PDA

View Full Version : First Round of Cuts

rmusacch
03-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Any word on when the first round of cuts will happen? Guys reassigned to minor league camp or optioned to the minors, depending on their roster status?

dickallen15
03-07-2005, 06:13 PM
There's really not a lot of intrigue this year. There is only one or two spots up for grabs. We all pretty much know who will be sent down.

rmusacch
03-07-2005, 07:10 PM
There's really not a lot of intrigue this year. There is only one or two spots up for grabs. We all pretty much know who will be sent down.

Yeah, call me a big geek but I still update the stats every day during the regular season and have all the players that are currently in the big league camp on a spreadsheet and take them off as they are sent down.

Clembasbal
03-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, call me a big geek but I still update the stats every day during the regular season and have all the players that are currently in the big league camp on a spreadsheet and take them off as they are sent down.

I have no idea...GEEK

BRDSR
03-08-2005, 01:48 AM

Ummm...Geek! And I have no idea when the first round of cuts will be but I would expect them to happen relatively soon, maybe within the next 3 or 4 days. I think there are usually three major rounds of cuts that happen about a week apart from eachother, so the first one woud have to come pretty soon. Then the last 5 or 6 games are played with 26 or 27 guys in camp and those final two cuts are made. Last year it was Burke, and it was "de harest decishon I make so far," for Ozzie.