PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 3/5/05

Hangar18
03-05-2005, 06:32 PM
The Cubune today didnt even see fit to write a story about the SOX,
giving them a few paragraphs in the "notes" section today, and relegating
this to the back pages, hidden from Front Page glamour. The Cubs
in the Cubune get another story about Kerry Wood, and some color pics
as well as the all-important Cover shot.
The Cub-Times seemed a bit lazy today as far as reporting (did something happen to Mike Kiley?) as the Cubs and Sox only get notes for each.

The Cubs are sloowwly starting to pull away from the Sox ....as usual.
Heard more radio trailers this morning on the Score "Steve Stone talks
Cubs baseball...only on 670!!"

Cubune:
2 cub stories
1 sox story (and im being generous)
Plus Cubs get another Cover Shot
Cub-Times:
1 cub story
1 sox story

CUBS 58
SOX 42

DumpJerry
03-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Hangar, maybe we need to stop paying attention....it's causing us the have violent thoughts..............

Anyway, we all know that come October when the Sox are in the World Series the Flubs finish in 4th, there will still be more stories each day about how Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are rested and ready for 2006..........

Ol' No. 2
03-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Hangar, maybe we need to stop paying attention....it's causing us the have violent thoughts..............

Anyway, we all know that come October when the Sox are in the World Series the Flubs finish in 4th, there will still be more stories each day about how Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are rested and ready for 2006..........Why is that in teal?

zach074
03-05-2005, 07:39 PM
The media pays more attention to the Cubs than to us we have known this for how long? I think its time to get over it.

DaveIsHere
03-05-2005, 08:18 PM
The media pays more attention to the Cubs than to us we have known this for how long? I think its time to get over it.

Actually I think it is nice that Hangar spends his own time to give us these reports, we are Sox fans we always have hard evidence for anything we claim.

Thanks Again Hangar!!

bigfoot
03-05-2005, 08:20 PM

A wise man once said,
~"Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them;and these will continue, until resisted either by words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the limits of those whom they oppress."

"Get over it", indeed.

Time to stand up and be counted.

OG4LIFE
03-05-2005, 08:39 PM

this is a good, quantitative way to show it. a better way would be to state whether the stories are negative or positive. i think this would be even more telling, i am sure ie:

100 cub stories
90 positive

70 sox stories
30 positive

just an idea

Whitesox029
03-06-2005, 02:18 AM
Ah how I have missed the Hangar chicago media watches. Try to get this published in the Daily Herald or Daily Southtown one day, buddy. Wouldn't that be the ultimate?