PDA

View Full Version : Lets speculate

Infallible
03-06-2005, 08:21 PM
IF Mags wasn't hurt last year and had his typical year, would we have kept him? And would all the anti-Mags feelings be suppressed? What happened is a damn shame, but I still thought he was a helluva ball player for us.

munchman33
03-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Maggs turned down big money from us before he was injured. Why does everyone forget that?

Infallible
03-06-2005, 08:49 PM
But would he have been worth more? He's a good player but is/was he one of the best in league to justify his asking price? His stats certainly help the cause especially in todays market.

MUsoxfan
03-06-2005, 08:55 PM
I hear "What's the Score?" calling. ENOUGH talk about this clown. I'm only concerned about Jermaine Dye and the rest of the current team.

idseer
03-06-2005, 09:38 PM
nope. the sox needed that absurd amount he would have demanded to do what they have in fact done.
yes, he was a hellova player for us. but i also think he was over-rated and i'm glad things worked out like they did.

munchman33
03-07-2005, 05:48 AM
But would he have been worth more? He's a good player but is/was he one of the best in league to justify his asking price? His stats certainly help the cause especially in todays market.

Maggs has not had top player stats since the 2003 season. His price was not justified. The Tigers would have won any bidding war for Maggs regardless because they are desperate and he is greedy.