PDA

View Full Version : Willie Harris- Future Hitman?

OG4LIFE
03-04-2005, 06:02 PM
For those not in the know, willie harris slid hard into aaron miles breaking up a double play, and although miles finished the inning, he left the game afterwards and is diagnosed with a strained knee.

First maggs, now miles... seems like willie gets his biggest hits on other peoples' knees!

game recap (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250304127)

Jabroni
03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Somewhat ironic that a current Sox 2nd baseman takes out an ex-Sox 2nd baseman. :?:

In any case, that's not good news for the Rockies. Miles is their leadoff man.

Lip Man 1
03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
The report via AP said a strained knee. Didn't mention any further examinations or how long he might be out.

Apparently though Ozzie's message about Carlos Lee not sliding hard last year against the Twins has been received, at least by Willie.

Lip

RKMeibalane
03-04-2005, 06:57 PM
The report via AP said a strained knee. Didn't mention any further examinations or how long he might be out.

Apparently though Ozzie's message about Carlos Lee not sliding hard last year against the Twins has been received, at least by Willie.

Lip

That's not surprising, given that Harris has already been told that he has to compete for jobs from now on. It's good to see Sox players being more agressive this season. More than anything, I think that's what got this team into so much trouble last season, and also during the Jerry Manuel years. The fire wasn't there, and other teams sensed that.

SoxEd
03-04-2005, 07:27 PM
That's not surprising, given that Harris has already been told that he has to compete for jobs from now on. It's good to see Sox players being more agressive this season. More than anything, I think that's what got this team into so much trouble last season, and also during the Jerry Manuel years. The fire wasn't there, and other teams sensed that.

I think we'll all be glad if the Sox carry this highly-competitive attitude on to the field during this Season-proper - it would hopefully signal an end to the previous years' occasional outbreaks of :corpseball

Anyway, if 'Ozzieball' is going to be all about the team being fully fired up (and, hopefully, firing on all cylinders), do we expect Cobb-like hitting/stealing stats from our Sox, or Cobb-like suspensions for being too aggressive?

Ol' No. 2
03-04-2005, 08:46 PM
I think we'll all be glad if the Sox carry this highly-competitive attitude on to the field during this Season-proper - it would hopefully signal an end to the previous years' occasional outbreaks of :corpseball

Anyway, if 'Ozzieball' is going to be all about the team being fully fired up (and, hopefully, firing on all cylinders), do we expect Cobb-like hitting/stealing stats from our Sox, or Cobb-like suspensions for being too aggressive?I'm eagerly awaiting the first guy that tries to steal home.:smile:

gobears1987
03-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I can hardly wait until Hunter tries to run over AJ only to get decked by AJ before getting to home.

I'm also going to laugh when el Duque pitches for someone's chin after they hit one back at him.

balke
03-04-2005, 10:55 PM
This thread is mildly offensive. But unfortunately funny.

I hope to see some fire out of this team. Willie still doesn't seem to be getting good jumps on steals, but now's the best time for him to learn. I hope he gets a lot of ST time to work on taking 2nd base. He could be very valuable as a pinch runner when Frank comes back. Imagine a 9th inning walk, with Willie coming in, yanking 2nd, and singled home. How has this not happened after all these years?