PDA

View Full Version : Add Rick Telander to Idiot list

SpammySosa
03-07-2005, 05:34 PM
In case anyone heard it on the Score,he is speculating why Frank has always been given a "free pass"(his words) and not scrutinized more about steroids.He went on to say something along the lines that Congress must suspect him to lump him in with the likes of Canseco and company for the Congressional hearing. I normally don't let mediots get to me too much,but if you heard him and the tone he used,you probably are a little miffed too.:angry:

kittle42
03-07-2005, 05:49 PM
And I suppose Congress suspects Curt Schilling, too?

SpammySosa
03-07-2005, 05:55 PM
I have been indifferent to Telander's radio show,though I have found it amusing how many times he has to ask J. Hood about sports facts when a lifelong "journalist" ought to know a thing or two.But he is really starting to act more and more like a horse's ass. I think he has been drinking anti-Sox Kool-Aid with his Sun-Times cohort,Moronotti.Maybe they should combine their columns under the heading Dumb and Dumber.

Rocklive99
03-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Most boring/one of the worst radio shows I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to Rome. It's no wonder that MJH crush them in ratings.

Clembasbal
03-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Most boring/one of the worst radio shows I've ever heard. I'd rather listen to Rome. It's no wonder that MJH crush them in ratings.

Good thing I have never listened, Rome is bad enough. I can't imagine somebody worse.

dickallen15
03-07-2005, 09:09 PM
In Canseco's book he mentions a story where he is racing his car down the highway, and Frank is riding shotgun. It may have something to do with Frank's invitation.

SOXPHILE
03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Rick Telander = all the psuedo-intellectualism of a Dan Bernstein, minus the self depravating sense of humor.

cheeses_h_rice
03-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Rick Telander = all the psuedo-intellectualism of a Dan Bernstein, minus the self depravating sense of humor.

Dan Bernstein is self-depraved?

:?:

JKryl
03-07-2005, 11:00 PM
Telander was a Northwestern graduate, and has always seemed to come over with a holyer than thou attitude towards the NCAA, and college sports in general. Not that the NCAA can't use a poke now and then, but it gets old after a while. HOWEVER, he did lay in to Bud today in his Sun-Times article concerning steriods. http://www.suntimes.com/output/telander/cst-spt-rick072.html

MIgrenade
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I've noticed that there's a lot of silence during Telander's show especially when he needs a stat or something. He's boring and the show is terrible.
This is just his attempt at making some noise so people might care about what he says. North is the same way, no clue as to the facts, just talk to hear themselves.
By the way, Bernstein is self-depraving but only when Boers makes fun of him. I can imagine him not being that way off the show.

Viva Medias B's
03-08-2005, 12:04 AM
I think that show would be better with just J. Hood and Doug Buffone. There seems to be a better chemistry there.

dcb33
03-08-2005, 12:30 AM
I have been indifferent to Telander's radio show,though I have found it amusing how many times he has to ask J. Hood about sports facts when a lifelong "journalist" ought to know a thing or two.

I CAN'T STAND listening to him for that very reason- he is completely lost when talking about stats or facts, and usually rambles on like a fool for minutes until someone helps him out. A prime example was about 6 weeks ago after the Bulls beat the Knicks at MSG and the topic of discussion was the East's playoff seedings. He wasted five minutes of air time questioning why Boston (or whoever was leading the Titanic Division at the time) was listed as the No. 3 in that day's edition of the Sun Times and not lower (since their record was worse than the 4-8th teams)- not realizing that the NBA now has 3 Divisions in each Conference and that the 3 Division winners take the top 3 seeds. I kept yelling at the radio because it was so frustrating to listen to this bufoon waste my time. I guess he's just trying to polish his resume for position at ESPN.

I can tolerate Buffone and Hood, but I refuse to listen to that show when Telander is on.

SOXSINCE'70
03-08-2005, 11:47 AM
In case anyone heard it on the Score,he is speculating why Frank has always been given a "free pass"(his words) and not scrutinized more about steroids.He went on to say something along the lines that Congress must suspect him to lump him in with the likes of Canseco and company for the Congressional hearing. I normally don't let mediots get to me too much,but if you heard him and the tone he used,you probably are a little miffed too.:angry:

You're never going to escape the North Side Crybaby Bears
in this city,but consider these 4 words:

Mac,Jurco and Harry. They are a much better option than the SNORE!!

Dan H
03-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Telander was a Northwestern graduate, and has always seemed to come over with a holyer than thou attitude towards the NCAA, and college sports in general. Not that the NCAA can't use a poke now and then, but it gets old after a while. HOWEVER, he did lay in to Bud today in his Sun-Times article concerning steriods. http://www.suntimes.com/output/telander/cst-spt-rick072.html (http://www.suntimes.com/output/telander/cst-spt-rick072.html%5B/QUOTE)

He did let Bud have it, but it was only a few months ago that Telander went on TV and said Selig was one of the best baseball commissioners ever. One day he sounds intelligent, the next you have no idea where he is coming from.

Flight #24
03-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Telander was a Northwestern graduate, and has always seemed to come over with a holyer than thou attitude towards the NCAA, and college sports in general. Not that the NCAA can't use a poke now and then, but it gets old after a while. HOWEVER, he did lay in to Bud today in his Sun-Times article concerning steriods. http://www.suntimes.com/output/telander/cst-spt-rick072.html

He did let Bud have it, but it was only a few months ago that Telander went on TV and said Selig was one of the best baseball commissioners ever. One day he sounds intelligent, the next you have no idea where he is coming from.

IMO, It's usually pretty easy to tell where he's coming from....:booty:

WhiteSoxFan84
03-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeh well his show SUCKS. Worst radio EVER.

SpammySosa
03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Yeh well his show SUCKS. Worst radio EVER.

:ass
"Sorry pal,but that title is already taken."

jackbrohamer
03-08-2005, 12:51 PM
I always look to Rick Telander for guidance about what Congressional committees "must suspect."

slavko
03-08-2005, 10:21 PM
I think the posters referring to self-depraving humor mean self-deprecating instead.....unless they're implying that Bernsie is doing something perverted to himself.....which is what depraving means. I don't even want to think about that. Get a dictionary.

ChiSox14305635
03-09-2005, 06:19 PM
:ass
"Sorry pal,but that title is already taken."

:moron:

You're absolutely right.

Hangar18
03-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Attn Mr Telander. Frank Thomas gets a "Free Pass" on steroids
because hes NEVER been suspected. jackwag.
If Rick Telander wants to do something hard-hitting and compelling,
Why doesnt he ask the question:
WHY DOES DUSTY BAKER GET A FREE PASS IN THIS TOWN??