PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 to Yankmees

Paulwny
10-29-2001, 06:48 PM
Offbeat left-hander gets call
NEW YORK (AP) -- Brian Anderson once was trapped outside his hotel room with no pants when the door unexpectedly slid shut behind him. On another road trip, he burned his cheek testing to see if an iron was hot.

In spring training this year, he was sidelined when he cut a finger opening a cologne bottle.

Anderson was 4-9 with a 5.20 earned run average this season. He was so ineffective that he lost his spot in the rotation and hasn't started a game since Sept. 8, when he lasted 2 2/3 innings against San Diego.

This is the guy the Arizona Diamondbacks will send to the mound against Roger Clemens in their first World Series game in Yankee Stadium?

Daver
10-29-2001, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Offbeat left-hander gets call
NEW YORK (AP) -- Brian Anderson once was trapped outside his hotel room with no pants when the door unexpectedly slid shut behind him. On another road trip, he burned his cheek testing to see if an iron was hot.

In spring training this year, he was sidelined when he cut a finger opening a cologne bottle.

Anderson was 4-9 with a 5.20 earned run average this season. He was so ineffective that he lost his spot in the rotation and hasn't started a game since Sept. 8, when he lasted 2 2/3 innings against San Diego.

This is the guy the Arizona Diamondbacks will send to the mound against Roger Clemens in their first World Series game in Yankee Stadium?

Hey,he could win,you can't judge people solely on their stupid moments.I used to hunt with a guy that has shotten himself twice with a shotgun and once with an arrow and he still manages to kill deer.

But then again what the hell do I know?

Paulwny
10-29-2001, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by daver

Hey,he could win,you can't judge people solely on their stupid moments.I used to hunt with a guy that has shotten himself twice with a shotgun and once with an arrow and he still manages to kill deer.

But then again what the hell do I know?

I think he's lucky that the deer aren't shooting back.

Daver
10-29-2001, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I think he's lucky that the deer aren't shooting back.

Well I did say that I used to hunt with him. :)

FarWestChicago
10-29-2001, 07:46 PM
I used to hunt with a guy that has shotten himself twice with a shotgun and once with an arrow and he still manages to kill deer.

But then again what the hell do I know? LOL!! We had a neighbor who shot himself in the leg practicing his quick draw technique. He never lived that one down. :)

Daver
10-29-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
LOL!! We had a neighbor who shot himself in the leg practicing his quick draw technique. He never lived that one down.

FWC this guy ranks right up there with him,he put a razor tipped arrow through his foot trying to adjust the pull on his bow.

LongDistanceFan
10-29-2001, 09:22 PM

FWC this guy ranks right up there with him,he put a razor tipped arrow through his foot trying to adjust the pull on his bow. i had a friend when i was in chi, working the construction site. middle of the freezing jan month, the hydraulic nailer was frozen open, so when he connected it, he shot a nail thru is ankle, then foot and right thru to the roof. it was funny trying to pry him off the roof.