PDA

View Full Version : WGN/CLTV Pro-Cubs/Anti-Sox statements

buehrle4cy05
03-06-2005, 08:22 PM
I want to get a nice master list of all the pro-Cubs/anti-Sox statements made on WGN/CLTV. I'll start:

Sports Page on CLTV: "The Cubs Convention, which is the best fan convention in all of Chicago."

That's an example, lets get this one going!

santo=dorf
03-06-2005, 08:23 PM
:whocares

Should we be surprised what the Cubune says about the Sox or Cubs?

Daver
03-06-2005, 08:44 PM
The Cubune actually mentioned WSI recently,and posted a link to the site on Chicagosports.com.

santo=dorf
03-06-2005, 08:47 PM
The Cubune actually mentioned WSI recently,and posted a link to the site on Chicagosports.com.
I missed that.
Did :knue run it next to the latest Ligue run in with the law?

FarWestChicago
03-06-2005, 08:49 PM
I missed that.
Did :knue run it next to the latest Ligue run in with the law?No, he actually wrote the blog and had nice things to say about the site.

PAPChiSox729
03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
I want to get a nice master list of all the pro-Cubs/anti-Sox statements made on WGN/CLTV. I'll start:

Sports Page on CLTV: "The Cubs Convention, which is the best fan convention in all of Chicago."

That's an example, lets get this one going!

Meh. You learn to ignore the Cub bias. Let the season play itself out, then we can really see the unbiased reality of which team is better. And we all know who that will be...
:D:

MRKARNO
03-06-2005, 09:17 PM
The ChicagoSports.com blog has lavished (well-deserved) praise upon this website more than once. They've also linked articles posted on the main page here. I'd say that, at least at ChicagoSports.com, that they've done a pretty darn good job of not being biased. They've had a few lapses here and there, but overall, I have to say that I've been rather impressed with how fair they've been recently.

soxwon
03-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Another thing the NATIONAL MEDIA bias to us.

All the Magazines pick us 2nd third an even fourth.
Im so sick of them thinking we had a bad off season.
I really Pray we win the division big, to show the mags how Wrong they are.
It has to happen someday, we have to win it someday right?

Lip Man 1
03-06-2005, 10:10 PM
I think White Sox fans have better things to do with their time then care what the Tribune, CLTV or anyone says about the club.

When I worked in TV in Louisiana I had an angry caller on the phone after I picked Atlanta to beat the Saints in the NFL Wild Card game (which they did by the way, Deion had a monster game). After hearing him out I basically said that if you have so little faith in your team that you get this upset over what a stranger says then you have big problems.

Lip

Kogs35
03-06-2005, 10:32 PM

in 2000 no 1 gave us a chance 2005 no 1 is giving us a chance we will prove them all wrong in october

MeanFish
03-06-2005, 10:48 PM
I think White Sox fans have better things to do with their time then care what the Tribune, CLTV or anyone says about the club.

When I worked in TV in Louisiana I had an angry caller on the phone after I picked Atlanta to beat the Saints in the NFL Wild Card game (which they did by the way, Deion had a monster game). After hearing him out I basically said that if you have so little faith in your team that you get this upset over what a stranger says then you have big problems.

Lip

Great post. :cool:

kittle42
03-06-2005, 11:17 PM

The mags and the Maggs!:cool:

SOX ADDICT '73
03-06-2005, 11:35 PM
The mags and the Maggs!:cool:
Stole my post, dammit!:smile:

SoxxoS
03-06-2005, 11:59 PM
We can start by winning and the media will take care of itself.

Hangar18
03-07-2005, 10:17 AM

I have no problem being picked 2nd and 3rd if we really didnt get better
in the offseason. My problem is when the other team having accomplished
nothing, still gets all the attention and hype, while we get ignored and slammed. Too many years of this has gotten to me ....... and I dont
even own the team. How Jerry sleeps at nite, I'll never know .......

Hangar18
03-07-2005, 10:21 AM
......in 2000 no(one) gave us a chance.............

And the SOX came out like gangbusters, including breakout years
from future superstars, Carlos Lee, Magglio Ordonez and Keith Foulke, not to mention the MVP season of Frank Thomas. (note how 3 of those 4 are nolonger here)

The Media instead gave MORE attention to the Cubs and Whats-wrong-with-cubs, along with the MEDIA playing GM trying to acquire players and such ........ That was just plain wrong.
The SOX Deserved and EARNED the right to get all the attention .....
and didnt get it. HELL, it took Baseball Tonite well into July/August
before they started featuring the 1st place SOX on the hilites.

fusillirob1983
03-07-2005, 11:38 AM
How Jerry sleeps at nite, I'll never know .......

Probably on a big pile of cash.

Lip Man 1
03-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Why is that in teal?

Lip

Hangar18
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Chicago Media, after sending reporters, live newstrucks, and even
a traffic helicopter, to "Cover" the blue-sheeped fans waiting in line
for cubs tickets. (Sox didnt get the same coverage)

"Millions of cub fans around the world, will be calling at 8am for tickets to the 2005 season!!" was a quote I heard from Dane Placko of FOX news ...
(hes an admitted cub fan)

Hangar18
03-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Probably on a big pile of cash.

Ive heard somewhere that Jerry Rein$dorf sleeps with a pillowcase
filled with about $50,000 dollars, stuffed among the down .........

Brian26
03-07-2005, 12:56 PM
"Millions of cub fans around the world, will be calling at 8am for tickets to the 2005 season!!" was a quote I heard from Dane Placko of FOX news ...(hes an admitted cub fan)

The guy is a Cubs fan in addition to being saddled with a name like "Dane" (isn't it Dana actually?). He must be miserable. :D: