PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com: Sabathia may miss Opening Day

siugrad25
03-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Just wanted to show everyone this if it hasn't been posted already.

The story mentions that maybe Jake Westbrook would be slated as their No. 1 starter with Jason Davis moving toward the end of the rotation to start the season.

I don't know about you, but I'll be glad to not see him on April 4.

Linky (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050307&content_id=959893&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

MUsoxfan
03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Sabbathia kills the Sox. It wouldn't break my heart to have him miss that game

Soxzilla
03-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Strained abdominal muscle?

More like...Strained fat.:rolleyes:

Oh well, this is good news for Sox fans.:redneck

gf2020
03-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Well, getting Sabathia back from this injury will just further confirm that the Indians had the best off-season, just edging out the Twins who did well because they onlly lost half of their players and got an unproven player back from injury.

santo=dorf
03-07-2005, 07:57 PM
MY EYES!!!! :cower:

Career vs. Sox: 8-2, 4.16 ERA, 1.28 WHIP, 8.80 K/9

Chisox003
03-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, getting Sabathia back from this injury will just further confirm that the Indians had the best off-season, just edging out the Twins who did well because they onlly lost half of their players and got an unproven player back from injury.

:tealpolice:

WinningUgly!
03-07-2005, 07:58 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/teal101.JPG

SomebodyToldMe
03-07-2005, 07:58 PM

I can't even read these kinda responses. They might be funny, but DAMN my eyes.

x_x

JUribe1989
03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Hmmm........remember the last time Jake Westbrook pitched at U.S. Cellular Field.....(Flashback begins)........

Bottom 6th B:4 S:2 O:0
Timo Perez walks.

Bottom 6th B:2 S:1 O:0
Sandy Alomar, Jr. singles on a line drive to center fielder Grady Sizemore. Timo Perez to 3rd.

Bottom 6th B:0 S:1 O:0
Willie Harris singles on a ground ball to right fielder Matt Lawton. Timo Perez scores. Sandy Alomar, Jr. to 2nd.

Bottom 6th B:0 S:3 O:1
Aaron Rowand strikes out swinging.

Bottom 6th B:1 S:1 O:1
Carlos Lee singles on a soft fly ball to center fielder Grady Sizemore. Sandy Alomar, Jr. to 3rd. Willie Harris to 2nd.

Bottom 6th B:2 S:1 O:1
Paul Konerko singles on a line drive to center fielder Grady Sizemore. Sandy Alomar, Jr. scores. Willie Harris to 3rd. Carlos Lee to 2nd.

Bottom 6th B:2 S:2 O:1
Carl Everett singles on a ground ball to right fielder Matt Lawton. Willie Harris scores. Carlos Lee scores. Paul Konerko to 2nd.

Bottom 6th B:0 S:0 O:1
Pitcher Change: David Riske replaces Jake Westbrook.

Jose Valentin homers (26) on a fly ball to right field. Paul Konerko scores. Carl Everett scores.

Final Stats for Westbrook 6 ER 5.1 IP
Bring him on!

California Sox
03-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Oh, you just made me miss Jose. :(:

MUsoxfan
03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Oh, you just made me miss Jose. :(:

I'll fix that......

Jose Valentin (http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/4948/) was 0-for-4 with four strikeouts. ...

From this game (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=240529104)..... and many others

SOXPHILE
03-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Maybe with the extra time he has then, ol' C.C. can get himself a uniform that fits better, and isn't quite so baggy, and also find a nice hat that goes on his head straight, instead of that "gangsta" one that always seems to be cocked a bit to the side.

Chisox003
03-07-2005, 09:31 PM
"Joe Mauers 's recovery hit a bump in the road Monday. The Twins' website is reporting that the catcher had to sit out the team's spring training game against the Devil Rays because of soreness and mild swelling in his surgically repaired left knee." It goes on to say that the situation is "normal" :rolleyes:

Looks like the "Savior" better start performin some miracles....Zing!

Soxzilla
03-07-2005, 10:07 PM
"Joe Mauers 's recovery hit a bump in the road Monday. The Twins' website is reporting that the catcher had to sit out the team's spring training game against the Devil Rays because of soreness and mild swelling in his surgically repaired left knee." It goes on to say that the situation is "normal" :rolleyes:

Looks like the "Savior" better start performin some miracles....Zing!

:boston
"I have no faith Mauer will be ready for opening day and will smite the foul evil-doers of the American Central, I don't precisely know what they call those teams though. Ummm Cleveland Redskins? Umm ummm Kansas City Kings? Am I right? Oh well, it doesn't matter. Once Jesus Chri...I mean, Joe Mauer returns to form before the real season starts then they will all fall under the mighty blade of the Minnesota Twins. Because we all know that one player can lead a team to the world series, because I said so. And I'm Peter Gammons. Hail me bitches."

NSSoxFan
03-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Interesting...

Linky (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050307&content_id=959893&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

Rocklive99
03-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Hmmm........remember the last time Jake Westbrook pitched at U.S. Cellular Field.....(Flashback begins)........

Bottom 6th B:4 S:2 O:0
Timo Perez walks.

Bottom 6th B:2 S:1 O:0
Sandy Alomar, Jr. singles on a line drive to center fielder Grady Sizemore. Timo Perez to 3rd.

Bottom 6th B:0 S:1 O:0
Willie Harris singles on a ground ball to right fielder Matt Lawton. Timo Perez scores. Sandy Alomar, Jr. to 2nd.

Bottom 6th B:0 S:3 O:1
Aaron Rowand strikes out swinging.

Bottom 6th B:1 S:1 O:1
Carlos Lee singles on a soft fly ball to center fielder Grady Sizemore. Sandy Alomar, Jr. to 3rd. Willie Harris to 2nd.

Bottom 6th B:2 S:1 O:1
Paul Konerko singles on a line drive to center fielder Grady Sizemore. Sandy Alomar, Jr. scores. Willie Harris to 3rd. Carlos Lee to 2nd.

Bottom 6th B:2 S:2 O:1
Carl Everett singles on a ground ball to right fielder Matt Lawton. Willie Harris scores. Carlos Lee scores. Paul Konerko to 2nd.

Pitcher Change: David Riske replaces Jake Westbrook.

Jose Valentin homers (26) on a fly ball to right field. Paul Konerko scores. Carl Everett scores.

Final Stats for Westbrook 6 ER 5.1 IP
Bring him on!

I was at that game :D:

Stroker Ace
03-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Sabathia won't be able to go on opening day-YES!