh, you're right. I need to turn myself in...

:tealpolice:

WhiteSoxFan84
03-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Ugh, you're right. I need to turn myself in...

:tealpolice:

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/child-stars/gary-coleman/BABF07.gif
"That's a good MeanFish. You're smart in turning yourself in. Because Office Gary Coleman was going to get your ass one way or another. Now, whatchu talking about Bart?"

CPditka
03-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Great story... Article is on the front page of ESPN.com right now.

Foulke You
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Going back to what Frank said about AJ getting in the batter's head, I'm looking forward to AJ getting in the heads of his former teammates in Minny. Judging from the comments I've read from Hunter and Gardenhire, they already seem bothered by him being on our team, I can imagine that if he starts chirping behind the plate that it will help take them out of their game.

I'm also looking forward to AJ being introduced to the crosstown rivalry with the Cubs. I have a feeling AJ will be extra chirpy behind the plate for those two series and we are going to get some choice quotes.:D:

Shorty1983
03-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Great story... Article is on the front page of ESPN.com right now.

That's the first thing that caught my eye on ESPN page.

"I've moved on. I wish them the best of luck and hopefully we can play them in the World Series and beat them." -A.J.

My kind of guy. Now I just need his jersey, brass knuckles and some cool shades. :cool: