PDA

View Full Version : New White Sox 2005 Preview Article...

hsnterprize
03-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Hey everybody...

I know the name "Mark Heatley" isn't exactly Mr. Popular here at WSI, but he did send me his latest article, a preview of our 2005 Sox. It's pretty good in my opinion, and I'd like to share it with all of you.

Here's a snippet of what was said...Paul Konerko on the offensive plan for this season...

"Losing Magglio, he's one of the best players in the game, there's no doubt that hurts," Konerko told the Associated Press. "Carlos was a clutch hitter and I'm not going to sit here and say losing guys like that doesn't weaken your offense. It's a matter of what these other guys do to step in and the guys who are here, what they do and how they perform. With the pitching we have, we might not have to do as much as in the past."

And Scott Podsednik on what his role will be...

"When you've got a guy getting on base at the top of the lineup, it sparks the offense," "Pods" said recently. "With my speed, I can use my legs to try to get myself on base and try and get into scoring position. That's how I'm going to help ballclubs, play solid defense in the outfield and getting myself on base and providing a spark for the lineup.

"That's my game," he added. "Those are my tools and I'm going to try and be best player I can using those abilities.

If you want to read the whole article, send me a private message, and I'll gladly e-mail it to you.

TimoPerez
03-06-2005, 03:48 PM
I believe you mean Mark Healey, as opposed to Heatley. The article appears on NYFanSites.com, however you need to be registered there to see it. I am a Met fan, so I have been registered for quite some time. I would post the article, but you didn't, so I don't know if I am allowed. If I am, I would be glad to post it, and his article from last week if anyone hasn't seen it.

And why isn't he popular at WSI? Did I miss something?

SpammySosa
03-06-2005, 07:18 PM
The excerpts you included merely quoted Paulie and Pods and didn't give any indication that the article was good as you stated. What else did Healey have to say that makes the article worth reading?

hsnterprize
03-06-2005, 08:33 PM
I believe you mean Mark Healey, as opposed to Heatley. The article appears on NYFanSites.com, however you need to be registered there to see it. I am a Met fan, so I have been registered for quite some time. I would post the article, but you didn't, so I don't know if I am allowed. If I am, I would be glad to post it, and his article from last week if anyone hasn't seen it.

And why isn't he popular at WSI? Did I miss something?First of all, sorry for the misspelling. Secondly, Mark isn't "Mr. Popular" on this site because in spite of him asking us for feedback towards an article about Sox fans, his site was set up so if anyone wanted to read the article, they'd have to pay for a subscription to that site.

He was banned from the site. He e-mailed me, and after sifting through a couple of things, I explained to him what the problem was. He said he'd make sure the "subscription" problem never happened again, as he said he was unaware of it. He has since e-mailed me not only the piece quoted in this thread, but the prior piece he wrote about why the nation isn't latching itself to the Sox futility like it does for the Cubs' and how it did for the Red Sox. Both articles are good in my opinion, and I can e-mail then to anyone who asks.

TimoPerez
03-06-2005, 09:58 PM
You don't have to pay for either of his articles. Many of the things on NYFanSites.com require you to have a "Pro Subscription" to be seen, but his columns are not one of those things. You only have to register to the site, which is free. I would be glad to post both articles for anyone to see. I think that would probably be more convenient than e-mailing it to anyone who wants it. I don't know if it is against the rules to post a full article, so please tell me, but I would be more than willing to post the articles if it is allowed.

Edit: I just found in the rules that articles may not be posted in their entirety. Carry on with your e-mailing, Mr. hsnterprize.

Anyone who wants to see it for themselves can register for free, though. "Going Nine," Mark Healey's weekly column is 100% free, and extremely informative. His pieces about the White Sox were a pleasure to read...for free!:tongue: