PDA

View Full Version : Player nicknames

Whitesox029
03-06-2005, 02:42 AM
I'm bored, it's late, and we've probably done a thread like this fairly recently...but there are a few guys on our team whose names do not lend themselves to nicknames, so they don't have one. It is my opinion that they need them:
Uribe
Gload
Contreras
Garland
Pierzynski

of all these, I think AJ has the greatest potential to generate some killer nickname ideas...they'll probably mostly be in teal... i.e.,
The Tumor

Nellie_Fox
03-06-2005, 02:59 AM
I'm bored, it's late, and we've probably done a thread like this fairly recently...but there are a few guys on our team whose names do not lend themselves to nicknames, so they don't have one. It is my opinion that they need them:
Uribe
Gload
Contreras
Garland
Pierzynski

of all these, I think AJ has the greatest potential to generate some killer nickname ideas...they'll probably mostly be in teal... i.e.,
The TumorWhy do you need a nickname when you're AJ? Seems short enough to me. Isn't that already a nickname? Im guessing there are actual names connected to those initials.

Realist
03-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Jeromy "Swing and a Miss" Burnitz. [Oops. Wrong team.]

Whitesox029
03-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Why do you need a nickname when you're AJ? Seems short enough to me. Isn't that already a nickname? Im guessing there are actual names connected to those initials.
It seems his name is Anthony John Pierzynski.

Stroker Ace
03-07-2005, 02:53 AM
Judy Garland

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Judy Garland

when i was at a sox game last year, all the people were booing garland because he sucked, and yes we did call him "Judy"