PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Dye

ASUSOXGRL
03-07-2005, 12:28 PM
I went to the spring training game yesterday against the Diamondbacks and I have to say that the player that impressed me the most was Jermaine Dye. I think he's going to be a really good asset to the team this year.

IlliniSox
03-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I agree, Looks like he's in peak condition. I think the probability of him still having an all-star caliber year left in the tank is very high.

Brian26
03-07-2005, 01:03 PM
I went to the spring training game yesterday against the Diamondbacks and I have to say that the player that impressed me the most was Jermaine Dye. I think he's going to be a really good asset to the team this year.

Hopefully no injuries this year!

Hangar18
03-07-2005, 01:06 PM

Hes got some really really really really big shoes to fill. Even if hes half
the Player Maggs and Carlos were, We still need him to be half that player.
This is good to hear, im getting worried about this team ............

SoxxoS
03-07-2005, 01:06 PM

Well, we had about 1/4 of Maggs last year, and I think Dye can surpass that.

Baby Fisk
03-07-2005, 01:17 PM

White Sox Baseball: Learn to Stop Worrying and Love Being Under the Radar.

mdep524
03-07-2005, 01:22 PM
The hitting will be just fine. The starting pitching, despite the misleading security of 5 starters, will end up being a bigger concern.

Foulke You
03-07-2005, 01:29 PM
I really think Jermaine Dye could end up being the move everyone talks about as being one of the best of KW's offseason. Here is a guy that when healthy has put up some stellar numbers in his career and has been an allstar. If he stays healthy, in our hitter friendly ballpark, I believe he is certainly capable of having a season similar to what he did in Kansas City:

1999 KC .294 avg 27HRs 119RBIs .526 SLG%
2000 KC .321 avg 33HRs 118RBIs .561 SLG%

If he has a season like that, I don't think anyone will be missing Magglio Ordonez.

MaggPipes
03-07-2005, 03:31 PM
I think that Dye will be a good but not great palyer for us. There is no way he comes in an puts up Magglio type offensive numbers, but we can't expect that, if we expected that he should have got a contract like Magglio's. I think he will be a defensive upgrade that will save us many runs and extra bases with that cannon he has for an arm. Though I must say i am disappointed in his power (or atleast how it is ranked on MVP Baseball 2005). :)

Go Sox!

jabrch
03-07-2005, 04:12 PM
I agree, Looks like he's in peak condition. I think the probability of him still having an all-star caliber year left in the tank is very high.

It doesn't even need to be all-star calibre.

Hit .280 with 30 HRs and play solid defense in RF and he will be very valuable to us.

GiveMeSox
03-07-2005, 04:27 PM

I didnt know his offensive numbers were that good this spring. He was 0-3 today and somer good pitches to hit. I could be wrong, but how well is he hitting this spring.

PAPChiSox729
03-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I didnt know his offensive numbers were that good this spring. He was 0-3 today and somer good pitches to hit. I could be wrong, but how well is he hitting this spring.

Eh, it's Spring Training. I don't take these first couple of weeks too seriously. I really think that Dye will have a pretty good season. Hitting at the Cell for 81 games will certainly help his power stats. Overall, I think that Dye will make us forget Magglio pretty quickly.

munchman33
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Hes got some really really really really big shoes to fill.

Why? What shoe size was Joe Borchard wearing last year?

Palehose13
03-07-2005, 09:33 PM
White Sox Baseball: Learn to Stop Worrying and Love Being Under the Radar.

:D:

wsbaseball9
03-07-2005, 09:38 PM
i really liked dye since as long as i watched baseball, hes a videogame fav of mine and the guy has a cannon for an arm :smile:

hes going over .300 and he'll have 35+ homers

Epark84
03-08-2005, 04:19 AM
I just hope Dye can stay healthy. He has shown himself to be one hell of a player when he is healthy. Most of his injuries have been freak and not chronic, so ive got my fingers crossed

maurice
03-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I thought Dye looked pretty good, as well. If he stays healthy, I expect him to hit 30+ HR and play solid D (despite an error the other day).

balke
03-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I don't like his strikeouts, but as someone corrected me a few weeks ago, he apparently draws a lot of pitches when at the plate before getting his third strike. that wouldn't bother me as much. He's a good fit at the 5 spot if he's going to strike-out. Obviously, I liked konerko better as our 5-spot guy, but that's baseball.

From what I've heard on the radio, he's already made some great grabs out in RF. I think he is able to hit 30 at the cell. Hopefully he keeps his avg. up, and yeah he could be looked at as our biggest pick-up.

Rocklive99
03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
What can't this guy do?!?!? http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=250308127

peeonwrigley
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I remember going to a game vs KC back during either '99 or '00 and sitting in the 4th row of the outfield box seats in left (pre-renovation). Dye was hitting absolute lasers at our section during BP to the point that fans without gloves began to fear for their safety (myself included).

Realist
03-08-2005, 09:29 PM
What can't this guy do?!?!? http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=250308127

That's as good as of a reason as any I can think of for calling it "yahoo" sports.