PDA

View Full Version : Schilling in Game 4??

dougs78
10-28-2001, 10:03 PM
Do you start Schilling in Game 4? Or do you wait and use him in game 5? Obviously alot of this will depend on who wins game 3, but if clemens can beat anderson, I think you do go ahead and start schilling again. What do you think?

CerberusWG
10-28-2001, 10:04 PM
Ahh, cool a member from portage. I'm from valpo.

For Schilling in Game 4, with the 2-0 lead I would save him for game 5.

KempersRS
10-28-2001, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
Do you start Schilling in Game 4? Or do you wait and use him in game 5? Obviously alot of this will depend on who wins game 3, but if clemens can beat anderson, I think you do go ahead and start schilling again. What do you think?

If the D-Backs win Game 3, no way you start Schilling in game 4. If they lose Game 3, it gets a little tricky. You really don't want to send a Matt Anderson out there and have the Yanks tie it at 2-2, but who knows how good Schill will be on 3 days.

Bmr31
10-28-2001, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by dougs78

you only get one more start from schilling anyway, so why rush it?

dougs78
10-28-2001, 10:15 PM
I agree that you will only get one more start so why rush it. Indeed, if Schilling and Johnson can both win 2 games then obviously what games the pitch is no consequence. But at the same time there is a certain something to be said for being ahead of the yankees in a series from a purely psychological perspective. Obviously all this depends on if schilling feels he is genuinely ready to perform that soon. But I still think I'd probalby give him the ball.

doublem23
10-28-2001, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
you only get one more start from schilling anyway, so why rush it?

Well, true, but if the Yankees win Game 3, then Game 4 is very complex... Do you send out Batista (according to WorldSeries.com) who would be well rested, or do you send out Schilling on 3 days? Which guy gives you a better chance to beat the Yankees?