PDA

View Full Version : 029 Tries his hand at a column...

Whitesox029
03-04-2005, 11:27 PM
...on the homepage. I don't know how many are submitted weekly or how often there's a new one, so I just hope it's good enough for PHG or voodoo or whoever decides what to put up. I basically addressed the national media's failure to pay attention the last 4 years.

SouthBendSox
03-05-2005, 12:17 AM
good luck

Lip Man 1
03-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Reader input is always welcomed at WSI. I'm sure it will go fine. Thanks for making the effort.

Lip

Baby Fisk
03-07-2005, 11:28 AM
029: Media perception of the Sox is largely based on their repeated seasons of mediocrity. Couple that with the ridiculous Cubbie Cult propagated by ESPN & others, and you have the Sox perpetually ignored as the sorry second cousin in Chicago. Fortunately, some sports writers have noticed and written about the off-season shakeup to the Sox' approach (ie., fewer big boppers, more pitching and more Ozzieball), but until the Sox can take the Central and win a playoff series (for the first time since 1917 :rolleyes: ), they will remain...

UNDER THE RADAR

Also, we'd all rather be under the radar than celebrating mediocrity. That's for other tools to revel in.

SOXSINCE'70
03-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Good article.All points are valid.I must, however,
agree with Baby Fisk.The Sox will fly "under the radar"
(great 2005 slogan courtesy of WSI if you're paying
attention,Brooks Boyer) until they win a playoff game
at home.But yes,the media are idiots and assclowns.
To quote Lynyrd Skynard(excuse the spelling)
"You Got That Right".